For Andrew Swallow owners only ;)

Started by powersuperkents, May 07, 2013, 06:08:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How has it been having him in your team?

Satisfying (cofident going into a round that he'll go 100+)
10 (40%)
Amazing (he's a superstar)
6 (24%)
Nerve Racking (scares me going into the lockout)
9 (36%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Nige

I've had him, and I've loved it. Good POD. Did captain him that one game he did ordinary in, that'll teach me. But yeah, he's a good pick in my book.

hardnut

I don't have him this year but have done in the past, has been a nearly man for a true break out DT year for a while. Got the feeling this could be his year. Not a reliable captain option but a huge ceiling and he's no less reliable than Watson and co so far this year. He just doesn't seem to have anyone that really steals points from him unlike Jobe, Cotch etc.

I'd get on if I could but think I'll sort my bunky forward line.

Jigsaw

Quality pick. Have had him in my side since the beginning and never looked back.

If your after a R12 bye player, you can't go wrong.

Beams V2.0 ;)

greendayz

Brought him in second round after I decided to start the season with Toby Greene instead :o There are all sorts of worries for coaches over a season and one won't be Andrew Swallow. Week on week you'll have far more pressing issues. There's a group of players in my team that are solid, that never need worrying about and hopefully don't require any of my attention over the season. Swallow is one of them. Lock him in and don't look back.  :)

powersuperkents

Do any of you guys think he'll finish above Marc Murphy by the end of the season?

Toga

I think Murphy will out average him come season's end, and will probably be a bit more consistent.

That being said, I'm trying my hardest to bring Andy in this week :P

(I already have Murph)

TMurphBROWNLOW

without a doubt he will feature in my final 8 midfielders barring injury. he's a gun, can't wait for his brother to come of age too  :o Ablett, Swallow, O'Meara. will be a strong exciting midfield!

Ching_Blirrel

Spitz is a gun! I started the year with him for sure. But I do notice he does tone it down for the weaker opposition, but im happy with his 80-90's. He only scored 9 centuries last year but I think he will have alot more this season. The lead up to the finals will be damaging for your league opponents if you dont have him.

Dwyer only averaging 11 last two because he's playing a role, defensive half forward now that Caf is down back. Bucks is a big fan of this guy, he'll play. Hopefully he improves that role and starts attacking again!

powersuperkents

Quote from: Ching_Blirrel on May 08, 2013, 04:44:16 PM
Spitz is a gun! I started the year with him for sure. But I do notice he does tone it down for the weaker opposition, but im happy with his 80-90's. He only scored 9 centuries last year but I think he will have alot more this season. The lead up to the finals will be damaging for your league opponents if you dont have him.

Dwyer only averaging 11 last two because he's playing a role, defensive half forward now that Caf is down back. Bucks is a big fan of this guy, he'll play. Hopefully he improves that role and starts attacking again!
That's a good point, Kangas will struggle to make the top 8 so Swallow will hopefully (and most likely) be giving it his all. Could have an amazing lead finish to the season :)

Toga

Good point guys, won't be at risk of being rested which is what you really need.

Interesting, I realised that he plays WB this weekend so went on a mad rush to get him into my team. But last year, he wasn't fantastic, two nineties on them... Will those 90's transform into bigger scores this year, or should I stick to my plan and get him next week?

powersuperkents

Quote from: Toga on May 08, 2013, 04:58:15 PM
Good point guys, won't be at risk of being rested which is what you really need.

Interesting, I realised that he plays WB this weekend so went on a mad rush to get him into my team. But last year, he wasn't fantastic, two nineties on them... Will those 90's transform into bigger scores this year, or should I stick to my plan and get him next week?
I can't tell. Lower may be rested I heard but Picken is still there, Swallows improved since last year and Boomer returning will hopefully improve that. The problem is he has so many contested possession (his main score) that even if he is tagged it won't even matter. I think that's what you should be taking into consideration this week as well as his mediocre record against poor teams (98 against port and an injury affected 64 against Brissy). If you think Lower or Picken can tag him you should wait a week but either way he shouldn't go too far up/down in price so depends on whether you have bigger problems :)

According to footywire he should only go up $4k

Toga

Yeah it seems a bit silly to tag him tbh, it's like someone tagging Boyd - doesn't make sense!

He might cop some close attention but the Dogs are letting the third most DT points be scored against each week:

http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/943325_10151386139548053_302920275_n.jpg

Makes me think Andy could go big this week, might be worth jumping on :-X