Ryan Lester??

Started by Elcapitano, May 05, 2013, 03:31:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elcapitano

Ryan Lester, Whats everyones thoughts of this guy??
20yrs old, $327,200
Gets one game scores 111 then dropped, playing today and is on 97 at 3qtr time...
Can he average 90+ over the year? What's his JS like?
I Haven't seen him play so i can't comment..

HotTiges

no idea but not worth it.. in and out too much. maybe if he was under 200k?

Vicious Sandwhich Attack

Don't touch him.

He's a defender... he will suck you in, spit you out and then put you through a mincer just to be sure!  :D

strikes91

he's not a running back. locks down most of the time. he was best on for lions today so he'll be dropped for next week

Locinator

Ringo

Lester had an injury preseason which delayed his start a little.

He will be a lock down defender but as with the Lions younger defenders JS may be an issue. Voss has shown he is willing to rotate defenders eg Docherty this week.

Maguire is due back in a couple of weeks but may struggle to get back in.   Suspect Yeo, Crisp, Docherty, Lester, Harwood, Golby and Karnezis will be competing for 2 back spots.  Staker is also to return but will probably play forward.

Elcapitano

Yea not many seem to have good JS in that Lions side!
im thinking if he gets named next week he could be a good
POD to make a quick $$.
I know he's at that awkward price but with only a handful of defenders
looking the goods it could be worth a gamble!

Nyn

Has never averaged more than 60 in previous years (albeit with limited gametime)

Spuds11

Would be a decent cash cow but worry about his job security and their are more important fish to get in this week Thomas gray maybe priddis depending on his be

poolboybob

Quote from: Spuds11 on May 05, 2013, 09:47:31 PM
Would be a decent cash cow but worry about his job security and their are more important fish to get in this week Thomas gray maybe priddis depending on his be

Priddis BE is still really high... next week you'll be able to get him in for around $450k.

Don't really understand what Brisbane is doing. Lester plays a good game and gets dropped for 3 weeks. Doherty plays a good game, demoted to sub, then dropped. I understand wanting to manage your young players for the long season, but I'd think you'd want to reward good play by giving them a few weeks to play at the senior level.

Sabretooth Tigers

???
He's played two games this season for an ave of 120.5
is priced at $327,200 with a projected rise of $55,700
had a look at his scores previous  to this season, a couple of 90s then pretty ordinary results
I know absolutely nothing about this player, can anyone help out please ??
My current defence is  Goddard, Gibbs, Shaw H, Hartlett, Taylor H, Goodes, Pittard and Heath
just wondering if he should be brought in or whether I should sit pretty, thinking long term
??? ;D ;)

juzztheball

Quote from: Sabretooth Tigers on May 06, 2013, 02:53:17 PM
???
He's played two games this season for an ave of 120.5
is priced at $327,200 with a projected rise of $55,700
had a look at his scores previous  to this season, a couple of 90s then pretty ordinary results
I know absolutely nothing about this player, can anyone help out please ??
My current defence is  Goddard, Gibbs, Shaw H, Hartlett, Taylor H, Goodes, Pittard and Heath
just wondering if he should be brought in or whether I should sit pretty, thinking long term
??? ;D ;)

I think you answered your own question. No ;)

I remember last year everyone getting sucked into Christian Howard, who began his season with 2 100+'s, priced at that awkward 270kish price. He repaid those who went with him that week with a 22.

kilbluff1985