In for Grimes

Started by Alka, May 07, 2013, 02:57:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alka

I'm one of the few unlucky enough to have Grimes.

My backline currently:
Goddard, Birchall, Hibberd, Grimes, Heath, Stevenson (Goodes, Pittard).

I have 50k in the bank.

My main option is Heppell followed by Hanley.
I'm also considering a downgrade to Vlastuin.

Unfortunately, I don't have the cash for a straight swap to Heppell.
So, I can do:

Stevenson -> Vlastuin
Grimes -> Heppell

or, I'd really like to get in Daisy this week, and I'm worried I'll miss the boat if I don't get on now.

So alternatively
Grimes -> Vlastuin
Wines -> Daisy (swap with Mayes from FWDs)

However that weakens my defensive line quite a bit.

What's better for me long-term?

Screech

have you got stevie j?

Screech

i wouldn't trade wines just yet he still has value, but if you think his time is up by all means trade him out

Screech

i am in a similar situation, however i am going grimes>vlastuin & hoff>stevie j. i still have 3 premos down back and gibbs to come in when he returns.

Alka

I did Hoff to Stevie J last week. Without Heppell I could do it, but then Grimes went down, I knew I couldn't get away that easy!

I'm planning to get Gibbs in R9 or 10, depending on other trades. That'll leave me with 5 premos going into byes.

The thing is, surely the time to jump on Daisy is now? Wines won't make any more cash.

Daisy should gain me say 20ppg over Wines. And Vlastuin should score about 70 per game.
On the other hand, Heppell would average about 95, and Vlastuin will gain me maybe 10 points ppg over Stevenson.
It's pretty even.

Alka

Quote from: Screech on May 07, 2013, 03:08:48 PM
i am in a similar situation, however i am going grimes>vlastuin & hoff>stevie j. i still have 3 premos down back and gibbs to come in when he returns.

The other thing is, you'll be playing 3 rookies this week, including 2 Port ones (I assume you field Vlastuin). After their shockers last week I'd like as few on field as possible!

Screech

yeah your right but vlastuin is one of the best rookies going around, cant miss out on him...not an option....pittard might be back although thats no consolation as he can spud it with the best of them too.

Screech

any other players you are considering trading apart from, obviously grimes and stevo/wines?

Alka

Grimes is obvious. Those two are my next two to go. Stevo has the lowest JS and not much cash being made now. Wines I want to cash in on while he's at his peak.

Moloney from my mids will be traded soon. Macaffer will also soon be upgraded. Heath, Pittard etc. all will go but those are further down the track (2 weeks+).

Dons29

I'd go Pittard to Vlastuin and Grimes to Hanley

Screech

heppell more than likely to play this week, stanton might be out. could be good for heppell's scoring potential. as much as you want to get on daisy, i would wait one more week. he could still be quite affordable next week.

Alka

That's true. I just ran the numbers and if he repeats last weeks performance he goes up about 20k. Still affordable.

powersuperkents

Heppell followed by Hanley.

My favourite out of the bunch. I've had Heppell from the start and he's been fantastic, I'm trading Grimes to Hanley this week and I can't wait to see how he goes on the weekend :)

nrich102

Pearce Hanley by miles

hardnut

Hanley is a fair price and is tearing it up. I have both Hep-D and Hanley and you can't go wrong with either really.
I personally think everyone needs to take a deep breath on Daisy and I'll pay a bit more for a sure thing. Not sure one game racking up loose ball should have everyone lining up just yet.