For Andrew Swallow owners only ;)

Started by powersuperkents, May 07, 2013, 06:08:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How has it been having him in your team?

Satisfying (cofident going into a round that he'll go 100+)
10 (40%)
Amazing (he's a superstar)
6 (24%)
Nerve Racking (scares me going into the lockout)
9 (36%)

Total Members Voted: 2

powersuperkents

What's it like to have him in your team? Are you confident that he'll go 107+ this season? Has he been a quality player? Have you been able to rely on him as you would with players like Watson, Cotchin & Pendles over the last seasons?

Tenfold

Get on board he is consistent and has an easier run coming up. Can't go wrong with him. His poor game was affected by an injury.

powersuperkents

Quote from: Tenfold on May 07, 2013, 06:59:19 PM
Get on board he is consistent and has an easier run coming up. Can't go wrong with him. His poor game was affected by an injury.
haha cheers man, that's the sort of thing I needed to hear :) I have my doubts on him maintaining his average but I trust your 1st hand advice over any assumption I have. I think my doubts are just because of him coming off a 98. Do you think he'll maintain his average?

Mr Miagi

I am happy with a 98 in my midfield. It was better than Watsons 54. For me, an easy run coming up should see him back on track after his 64. Look at the teams he has scored against. They are top tier. Collingwood = 141, Geelong = 115, Sydney = 123, Hawthorn = 116.  8) Jet.

powersuperkents

Quote from: Mr Miagi on May 07, 2013, 07:17:38 PM
I am happy with a 98 in my midfield. It was better than Watsons 54. For me, an easy run coming up should see him back on track after his 64. Look at the teams he has scored against. They are top tier. Collingwood = 141, Geelong = 115, Sydney = 123, Hawthorn = 116.  8) Jet.
Yeah all his games before the bye is easy competition. I'm just worried that he can't perform against the bottom teams because he may ease up instead and give his team mates more of a run now that he is captain. What do you think? He looks really good and the bye and price tag are perfect it's just I have too compare him to Marcus Murphy :P

Alka

He faces West Coast next week. His average over the last SIX games against them is 120.

I can't get him in this week because Grimes, but I'm making sure he's in before that clash!

tbagrocks

Well done if you started him, he's a Brownlow chance as I speak

But do we jump on? Wow different topic! Guy just keeps improving!

powersuperkents

Quote from: Alka on May 07, 2013, 08:29:56 PM
He faces West Coast next week. His average over the last SIX games against them is 120.

I can't get him in this week because Grimes, but I'm making sure he's in before that clash!
haha I'm starting to feel more ensured. I messaged some of fanfooty's elite users and they all sided with Swallow over Murphy especially when taking into account my situation. This week I'm going Grimes -> Hanley :) and Wines -> Swallow (still considering Murphy) I heard on in the mix Dwyer might be getting dropped this week :D hopefully that happens so he won't lose any value. I read the reason he may get dropped is because he's average 11 touches in the last two games so I'm going to have my fingers crossed so I can upgrade/downgrade next week :) Stevenson and Heath are my only two problems left :( but I have the westhoff -> Stevie J trade to thank for that, if I didn't make that trade and went Hoff -> Franklin and Goodes -> Hartlett like I'd considered I would have lost team value and obtained less points than Stevie J and a doughnut so I guess I was just lucky that I really really wanted Stevie j so I defied logic :)

I feel better about Swallow, what do you personally think his average will be by the end of the season?

powersuperkents

Quote from: tbagrocks on May 07, 2013, 08:33:43 PM
Well done if you started him, he's a Brownlow chance as I speak

But do we jump on? Wow different topic! Guy just keeps improving!
Where do you stand? Do you advocate for bringing Swallow in? :)

glynman

I've brought him in. All the logical reasons have been canvassed so I'll just add that my team now looks awesome with him in. Nice and balanced for byes and not too many players from any one team. Plus he's got that hefty avg which gives me a lot of confidence.

powersuperkents

Quote from: glynman on May 07, 2013, 08:43:33 PM
I've brought him in. All the logical reasons have been canvassed so I'll just add that my team now awesome with him in. Nice and balanced for byes and not too many players from any one team. Plus he's got that hefty avg which gives me a lot of confidence.
If you had to predict where would you mark his overall average by the end of the year?

Ajax22

To start out with I'm gonna say I like him and he should be thereabouts for the top 10 in the midfield.

Saying that though don't go getting too impressed with his scores against the good sides. North have at least been competitive against all these teams so its not like he's scoring well in blowouts (like for instance Gaz). The next point to note is none of those teams are renowned for tagging and stopping the oppositions best mid. The tags gonna be going to one of Swallow or Wells every week and if he keeps up the good form he's gonna start copping some major attention.

Just more to think about when getting him

powersuperkents

Quote from: Ajax22 on May 07, 2013, 09:09:21 PM
To start out with I'm gonna say I like him and he should be thereabouts for the top 10 in the midfield.

Saying that though don't go getting too impressed with his scores against the good sides. North have at least been competitive against all these teams so its not like he's scoring well in blowouts (like for instance Gaz). The next point to note is none of those teams are renowned for tagging and stopping the oppositions best mid. The tags gonna be going to one of Swallow or Wells every week and if he keeps up the good form he's gonna start copping some major attention.

Just more to think about when getting him
Like what happened to the Hoff....

That worries me because he hasn't been tagged yet this season but I though a tag wouldn't have too much of an impact on him as he racks up contested possessions. But saying that Murphy has been tagged a few times this season and busted 110+ scores every time. This is tough

glynman

Quote from: powersuperkents on May 07, 2013, 08:54:56 PM
Quote from: glynman on May 07, 2013, 08:43:33 PM
I've brought him in. All the logical reasons have been canvassed so I'll just add that my team now awesome with him in. Nice and balanced for byes and not too many players from any one team. Plus he's got that hefty avg which gives me a lot of confidence.
If you had to predict where would you mark his overall average by the end of the year?

106-108 I reckon. He's the type to easily manage 100-105 but will struggle to push that super premo 110 avg. Hopefully this year he can do it but for his price I'd be happy with 105+.

RookieDTer

Gah, I want Watson/Gablett next week... but, I'd much rather someone with a R12bye... like Swallow!

Might need to get him, to be honest.