Robbie gray

Started by starz, May 05, 2013, 09:02:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

starz

Didnt see the game yesterday but saw he had a decent game having 20 disposals. Just wondering for those who watched what position he was playing. Was he playing as a stay at home small forward or was he getting up into the midfield. Cheers

fran

mainly forward. had a couple of stints in the midfield and wing

ttste1

Worth a look at $270k?

What do you think this guy will average this year?

Ricochet

Yes definitely worth the 270k. I think he could easily go 85+

ttste1

I'm still stuck with the hoff... Do you have him?

Can't justify paying an extra $80k to Steve J, was thinking Daisy? Thoughts?

Otherwise I got hoff to gray, and then can do double premium upgrade next week... I keep getting burnt by mid-pricers though..

Ricochet

Yeh I'm tossing up between Hoff to Daisy or Hoff to Robbie Gray.
Thomas is your safest option. The only thing to be wary of with him is that Ross Lyon loves him and will target him so he could have a tough game this week.

ttste1

What's your forward line?

I'm concerned that he won't be able to run free around the backline like he did last weekend... Could be good for Heath Shaw if he says down there... One of them is sure to cop a tag.

Mitch Robinson? It hurts me to broach this subject!

Andrew

Quote from: Ricochet on May 07, 2013, 10:09:20 AM

Easily go 85+? He never has gone 85+ average..? Best was in 2011 where he averaged 81.8

As much as I would love a cheap mid-priced option at this stage, got to go with premos. Even with 2 trades a week, there's too much carnage to be able to execute your plan with mid-priced players I think...

starz

Surprised you don't want to go Stevie j and you have actually changed my opinion of getting Stevie now. I sort of considered him a must have and was going to trade Zorko to get him but now I'm thinking Thomas or gray might be the one. However Stevie j's run coming up is awesome and I'm not sure about daisy in the backline. He could potentially start pulling out numbers similar to sides last year but at the same time he could also produce something along the lines of a Heath shaw where he gets tagged or just isn't consistent. However I don't see bucks using him in the backs every week so I think he is a good pick and has potential to be top six forwards from here in

Ching_Blirrel

Quote from: Andrew on May 07, 2013, 02:08:50 PM

Easily go 85+? He never has gone 85+ average..? Best was in 2011 where he averaged 81.8

As much as I would love a cheap mid-priced option at this stage, got to go with premos. Even with 2 trades a week, there's too much carnage to be able to execute your plan with mid-priced players I think...

Averaged 95 in his last 5 games of that season, where he only starting playing through the midfield halfway through that year predominately with a spell in the FWD pocket, playing about 70%/30% mid/fwd ratio, where its vice versa atm but as he builds confidence with that new number and kneee i think robbie gray may be a DT gun! He will avg 85 odd i reckon with the potential cash increase from his more than capable ability to kick bags. Hes good for 20 odd touches but its the tackles where he scores. I dont think you can go wrong downgrading hoff to gray. 

Andrew

Quote from: Ching_Blirrel on May 07, 2013, 03:30:44 PM
Averaged 95 in his last 5 games of that season, where he only starting playing through the midfield halfway through that year predominately with a spell in the FWD pocket, playing about 70%/30% mid/fwd ratio, where its vice versa atm but as he builds confidence with that new number and kneee i think robbie gray may be a DT gun! He will avg 85 odd i reckon with the potential cash increase from his more than capable ability to kick bags. Hes good for 20 odd touches but its the tackles where he scores. I dont think you can go wrong downgrading hoff to gray.

Gave you a first Cheer for the insight :) The big question is, will he regain the fitness levels this year to get midfield time? Is there even a place in the midfield for him now Hartlett, Wingard, and Wines go through there? And Ebert wasn't even at the club in 2011 when Gray had that breakout year.

I worry that he could be a 70-80 prospect this year, with next year being an 85+ average when he has full fitness back.

If you don't have Stevie J like me, he's a must this week surely??

Ricochet

Quote from: Andrew on May 07, 2013, 02:08:50 PM

He has sooo much talent and hasn't played much midfield in the past. Expecting big things from him from now onwards

HBTD22

Honestly, I think its better to go for a rookie. I don't like those awkwardly priced mid pricers. Could be worth the risk though if he jumps up 100-150k price if he averages well.

ronl

Like the change of coach and change of attitude down at Port this year.  I think Robbie will be given opportunities in the middle eventually if he can stay healthy...which is always the BIG question with him.

DT Gun

everyones gonna sook when bartel and stevie J get rested in the next few weeks