Top 8 Mids Year End

Started by rider, May 08, 2013, 02:07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will be the top 8 Mids (Avg) by years end? (read post first)

Beams
25 (312.5%)
Cotchin
50 (625%)
Cornes
12 (150%)
Scott Selwood
18 (225%)
Stanton
31 (387.5%)
Murphy
49 (612.5%)
Watson
38 (475%)

Total Members Voted: 8

HBTD22

I reckon Jelwood will average more than Scott in the long run.

My top 8 averages (in no order):

Swan, Ablett, Pendles, Murphy, Boyd, Cotchin, Stanton, Swallow.

With Mitchell, Jelwood, Scott Selwood, Watson and Thompson just missing out.

Adamant

It's only been 6 rounds in, people writing off guys like Jobe and Cotchin already. ::) Swallow will not be a top 8 mid.

Swan, Ablett, Pendles, Boyd, Stanton, Watson, Murphy & Cotchin.

jamfrank

Is everyone writing off Patty Dangerfield? Can he turn it around from here on in? Last week's 145 was a good start.

rider

Quote from: Adamant on May 08, 2013, 05:09:40 PM
It's only been 6 rounds in, people writing off guys like Jobe and Cotchin already. ::) Swallow will not be a top 8 mid.

Swan, Ablett, Pendles, Boyd, Stanton, Watson, Murphy & Cotchin.

This is  where I was at last week but I have beams as a likely inclusion depending on how he comes back from injury. My only concern is the way Jobe and Cotchin played.

Adamant

shower, forgot about Beams. Hard to say how he'll go coming back from injury, but should be top 8.

Toga

Not a fan of Spitz, Adamant?

Adamant

Quote from: Toga on May 08, 2013, 07:38:51 PM

Really like him as a player, not a fan of him in DT. Might be a big call, but I don't see him as ever becoming an uber premo (110+ average). I think the biggest thing that puts me off him is his ability to throw in a shocker here and there. Look at how many sub-80 games he's had in the last 3 years:

56, 59, 69, 77 & 77 in 2010 - 11/22 tons.
52, 71, 71, 77 & 77 in 2011 - 8/22 tons.
58, 72, 73 & 76 in 2012 - 7/22 tons.

He does have a high celing though, but just doesn't ton up enough to balance out his poor games IMO. He's had a great start to the season, but can he keep it up? don't think so. Happy to be proven wrong though. ;)

Toga

Nice stats there!

Can't decide what I wanna do, I'm in two minds. Have always loved him as a player and thought that this might be his year in DT but wasn't brave enough to start him. Want another premium midfielder next week but don't think I'll be able to afford another Rd13 bye, so think Spitz might be my man... Guess I'll make that choice next week. :P

BGK

Quote from: Jukes on May 08, 2013, 02:50:08 PM
In no particular order,

Stants, Swan, Beams, Ablett, Pendles, Swallow, Murphy and Selwood.

In a particular order,
Swan, Stants (excluding injured game), Pendles, Beams, Ablett, Swallow, Selwood, Murphy.

I wasn't aware we could pick and chose which games we include. If he gets injured again do we exclude that too? I do agree that Stants will be there abouts though.

powersuperkents

Quote from: Adamant on May 08, 2013, 07:56:43 PM
Quote from: Toga on May 08, 2013, 07:38:51 PM

Really like him as a player, not a fan of him in DT. Might be a big call, but I don't see him as ever becoming an uber premo (110+ average). I think the biggest thing that puts me off him is his ability to throw in a shocker here and there. Look at how many sub-80 games he's had in the last 3 years:

56, 59, 69, 77 & 77 in 2010 - 11/22 tons.
52, 71, 71, 77 & 77 in 2011 - 8/22 tons.
58, 72, 73 & 76 in 2012 - 7/22 tons.

He does have a high celing though, but just doesn't ton up enough to balance out his poor games IMO. He's had a great start to the season, but can he keep it up? don't think so. Happy to be proven wrong though. ;)
This is what is throwing me off Swallow. I looked at his stats last and he would score 80-95 with the occasional horrid game and then massive games (too me this doesn't make up a uber premium because consistency is a must). I've talked to a few people and I think that I'm going to risk my r13 game and pick Murphy over Swallow. I've got crap competition in r13 and should still be a possible victory but one loss + $31k is the price I'm willing too pay for proven quality. Swallow is much more durable but Murphs is a superstar and I've always had him pinned for 110+, I just can't trust Swallow no matter how hard I try and get the feeling if I pick him he might Stanton me ;) Last year I was going to pick Stanton (cheaper and higher average at the time) over Watson. I asked for some advice and everyone said Watson, I was unsure but Watson deliver. I see Stanton and Swallow as similar players they can either pay off big time or flower you over 

Jigsaw

For me, it would be out of Beams, Cotchin and Watson, with Stanton a maybe (If he doesn't shower the second half of the season that is).

Spanner221

People have forgotten about Mitchell's flying start too. Wonder what they will be thinking at the bye after his 3 easy games...

Bluke

If you mean Scott Selwood - then yes, he will be top 8

Andrew

Quote from: Spanner221 on May 08, 2013, 11:02:59 PM
People have forgotten about Mitchell's flying start too. Wonder what they will be thinking at the bye after his 3 easy games...

Good point. He's definitely an upgrade target for me, but how good is the chance of him being rested in one of those 3 easy games..?