Rookie where you can???

Started by Ching_Blirrel, May 07, 2013, 03:45:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ching_Blirrel

Bit of a trade dilemma this week. I can rule one out as that is being used to replace Westhoff (what a dud knew it was to good to be true! feel ashamed for jumping on that bandwagon, lesson learnt!) and bringing in Daisy ofcourse.
Now the other I want to replace Blicavs with Hannath (Vardy returning, potentially Blicavs could sit on the bench as a downgrade later on.) Hannath is improving and has good JS for at least another 3-5 games.
But then I also want to bring in Wellingham (Yes! its only hes first game but ive been confident about him since he joined the club of averaging 95+)
Reason for bringing in Sharrod now is so i can have the opportunity to bring in Lonergan and Lamb next week. Both of whom i believe will play a lot of games ahead. Lonergan was playing as a tagger which worried me but managed 50 pts mainly from tackles. And Lamb has waited over 2 years for his chance cant see him taking a backward step now, didnt look out of place in his 1/4 of footy.
But its only monday, alot could unfold throughout the week, but would be nice to get some ideas now.

Ajax22

Cannot see Wellingham being worth it. Get Hannath

nas

Quote from: Ajax22 on May 07, 2013, 03:55:44 AM

Zac Clark due back soon so Hannath time could be limited

Bones Bombers

You are looking at jumping off one bandwagon and onto another. I know Daisy has been good in past seasons but he's only played one good game.
Don't see much value in trading Blicavs. Is your other bench ruck playing?
Hard to say who I think you should get without knowing who you already have, but Stevie J won't get any cheaper IMO.
Wellingham should do well in that midfield. Lots of opportunity.

Ching_Blirrel

Quote from: naste on May 07, 2013, 09:07:12 AM
Quote from: Ajax22 on May 07, 2013, 03:55:44 AM

Zac Clark due back soon so Hannath time could be limited

Very good point. I thought I would just take money when I can and grab the rookies when there available, or no???

Quote from: Bones Bombers on May 07, 2013, 09:14:47 AM
You are looking at jumping off one bandwagon and onto another. I know Daisy has been good in past seasons but he's only played one good game.
Don't see much value in trading Blicavs. Is your other bench ruck playing?
Hard to say who I think you should get without knowing who you already have, but Stevie J won't get any cheaper IMO.
Wellingham should do well in that midfield. Lots of opportunity.

My team is: Dreamteam United

Lol, I know what your saying BB, but it's Daisy and he's a forward and he's cheap! Stevie J is always going to be around the $550k-$610k, i usually bring him in later on, im not making a play for the major prize, im pretty sure i was out of that race after round 1. 
Rowe is my other ruck and well he could play this week with Waite out. So Blicavs dont bother? I wasnt really going to as im pretty sure he will get dumped for Vardy this week. 
What do you think about Lonergan and Lamb? You think its a good play to be going for both? It will be Dwyer and K.Stevens that will probably get the axe for them next week. Thats their form pending. 

Ricochet

Hannath should have pretty good JS with Silvagni likely to be dropped for Clarke before him

Bones Bombers

Blicavs price isn't much use is it? Played well against the tigers. Not many others to pick up. Hopefully Rowe plays as a ruck emg makes you feel safer.
Lonergan better play well enough to cement a spot cos we need him next week!
Not sure about Lamb staying in a strong Sydney side. Would be great if he can, just going to have to watch this week.

Ching_Blirrel

Ive got another option in the air. How about DP trade Vlastuin into my mids for viney and bring in Laird if hes playing? Vlastuin back to defense once Stevenson peaks for a premo mid later, like cotchin or watson.
Playing the predicted wooden spooner in my league so should get the W. But I need the cash, Laird should play if right? Straight in for Tambling who was very bad in that game, shame as he's a good mate of mine:(. Oh well probably see him playing for NT thunder next year?

Anyway cheers for the advice BB, keep them coming mate! Veteran advice much appreciated!  8)