Jonathan Brown

Started by Joshy11, March 03, 2010, 07:15:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fortynine

So you think its wisest to keep to Selwood, and trade out Browny for Sylvia? I cant deal with another sub 2k week!

CFC 1979

selwood is a gun

have faith and don't waste trade

AndyJ

Heres an interesting one. J.Brown struggling with what could turn out to be a lengthy bit of downtime .. or below par scoring compared to his usual standard.   Will this mean the lions are going to be directing more ball towards fevola? I'm saying this as i'm looking to get off the zieball/danger road to nowhere and Fev MAY benefit from this.

wrangle

Quote from: chatters24 on April 28, 2010, 03:11:05 AM
If you trade Selwood this week he will go out and score 140 on the weekend because that's what premiums do in DT when you trade them out. It's a no for me.

So can you *please* trade him out so he can get 140 cos I'm keeping him!

Purple Haze

voss said browny isnt injured and it was just form.... :s

thornz23

he was definately not 100% voss just didn't want to show weakness in the club i guess. u shouldn;t trade brown or selwood. they are 2 premiums that u won;t have to waste trades on... don't worry if they lose a bit of money

AndyJ

Form slump.. If thats to be believed.  Its the king of all form slumps. 3 weeks of 'best scoring player in the competition' then a dramatic drop to a player whos hopelessly out of form in the space of 2 weeks? .. gimme a break.

I'm not trading him out by any means, Seriously considering putting him on the bench this week tho.. especially if he DOESNT TRAIN again.

ps - not training an out of form player ... ?? ..... really. no.

Bluke

Got to agree with your AndyJ. I'm holding him unless it becomes clear he suffering something a little more long term (eg. Cox last year)

OCT23JNR

Was on the Brisbane website yesterday afternoon. On the website they had a live chat featuring Matthew Leuenberger. Although a little vague in his reply, he say's that JB is fit and will be playing this weekend.
Below is a link of the Live Chat Transcript.
http://www.lions.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/5085/newsid/93034/default.aspx

ronl

Brissy are not stupid, they're not going to take chances with their most important player if he's not right.  I'd rather see him benched for a week or two than continue to play with an injury that will only get worse if he plays, have faith...a month from now it will all be a distant memory.

chatters24

GinoGod

seeing the game against melbourne....i dont think brisbane can win without him unless they play horrible side.  i believe he will still be played even with injury

elxam

heard same thing from him last week

chatters24

Quote from: elxam on April 29, 2010, 03:13:56 AM
heard same thing from him last week

And he stayed true to his word, so I believe him again this week.

PowerMan

Quote from: fortynine on April 28, 2010, 03:09:04 AM
If Browny is gunna be good to go then I've got enough in the kitty this week to ditch selwood for sylvia

Has anyone heard anything about how he's faring and what are your opinions on getting rid of Selwood after his average start

I did read somewhere that he'll start this week, and that his injury has improved this week.