Eliminator

Started by its me lads, May 08, 2013, 05:50:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

its me lads

Anyone have a tough game this week? Or did anyone lose last week?
Hope this didn't happen to anyone who played the bye.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXatqcigUFw

Noz

Wow i totally forgot about the eliminator this year.

its me lads

Quote from: Noz on May 08, 2013, 05:54:06 PM
Wow i totally forgot about the eliminator this year.

Same! Just had a quick peep and i'm against some ranked 88 thousand ::)

jamfrank

Up against someone ranked 182,654

I've never really cared about the eliminator, tbh

HBTD22

I've got some bloke whos ranked about 104 thousand. 8)

HBTD22

Quote from: jamfrank on May 08, 2013, 06:08:36 PM

Holy shower. What rank are you?

Toga

I've got someone averaging 500 points less than me a week (130,000 odd) :P

John62

I've got someone ranked 2853!!!!

jamfrank

Quote from: HBTD22 on May 08, 2013, 06:09:36 PM
Quote from: jamfrank on May 08, 2013, 06:08:36 PM

Holy shower. What rank are you?

5,338 :(

Went down after last week from 3,561

KoopKicka

Got someonne ranked 22k, his team is on par with mine, he just had even more of a shocking week :/ He had 3 donuts, Hayes, Waters and a self incflicted Goodes one

Windigo

Flower, thanks for reminding me about it!  8)

Toga

Anyone know how eliminator match-ups work? :P

First of all thought it might be on weekly ranking, but I am playing a sh!thouse team this week despite a sh!thouse score from me last week.

Then thought it must be on overall ranking, but I'm ranked higher than some of the other blokes posting who they're playing, but they're playing worser teams this week!

jamfrank

Quote from: Toga on May 08, 2013, 06:31:11 PM
Anyone know how eliminator match-ups work? :P

First of all thought it might be on weekly ranking, but I am playing a sh!thouse team this week despite a sh!thouse score from me last week.

Then thought it must be on overall ranking, but I'm ranked higher than some of the other blokes posting who they're playing, but they're playing worser teams this week!

I always thought it was completely random...

Toga

Ah, right! That would make sense! :P

jamfrank

Although:

Each eligible entry will receive a ranking based on their team score at the completion of Round 5;
Each team in the top 131,072 entries will be matched up against another team in the next 131,072 entries based on their rankings;
In Round 6, these teams will be matched up and play 'head-to-head' against one another, the winner being the team that scores the most points for the round;
The winning teams proceed to the next round, losing teams are eliminated and take no further part in the Eliminator competition;
The process is repeated with all remaining teams for the remainder of the season, until there are 2 teams remaining in Round 23. The higher scoring of the two teams in Round 23 will be deemed the Eliminator Winner;
In the event of a tied score at any stage, the team with the highest total score for the season-to-date is deemed the winner - if this is equal, the winner will be the team who registered first in time.

So I guess who you play in Rd 7 is based on your round 5 & 6 scores combined?