North v Bulldogs subs

Started by Mat0369, May 11, 2013, 03:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

Hine (NM) out. Replaced by Hansen. Subs: Daniel Cross (WB) and Daniel Wells (NM)

No Koby Stevens and those two subs  :o

roo boys!

Wow :o Black, Cross, Wellsy subs in this afternoon's games what's going on?

I understand Black returning from injury but the other two bewilder me.

Mat0369

Black was understandable trying to ease him in. The other two I am shocked

juzztheball

lowry

Wait is it Hine or Black out?

Mat0369

Quote from: lowry on May 11, 2013, 04:03:53 PM
Wait is it Hine or Black out?

He was talking about Simon Black, he was the substitute for Brisbane today. Hine is out last I checked

Big Mac

Still stumped as to why Koby was dropped...Scored 80 in his last two games as well.

juzztheball

Quote from: Big  Mac on May 11, 2013, 05:01:45 PM
Still stumped as to why Koby was dropped...Scored 80 in his last two games as well.

Because a) the coaches dont look at supercoach points as to who gets selected/dropped and b) who else was going to make way for griffin? everyone else is just as good or better

Mat0369

Quote from: juzztheball on May 11, 2013, 05:03:12 PM
Because a) the coaches dont look at supercoach points as to who gets selected/dropped and b) who else was going to make way for griffin? everyone else is just as good or better

Yeah pretty much this. They might score well in SC for a week but they might not perform their team role well. I do think he would have been a better sub then Cross so that is interesting.

juzztheball

I personally thought Tutt might've been sub ahead of Cross. I liked Tutt's game last week even though he had a shower supercoach score he looked lively, hence why i think they left him in over Stevens.

Big Mac

Quote from: juzztheball on May 11, 2013, 05:03:12 PM
Quote from: Big  Mac on May 11, 2013, 05:01:45 PM

I realise that they don't choose their players based on Supercoach...What I meant was he still has money to make but may have to be cashed in soon. Probably should have worded it better.

roo boys!

Reasoning behind Wells was to monitor his workload after an injury restricted pre-season. Haven't heard any reasoning as to why Cross was sub yet?

Mat0369

Quote from: roo boys! on May 11, 2013, 10:12:59 PM
Reasoning behind Wells was to monitor his workload after an injury restricted pre-season. Haven't heard any reasoning as to why Cross was sub yet?

It always stumps me when I hear this considering if you get an early injury he would have had to play the majority of the game.

roo boys!

Exactly. Must admit a sign of overconfidence, if that was against Geelong Wells would have played the whole game for sure.