The Kane Cornes Question....?

Started by hardnut, May 06, 2013, 04:34:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hardnut

I'm one of the 4% of coaches with Kane Cornes and I'm not sure what to do with him. The guy is ranked #1 in the comp and carries a price tag of $574,700 and is yet to go under 100 points this year.

All this would suggest he's a no brainer to hold but he also has a BE 146 and the scores made during Ports sweet early run are behind him so I'd say he's now top dollar. Soooo, do I view him as the stepping stone he was intended or decide he's a sure thing for top 10 mids and hold....

I guess the real question is: Is K.Cornes a top 10 mid?

its me lads

Man that's tough. Port's easy run is over and if they do start playing badly i'd expect him to be the one that consistently scores well. Has no impact on the game at all and gets cheap kicks. Can't kick over 30 metres and has no wow factor, just accumulates numbers, I guess he always hits targets but once again, thats because he can't kick further than 30m.

I guess you can see i'm not a fan of him but he could well be a top 10 mid. Never gets tagged, sometimes tags but still scores well. Trading him out now would be a bit of a novelty. Surely there are other areas that need fixing first.

turry17

No reason he can't keep it up. Hold him I reckon. Won't go down a lot

hardnut

yep I'm sensing he's not on your xmas card list... ;)

It is a tough one and the reason I'm curious is I have neither of Swan and Ablett as I'm playing the stepping stone game, however now I'm in a posiition  to pounce on the rise of Cornes and fall of Swan I'm feeling trigger shy. I do however want a set and forget captain after the Jobe disaster this week

turry17

Quote from: hardnut on May 06, 2013, 04:42:55 PM
yep I'm sensing he's not on your xmas card list... ;)

It is a tough one and the reason I'm curious is I have neither of Swan and Ablett as I'm playing the stepping stone game, however now I'm in a posiition  to pounce on the rise of Cornes and fall of Swan I'm feeling trigger shy. I do however want a set and forget captain after the Jobe disaster this week
Is there someone else you can upgrade swan for? Like a Wines or Moloney type priced player

Windigo

Keep him until he gives you a reason to oust him surely...

hardnut

I do have Wines so he's an option but I'm keen on upgrading through forwards Dwyer>Lecras and don't have the cash to double up that much. Maybe I hold Kane and don't worry about price drop, he's certainly ultra-durable a point I'd forgotten

turry17

Yeah definelty no reason to get rid of him

glynman

Quote from: hardnut on May 06, 2013, 04:49:15 PM
I do have Wines so he's an option but I'm keen on upgrading through forwards Dwyer>Lecras and don't have the cash to double up that much. Maybe I hold Kane and don't worry about price drop, he's certainly ultra-durable a point I'd forgotten

Forget about the price drop. You don't lose anything until you actually trade him out so even if he loses 30-40k over the next few week and average 100-110, why would you care?

hardnut

thanks all the voices of reason have given me  a zen-like clarity and calmness  8)

I'll hold Kane and treat him like the keeper he is. The question now is am I brave enough to give him the armband his average demands!  :o

its me lads

Quote from: hardnut on May 06, 2013, 04:57:09 PM

I'll hold Kane and treat him like the keeper he is. The question now is am I brave enough to give him the armband his average demands!  :o

That's where Swan and Ablett come in handy haha  :P

Bluke

I'm holding him, no reason to trade him as far as I'm concerned. Although i could see why you might be anxious to get a perma-lock captain in.

Bringing in Swan/Ablett for Wines is a better move than LeCras. LeCras is a 90 avg at the most, Swan/Ablett will net you 110x2 every week.

Wines has topped out and other than O'meara I dont see another rookie making as much money as Wines has. 

Andrew

Quote from: Windigo on May 06, 2013, 04:47:11 PM
Keep him until he gives you a reason to oust him surely...

+1, you can't go trading out blokes who just scored 108..!

Adamant

You'd be very brave to trade out the #1 averaging player in DT! I know the Hoff had a crazy run early, but the difference is Cornes is a proven DT jet.

Obviously won't maintain this ridiculous average, but definitely don't think it's beyond him to end up around the 100-105 range.

Decent question to ask, but I'd hold onto Cornesy! :)

Zombie2.5

Just ask yourself, if you have the highest averaging player in the comp, would you trade?
It's like saying I'm going to trade Swan because his BE is 150.

Hold for now, surely you have other worries?
Even if he isn't top ten, surely won't be bad for M8 even?

I still reckon Cornes will score well in losses, he's still top scoring for Port, and even if they get smashed, he should still do alright.
See how he goes, if he gets injured or does a Westhoff ::) then you might want to trade.