Hartlett - hold or punt?

Started by Bully, May 13, 2013, 11:46:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bully

It's a tough call because he's capable of scoring big, the big issue for mine is his inability to take a tag. With Port's tough draw coming up, I reckon he'll struggle. For mine it's this week or never, his BE is huge and he will drop considerably.

What do people think?

footyblues

From left field - would the better opposition mean he may not get tagged as much as they are better equipt to beat port?

Bully

Quote from: footyblues on May 13, 2013, 11:48:46 AM
From left field - would the better opposition mean he may not get tagged as much as they are better equipt to beat port?

Doubt it, I reckon he'll cop a heavy tag for the rest of the year, this concerns me greatly. I could even handle a 70 or 80, but his poor games are just pathetic. Right now, one could move him on to Duffield and pocket some cash, I could also use the dough for a Wines to Priddis trade. I just think his lack of consistency is a real liability.

Rusty00

Quote from: footyblues on May 13, 2013, 11:48:46 AM
After the game he played against Carlton last year, he will definitely cop the Carrazzo tag next week.

Judd Magic

Hartletts got to go.

The spuds just going to keep getting tagged every week and is going to bleed so much cash that you wont even be able to trade him out for a half eaten snickers bar.

I'm ditching him this week most likely for Colqhuin and then my other trade will be Neade to Franklin.

Will fix up my shambles of a backline next week.  ::)

Hazza09

He is really concerning me. I bought him in when Rioli done his hammy a few weeks ago and didnt have a good feeling about it but decided to take a punt! Well what a bad move!!

Has given me nothing but headaches. Have lost 2 very important league games because of him and am thinking maybe its time to trade him.

I also believe opposition coaches know he cant handle a tag, its quite obvious when he gets a tag he goes to water  >:(

If i didnt have other dramas this week he would be gone tonight as soon as lockout ends.

The other choice is to build your team around him, have him as your D6 or M8 or just have him as a Mid/Def link.

Hes a spud! Fuming that i wasted 2 trades on him!

Hazza09

Quote from: Bully on May 13, 2013, 11:46:31 AM
It's a tough call because he's capable of scoring big, the big issue for mine is his inability to take a tag. With Port's tough draw coming up, I reckon he'll struggle. For mine it's this week or never, his BE is huge and he will drop considerably.

What do people think?

Just to add.... he is capable of scoring big....but who did he play against when he scored BIG?
He had nobody tagging him obviously.

This is what Hinkley said about Hartlett after Saturday.

"Hamish Hartlett had another quiet day with just 10 possessions, and Hinkley has urged him to keep working harder and fight back as Richmond superstar Brett Deledio did this week"

"To respond like we've seen with the game of Deledio today, sometimes there's no easy thing to do - it's about a fair bit of hard work,"
Hinkley said.

tor01doc

Why has it taken until now for those overpaid highly qualified AFL coaches to realize he's easily taken out of a game with a tag?

I want to trade him out, but my pride is preventing me.

I need to offload about 263 of his younger teammates this week too!  ::)

tor01doc

And - what happened to him round 2 against the mighty Giants?

Judd Magic

Quote from: tor01doc on May 13, 2013, 12:36:11 PM
And - what happened to him round 2 against the mighty Giants?

Palmer tagged him.  ::)

GoLions

Quote from: tor01doc on May 13, 2013, 12:32:26 PM
Why has it taken until now for those overpaid highly qualified AFL coaches to realize he's easily taken out of a game with a tag?

I want to trade him out, but my pride is preventing me.

I need to offload about 263 of his younger teammates this week too!  ::)
Hartlett will lose much much more cash than the likes of Stevenson, Neade, Wines etc. If you want to get rid of him, then it has to be this week. B/E of almost 250, now is the best time to offload him to someone like Hanley (or Birchall, even with his high b/e).

twinkle

Quote from: Hazza09 on May 13, 2013, 12:07:58 PM
He is really concerning me. I bought him in when Rioli done his hammy a few weeks ago and didnt have a good feeling about it but decided to take a punt! Well what a bad move!!

Did exactlty the same thing.... :'(  Thought it was a genius move at the time too - fixed up a donut in defence and got him in with a low B/E... Wish I had stuck with the original plan of Stevie J...

Hazza09

Quote from: twinkle on May 13, 2013, 12:55:50 PM

Did exactlty the same thing.... :'(  Thought it was a genius move at the time too - fixed up a donut in defence and got him in with a low B/E... Wish I had stuck with the original plan of Stevie J...

Twinkle that was the exact same trade i was going to do myself....what a huge mistake! Got sucked into all the hype of Hamish.

Just a note he hasnt been tagged by any recognised Taggers.

GWS = Palmer  :o
North = Have no idea  :-[
Tigers = Jackson  :o  :o

Cool9

If i didnt have other dramas this week he would be gone tonight as soon as lockout ends.

Trade him out a few times after lockout anyway just for therapy

felsty

Quote from: Hazza09 on May 13, 2013, 02:38:58 PM
Quote from: twinkle on May 13, 2013, 12:55:50 PM

Twinkle that was the exact same trade i was going to do myself....what a huge mistake! Got sucked into all the hype of Hamish.

Just a note he hasnt been tagged by any recognised Taggers.

GWS = Palmer  :o
North = Have no idea  :-[
Tigers = Jackson  :o  :o

The other was bastinac who definitely isn't a tagger.. Surely there must be something else behind the scenes. My plan is to go Hartlett and Neade for Vlastuin and premium mid/back if I can afford it.. Can't wait for tonight's game to be over so I can have a play around