Double downgrade this week?

Started by Babylove, May 12, 2013, 01:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babylove

Def: Goddard, Shaw,Gibbs, Goodes, Otten, Vlaustin (Heath, Brown)
Mid: Ablett, Pendlebury, Swan, Dangerfield, Cotchin, Wines, O'Meara, Jones (Crouch, Viney)
Ruc: Maric, Leuenberger (Rowe, Gawn)
Fwd: Franklin, Cox, Rockliff, Kennedy, D. Thomas, Macaffer, (Neade, Mayes)
Cash Left: $56,500

So I'm thinking this week of doing a double downgrade rather than upgrading someone to Priddis.  Basically Heath, Neade & Wines have already maxed out so I am thinking of this week:

Wines to Lonergan
Neade to Lyons, Kennedy or Lamb (depends on team selections and Lyon's performance today).

Then next week going:
Heath to Colquhoun or Thurlow depending on form next week and team selections.

That should net me between $450k to $500k on top of what I already have in the bank which gives me a good little war chest to aim to upgrade the likes of Jones, O'Meara etc who should be ready to upgrade around the bye rounds.

Would love your thoughts on these trades. Particularly thoughts on Lyons v Kennedy v Lamb and Colquhoun v Thurlow.

Babylove

And of course while I was writing this thread it was announced that Lyons is a sub today, just to make the Neade trade harder.   >:(

Nyn

We have a pretty similar team. Ill be making the short jump from wines to priddis and hopefully a downgrade option comes up for neade. Docherty would be good and hopefully he can string a few games together... if no Docherty ill probably wait a week for colquhoun.

tkringle

Quote from: Nyn on May 12, 2013, 01:26:50 PM
We have a pretty similar team. Ill be making the short jump from wines to priddis and hopefully a downgrade option comes up for neade. Docherty would be good and hopefully he can string a few games together... if no Docherty ill probably wait a week for colquhoun.

How would you go Neade to Docherty?

Nyn

Swap him into the mods and then swing one of my def/mid in and trade him for docherty..

the captain

Quote from: Nyn on May 12, 2013, 02:41:30 PM
Swap him into the mods and then swing one of my def/mid in and trade him for docherty..
He doesn't have any DPP mids to be able to move him into the midfield.

I'd probably go Thurlow over Colquhoun on current form, but really just wait to see if both are in the team and how they're scoring.