Main Menu

Free Kicks for the Kangaroos

Started by powersuperkents, May 04, 2013, 05:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

powersuperkents

Did anyone see that bullshower game? 38 free kicks awarded to the kangas and biased ref. If it was at any other stadium Port would have smashed them.

Wes Mantooth

Quote from: powersuperkents on May 04, 2013, 05:00:13 PM
Did anyone see that bullshower game? 38 free kicks awarded to the kangas and biased ref. If it was at any other stadium Port would have smashed them.

Your maturity leaves a lot to be desired mate.

a. using fag as a derogatory term is uncalled for.
b. its not the roos fault the umps were bad.
c. it was 35 frees to 15.

Yes, it was poor umpiring but you've gone about complaining the wrong way.

Bill Manspeaker

can't really blame the Roos for the umpiring.

also they played finals last year, had the hardest start to the year and mostly lost by small margins. wouldn't say they are a shower side :P

Wes Mantooth

Ahh... I see you've edited your post after considering what you had written during a rush of blood to the head?

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Wes Mantooth on May 04, 2013, 05:19:43 PM
Ahh... I see you've edited your post after considering what you had written during a rush of blood to the head?
I editted it for obvious reasons :P.

Wes Mantooth

Quote from: Wes Mantooth on May 04, 2013, 05:19:43 PM

Thanks HP. Keeping the forum premium ;)

Ziplock

maybe port just needed to be better and not keep fouling :P

nah, I didnt see the game, but that is a pretty big discrepancy.

roo boys!

Due to lack of Foxtel I was relying on the radio, so can't really comment on any of the frees without seeing them. But I did think a number of crucial moments when the pressure was on the Roos there was a big release of pressure by free kicks given away by Port players. The commentators were saying that a number were ill disciplined Port players tackling high/getting into the back etc.

powersuperkents

I'm sorry everyone for any offense caused. I was just really enraged by the result of the match and this post was too extreme lengths and I wouldn't have even posted it in the first place if I'd logged on 10 or so minutes later. I was just very disappointed to see my side lose and I didn't think they played to be worthy of a 10 point loss. The umpire was the main thing that led to me being angered.

I also apologise to any who was offended by my use to a certain word in this post. It wasn't intended or targeted at any particular demographic and I don't associate that word with any particular demographic and believe the definition should be changed to further clarify in the future because using the term in that way should no longer be accepted.

Nevertheless the point that I still used it is inexcusable especially to the fact that it was posted online where any writing can have a hundred different interpretations for a hundred different people. I am sorry for using such an unacceptable word and I don't expect forgiveness from anyone who was truly offended by my actions because honestly I don't think I deserve it. I openly and completely admit that I was angered and enraged by the game and I went around the completely wrong way of expressing it. I should have just mentioned the 38 'bias' free kicks in a comment instead of writing a topic which many people could've been drawn into.

PowerBug

Last week we wouldn't have won if it wasn't for the lucky umpiring in the 2nd half. We needed the same thing by the looks of things today :(

But hey, look at the bright side, we lost by 10 points to a side which pushed Hawthorn, Colllingwood and Geelong all the way. Port are the real deal this season.
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

roo boys!

Quote from: PowerBug on May 04, 2013, 05:40:50 PM
Last week we wouldn't have won if it wasn't for the lucky umpiring in the 2nd half. We needed the same thing by the looks of things today :(

But hey, look at the bright side, we lost by 10 points to a side which pushed Hawthorn, Colllingwood and Geelong all the way. Port are the real deal this season.
I was really impressed by Port, a number of times fighting back when it looked like we'd run away with it.

I was a doubter before today but even though you lost I agree that Port may well be the real deal. Still a lot of competition for spots in the bottom half of the 8 though.

Wes Mantooth

Quote from: roo boys! on May 04, 2013, 05:34:42 PM
Due to lack of Foxtel I was relying on the radio, so can't really comment on any of the frees without seeing them. But I did think a number of crucial moments when the pressure was on the Roos there was a big release of pressure by free kicks given away by Port players. The commentators were saying that a number were ill disciplined Port players tackling high/getting into the back etc.

RB - definitely some were there, but the holding the ball decision was given in North's favour a number of times and Port had no prior and crucial momentum points too. Port weren't ill disciplined to the point of 20 free kicks, I saw the entire game, and sure you can say I might be biased but I can assure you there were a lot of bad calls and Port should ask for a please explain from the AFL. I guess we all know how that'll turn out...

elephants

Port fans shouldn't complain. You'll get the rub of the green sooner or later ;)

PowerBug

Quote from: elephants on May 04, 2013, 06:32:31 PM
Port fans shouldn't complain. You'll get the rub of the green sooner or later ;)
You can't say that, coz you support West Coast. You always get favoured by umps.
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

elephants

Quote from: PowerBug on May 04, 2013, 06:45:29 PM
Quote from: elephants on May 04, 2013, 06:32:31 PM
You can't say that, coz you support West Coast. You always get favoured by umps.

I expect better from you PB, really. I have had this argument with trolls on FF more times than I care to count so I'm not even going to bother.

But if you want some evidence that proves you wrong then here you are. Before this round, Port were second on the ladder for frees for. West Coast are 13th.

I don't want to have to do this, but this is your last warning unless you plan on being devoured.