Need help where to go from here, hit a roadblock

Started by roti, May 07, 2013, 11:36:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roti

DEF: Goddard, Gibbs, Hartlett, Goodes, Pittard, Stevenson (Heath, Brown)

MID: Ablett, Swan, Pendlebury, Cotchin, Mundy, Wines, O'Meara, Vlastuin (Crouch, Kommer)

RUC: Jacobs, Leuenberger (Daw, Blicavs)

FWD: Cox, Rockliff, S.Johnson, Martin, Kennedy, Knights (Macaffer, Neade)

34k, 25 trades

Things i could do next two weeks:

Kennedy- Thomas
Mundy- Priddis

Neade- Rookie, Staker?
Knights- Franklin

Thats all well and good, but really i would like an upgrade in the backline, any ideas?

felsty

Thomas and Priddis are only being looked at because of their price, but you get what you pay for.

Daisy - one good game and can be shut down
Priddis - consistent but not as high ceiling as others in the mids

Personally I would downgrade Brown or Stevenson to Docherty if named and Blicavs to Hannath then use that money to upgrade the one of Brown or Stevenson you didn't downgrade to a Birchall or Hanley who will have dropped in price as well as a downgrade

The week after that I would jump on franklin for either Knights or Kennedy, coming down to costs

Dons29

Quote from: felsty on May 07, 2013, 04:28:54 PM
Thomas and Priddis are only being looked at because of their price, but you get what you pay for.

Daisy - one good game and can be shut down
Priddis - consistent but not as high ceiling as others in the mids

Personally I would downgrade Brown or Stevenson to Docherty if named and Blicavs to Hannath then use that money to upgrade the one of Brown or Stevenson you didn't downgrade to a Birchall or Hanley who will have dropped in price as well as a downgrade

The week after that I would jump on franklin for either Knights or Kennedy, coming down to costs
Youd have to go Kennedy out of those to, Knights still has cash

felsty

Then perhaps knights to NicNat once he is at a decent price!

roti

after a bit of thinking come up with this over next few weeks, injuries/teams allowing of course

stevenson>laird/docherty
knights>thomas

Neade>staker
kennedy>buddy

wines>priddis
heath> birchalll

which would give me going into round 10 with 19 trades remaining:

DEF: Goddard, Birchall, Gibbs, Hartlett, Goodes, Pittard (Brown, Laird)

MID: Ablett, Pendlebury, Swan, Cotchin, Mundy, Priddis, O'Meara, Crouch (Vlastuin, Kommer)

RUC: Jacobs, Leuenberger (Blicavs, Daw)

FWD: Cox, Franklin, Rockliff, Johnson, Thomas, Martin (Macaffer, Staker)

Thoughts?

tor01doc

I think Heath Shaw would be a great pick up for your team this week.

I'd even consider ousting Wines this week, moving Neade to mids, get rid of a Port def rook and get H Shaw and ? Staker / Aaron Black?

roti

DEF: Goddard, Gibbs, Hanley, Birchall, Hartlett, Vlastuin (Pittard, Thurlow)
MID: Ablett, Pendlebury, Watson, Swan, Cotchin, Priddis, Mundy, T.Mitchell (Hrovat, Martin)
RUC: Goldstein, Jacobs (Nicholls, Hannath)
FWD: Cox, Johnson, Franklin, Rockliff, Martin, Kennedy (Macaffer, Staker)
$200k 10 trades

Thinking im just gonna hold now, possibly swap vlastuin for hibberd if he starts to tire and maybe kennedy to walker, and then upgrade t.mitchell to JPK when hes maxed out near finals.

Pretty happy with the set up and happy with the rookies as well, thoughts?

Vinny

Looks very good mate ! Maybe Jacobs to Nic Nat and I'd also recommend upgrading Martin to JPK nearer to finals and keeping Tom Mitchell as bench cover as he is an absolute machine.

Good Luck Mate ! ;)

eaglesman

number one priority is upgrading jacobs imo ... i wouldnt worry about vlastuin trade too much compared to the upgrade of jacobs trade ... i have the exact same forward line except i have nic nat rather than kennedy

Ringo

Would consider Hannath to McBean for ruck flexibility and then Jacobs to Minson.

Will still leave you 8 trades and a very solid team. With one mid upgrade required and possibly Vlas and Kennedy if they slow. 

roti

thanks guys took on board your suggestion and made that trade, so now left with 9 trades

DEF: Goddard, Gibbs, Hanley, Birchall, Hartlett, Vlastuin (Thurlow, Pittard)
MID: Ablett, Pendlebury, Watson, Swan, Cotchin, Priddis, Mundy, T.Mitchell (Hrovat, Martin)
RUC: Goldstein, Minson (Nicholls, Hannath)
FWD: Franklin, Cox, Rockliff, S.Johnson, Martin, JJ.Kennedy (Macaffer, Staker)

roti

Few things changed, decided against going goodes to hanley, can have this team completed with 5 trades left, do you guys reckon its strong enough to get through?

DEF: Goddard, Gibbs, Hanley, Birchall, Hartlett, Goodes (Vlastuin, Thurlow)
MID: Ablett, Pendlebury, Watson, Swan, J.P.Kennedy, Cotchin, Priddis, Mundy (T.Mitchell, Hrovat)
RUC: Goldstein, Minson (Nicholls, McBean)
FWD: Cox, S.Johnson, Rockliff, Martin, Franklin, J.J.Kennedy (Staker, Daniher)

is this team with 5 trades good enough to get me through?

Ringo

Sound Team Roti.

Like the look of it. Just hope no injuries or suspensions But have solid bench cover, Not sure how to to do it but would try and get Vlas as M9/10 for added flelxibility.  Maybe a Hrovat trade in due course,

johnnytheboy1

That a fantastic side you have really traded well starting defence is nearly complete. I would Keep goodes for 1 more week as his B/E is only 59 and he should make more money for you this week . You will get Hanley Cheaper if you wait a week as his B/E is 159
So if Goodes Scores another 90 this week and say Hanley Scores 110 you  Hanley shall drop to $463,000 next week wheras goods will rise another $15000 to about $408,000 only need $more than 55,000 and you will do it in one trade but that is up to you.
I haven't been going well this year so take good advise from people like Ringo.

roti

thanks to the both of you, yes ringo if a m/d option pops up i think hrovat will go but i think t.mitchell will be very good cover if needed so not overly worried

johnny im actually keeping goodes as d6/7 and upgrading pittard in a few weeks when hanley has bottomed out