Franklin

Started by Bluke, May 06, 2013, 08:59:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

powersuperkents

Originally had in my selection but in the end picked Zorko over him so I could up Jed Anderson to Wines. I originally didn't mind that much and was happy with Wines but pissed with Zorko. Zorko was then upgraded for $20k to the Hoff who I sideways after the WCE clash to Stevie J. Looking back not starting Buddy was one of the best decision of my season so far, if not the best :)

I don't know what you should do but your going to have him in your team no matter what so might as well hold onto him and he's a premium forward so price should only be the issue to those for don't have Buddy (like me) at least your not going to be like the rest of us stressing to find the cash to upgrade Dwyer to him when he bottoms out :) I honestly think you have him and trading him out will most likely only make the situation worse. Another alternative (risky though) is Charlie Dixon cost $374k and has a BE of 62, he plays Melbourne this week and like his 6 goal haul over GCS I think Dixon should score a 120+. You could risk downgrading Buddy to Dixon for this week and maybe the next and then sideways/downgrade him back in after Dixon has had the price rise. THIS IS VERY RISKY because if Dixon fails to meet his BE he'll also drop in price but it shouldn't be more than a slight trading hassle to bring Buddy back in. It's a risk but you'll most likely make $80k and some points from it

powersuperkents

Quote from: powersuperkents on May 07, 2013, 01:00:29 PM
Originally had in my selection but in the end picked Zorko over him so I could up Jed Anderson to Wines. I originally didn't mind that much and was happy with Wines but pissed with Zorko. Zorko was then upgraded for $20k to the Hoff who I sideways after the WCE clash to Stevie J. Looking back not starting Buddy was one of the best decision of my season so far, if not the best :)

I don't know what you should do but your going to have him in your team no matter what so might as well hold onto him and he's a premium forward so price should only be the issue to those for don't have Buddy (like me) at least your not going to be like the rest of us stressing to find the cash to upgrade Dwyer to him when he bottoms out :) I honestly think you have him and trading him out will most likely only make the situation worse. Another alternative (risky though) is Charlie Dixon cost $374k and has a BE of 62, he plays Melbourne this week and like his 6 goal haul over GCS I think Dixon should score a 120+. You could risk downgrading Buddy to Dixon for this week and maybe the next and then sideways/downgrade him back in after Dixon has had the price rise. THIS IS VERY RISKY because if Dixon fails to meet his BE he'll also drop in price but it shouldn't be more than a slight trading hassle to bring Buddy back in. It's a risk but you'll most likely make $80k and some points from it
Disregard this I just checked and found out Dixon is a pure defenders  :-\ You could still do the same though just look for a forward or maybe downgrade to Daisy?

rider

I didn't start with Buddy because of his price and the contract negotiations, expecting a cloke 2012. But then when he had 3 pretty good scores in a row and was equal to his BE I thought with the NM game and then the good draw coming up its now or never. Clearly should have stuck with my initial insticts. Oh well he's in my team now, and there are too many other fallen prems to focus on in the next 2-4 rounds to bother trying and get him out and back in again. He should still demolish the teams he gets to play in the upcoming easy run.

Alka

Quote from: Andrew on May 06, 2013, 11:56:54 PM
Quote from: Alka on May 06, 2013, 11:44:24 PM
He's had 3 good games and 3 off games. Surely with his run of GWS, GCS and Melb he's due to kick a few bags and score well?

Needs to get named for those games first... I can see him getting rested for one of them. Same goes for Hodge and Mitchell. Maybe one will miss per game?

I'm not so sure, they have the bye in round 11. Doesn't make much sense to rest the guys twice in such a short period.

Andrew

Quote from: Alka on May 07, 2013, 01:53:39 PM
He's had 3 good games and 3 off games. Surely with his run of GWS, GCS and Melb he's due to kick a few bags and score well?

Needs to get named for those games first... I can see him getting rested for one of them. Same goes for Hodge and Mitchell. Maybe one will miss per game?

I'm not so sure, they have the bye in round 11. Doesn't make much sense to rest the guys twice in such a short period.

Doesn't make much sense to risk playing them when you're guaranteed the win anyway. But say Buddy has round 9 off, plays round 10, then bye round 11, he will be super fresh come round 12. Or two weeks off on the trot to get his mind off his contract could be a masterstroke as well. Speculation aside, history suggests it's going to happen.

Alka

Quote from: Andrew on May 07, 2013, 02:11:00 PM
Quote from: Alka on May 07, 2013, 01:53:39 PM

Doesn't make much sense to risk playing them when you're guaranteed the win anyway. But say Buddy has round 9 off, plays round 10, then bye round 11, he will be super fresh come round 12. Or two weeks off on the trot to get his mind off his contract could be a masterstroke as well. Speculation aside, history suggests it's going to happen.

On the other hand with his recent poor form, they might want to play him into form with a few easy games? Plus surely he wants to shoot for the Coleman :P Too bad we'll never know for sure, makes trading him in all the more risky!

dtfreak

Keep! surely you have more issues in your team, and plays GC/MELB/GWS in the next month  ::)

powersuperkents

Don't drop him. You dropping Franklin would be the same as me dropping Watson & Cotchin. Instead why don't you cut your loses and chase other fallen premo's instead. I'm chasing Birchall and Franklin and you should be chasing Watson and Cotchin (if you already have both of them, bad luck mate  :-[)

tbagrocks

Still got some guy from Adelaide, won't be Buddy, was thinking SJ but

Daisy so tempting

I smell a Cloke 2012 for the out of contract Budster!

ronl

I agree, tbag, and the smell is getting worse by the week.

flankerman

i need a ruckman that is not to expensive and that will be able to get points any ideas