Matt priddis

Started by Redbaron, May 12, 2013, 08:22:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redbaron

I know he is cheap as chips but if you have Fyfe in your team who may be M8, does that really leave room for a 108-115pt player in your mids

Guns1989

I am weighing this up at the moment! I may skip him and just get a josh kennedy or jobe watson

specky92

I think Fyfe is underrated, could average 120 if he keeps the shoulder in

Pleb

still undecided with priddis. Was thinking of going Mundy to Priddis but not sure if its worth burning a trade to be honest

Redbaron

Last year after the price drop he went up 100k but finished the year around 500k, I think super premiums will be available for 550-600k before priddis goes up 100k. I hate missing him but I also have Mundy/Fyfe and one or both will go to super premium at some stage, all week I have wanted him but I think I will pass

Big Mac

Basically if you get Priddis you are giving up 150 points (How many more points Watson will score per game (10) multiplied by the amount of games left (15)), for a $100k saving (assuming you buy Watson when he bottoms out (likely around 550k)). At the end of the day if you have Fyfe but want Priddis, you could always just trade Priddis out for a Selwood/Watson/Cotchin when/if you finish your upgrades and have cash.

Frozensage

2 downgrades this week then? seems like alot of cows to be chopped up!

FactHunt

Priddis is a good stepping stone with good scoring potential along the way...
he won't be top 8 mids by any stretch, but you won't lose out on picking him up at rock-bottom $$$
He is a handy regarding the bye rounds too... with many top tier players for the mids with the bye in the third week

But as Frozen said... there are a few cows to be culled this week :-[

HotTiges

yeah not sure again.. what's his BE and new price? could wait another week and sort out the Neade/Stevenson issues

kilbluff1985

have just decided i'm not getting him because of his fixture in the finals

Round 20 = Essendon
Round 21 = Geelong
Round 22 = Collingwood
Round 23 = Adelaide

Frozensage

Quote from: Big  Mac on May 12, 2013, 08:39:10 PM
Basically if you get Priddis you are giving up 150 points (How many more points Watson will score per game (10) multiplied by the amount of games left (15)), for a $100k saving (assuming you buy Watson when he bottoms out (likely around 550k)). At the end of the day if you have Fyfe but want Priddis, you could always just trade Priddis out for a Selwood/Watson/Cotchin when/if you finish your upgrades and have cash.

about the watson comparison. Priddis will make you 100k-150k where as watson I can't imagine he going up by more than 50k. So at some point later on you could upgrade priddis to watson and pocket the change. Every change another premo gun will come under 600k after the bye too.

fever

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on May 12, 2013, 09:34:04 PM
have just decided i'm not getting him because of his fixture in the finals

Round 20 = Essendon
Round 21 = Geelong
Round 22 = Collingwood
Round 23 = Adelaide

i havent looked at any info, but i would imagine priddis' scores aren't greatly affected by playing tougher teams.

sammy123

would love to get him. But i thinking of upgrading stvenson to hanley. I would only use priddis to gain 150K more then get watson or swan etc

poolboybob

Quote from: Redbaron on May 12, 2013, 08:22:28 PM
I know he is cheap as chips but if you have Fyfe in your team who may be M8, does that really leave room for a 108-115pt player in your mids

That is always my plan, to have a player like Priddis be my worst regular heading into finals, but then some players get hurt and other play poorly, and some cash cows don't fatten up enough, and I end up starting Jonathon Giles at R2. If you end up not having room for Priddis come finals time, you've been really fortunate and you're probably going to blow everyone away.