Is buddy even worth it?

Started by TeeJay, May 11, 2013, 11:13:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TeeJay

Have 2 spots left in my forward line and would like to fill them with 2 of Nicnat, Buddy or Stevie J.

Is buddy worth bothering with? He is due for a monster drop in price but he is far from convincing. We saw the contract circus ruin Travis clokes season last year. Is the same thing happening to buddy?

Frozensage

Quote from: TeeJay on May 11, 2013, 11:13:38 PM
Have 2 spots left in my forward line and would like to fill them with 2 of Nicnat, Buddy or Stevie J.

Is buddy worth bothering with? He is due for a monster drop in price but he is far from convincing. We saw the contract circus ruin Travis clokes season last year. Is the same thing happening to buddy?

If he scores huge nxt week then ill have more confidence. Otherwise Nic nat with the dpp is more attractive.

TeeJay

Quote from: Frozensage on May 11, 2013, 11:23:23 PM
Quote from: TeeJay on May 11, 2013, 11:13:38 PM

If he scores huge nxt week then ill have more confidence. Otherwise Nic nat with the dpp is more attractive.

Not really.. They are playing GWS in tassie. If he doesnt score big in that theres something seriously wrong

whynot102

I have had from the start and been disappointing, didn't get near it tonight other than first quarter and still scored 86 much better choice than Hartlett. Get on the Buggy train Hawks play 3 bottom sides next three weeks.

doogz

If he doesnt score big next week, I may do my first sideways trade of the year.  I feel a cloke situation all over again.

TeeJay

Quote from: whynot102 on May 11, 2013, 11:28:35 PM
I have had from the start and been disappointing, didn't get near it tonight other than first quarter and still scored 86 much better choice than Hartlett. Get on the Buggy train Hawks play 3 bottom sides next three weeks.

Yeah ya get on him for a season though not for 3 games. I can see him averaging <100 for the season

Bachar14

!  didnt start with him and his be is still 174 for next week so if he fails miserably he'll be even cheaper and if he does get around 150 then his confidence will be up and he'll still be around the same price. ill be getting him in next week for sure.

Footyrulz

HotTiges

Will be cheap as chips for sure but is he guranteed big scores against the 3 bottom sides?agree nic nat and even roughy look better value.why is Hartlett even mentioned in this thread?

North Melbournes Finest

How did he score 86 off 9 touches and 3 goals? He was on 47 at half time and I think he had 3 touches and no goals after that....

roo boys!

Quote from: North Melbournes Finest on May 12, 2013, 09:17:17 AM
How did he score 86 off 9 touches and 3 goals? He was on 47 at half time and I think he had 3 touches and no goals after that....
Who knows. And that is the exact reason I want to trade him in soonish.

North Melbournes Finest

Quote from: roo boys! on May 12, 2013, 09:26:12 AM
Quote from: North Melbournes Finest on May 12, 2013, 09:17:17 AM
Who knows. And that is the exact reason I want to trade him in soonish.
Think I'm bringing him in this week. It's hard barrocking against my favourite player. He's vsing the 3 bottom sides and due to go bang with a 6+ goal haul. Could see him absolutely monstering this week.

Frozensage

if you really really want the points then you can get him this week. Otherwise his BE will still be 170+ so next week might be a better time to have a look at him. Who knows, he might only get 80 this week again?

ronl

Hawthorn players aren't even looking for him.  The focus seems to have shifted to the smaller forwards.  Not good.  Anyway, I think Buddy's mind may be on other things like lying in the sun all year round surrounded by chicks who are slobbering over him, then going over to Gazza's house for a couple cold ones with the boys, before heading out to one of those Gold Coast night clubs where absolutely ANYTHING goes.  I think Buddy's teammates are jealous.  That's the problem.

HotTiges

Quote from: Frozensage on May 13, 2013, 04:56:57 PM
if you really really want the points then you can get him this week. Otherwise his BE will still be 170+ so next week might be a better time to have a look at him. Who knows, he might only get 80 this week again?
Priddis this week Budweiser the next?