Trent McKenzie

Started by smoothM24, May 03, 2013, 06:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smoothM24

Peoples thoughts on Trent. I no it is way way premature but with all the backline carnage i need a cheap back option do bring in this week as i am short on dollars. 112 in his first week and 3rd year breakout. I no its clutching at straws but i am desperate here. Thoughts ??

fertalong

How much cash do you have?
Dixon or Hibberd are probably better options if you can afford them

smoothM24

Quote from: fertalong on May 03, 2013, 06:34:31 PM

I can get Dixon but not hibberd. Dixon is an option but for some reason i am not sold on him. He has been kicking bags to get his good numbers. Also convincing myself on Mckenzie because of the fact he plays melbourne next week and if he scores half decent this week should see a nice little price rise

fertalong

Quote from: smoothM24 on May 03, 2013, 06:38:46 PM
Quote from: fertalong on May 03, 2013, 06:34:31 PM

I can get Dixon but not hibberd. Dixon is an option but for some reason i am not sold on him. He has been kicking bags to get his good numbers. Also convincing myself on Mckenzie because of the fact he plays melbourne next week and if he scores half decent this week should see a nice little price rise

Dixon scored well the first couple of weeks before he got injured and didnt kick bags in those games. You also said they played melb which means he's likely to kick another bag!
Either way i think they are both pretty risky, I am just saying Dixon is less risk.

Screech

dixon 50 and injured. mckenzie 80.

mckenzie has melbourne then the western bulldogs. im sure the cannon will be firing off a few shots in that time. i am seriously considering him, in order to use every last dollar i have, leaving nothing siting in the bank...

Ricochet

Mckenzie v Ibbotson  :o

Screech

ibbotson has collingwood then sydney...tough! mckenzie has melbourne then the western bulldogs

Ajax22

I reckon he's worth the risk for a few weeks at least. As for Dixon it feels like Smith has started to take more of the ruck work than he did the first couple of weeks when Dixon went big. At the price range your looking at I think McKenzies worth the shot

Screech

have to trade out grimes and keep gibbs(who might not play this week apparantly) therefore mckenzie will be suited to bolster up def stocks. rookies these days don't excite me at all...for a few weeks may as well get one of these breakout contenders and any hint of spudding it, move them on....

smoothM24

I ended up bringing in Mckenzie and am very happy with the 80 he produced. Melbourne and Bulldogs coming up could produce some more 80+ scores which is what you want from a defender. they look to switch it to him alot and hit him up around half back after watching the Freo game. good for scores

Screech

he is my main candidate at this stage, because has the potential as show in round 1 to go 110+

Screech

mckenzie or vlastuin?

Toga

Quote from: Screech on May 08, 2013, 10:50:57 AM
mckenzie or vlastuin?

What do you want him for?

Cash cow? Vlastuin

Keeper? McKenzie, although not sure he will be.

Screech

not sure if need more cash cows, i guess i do. mckenzie will be a keeper until someone else comes along. my team:

goddard, harbrow, shaw, grimes, heath, stevenson(gibbs, pttard)
swan, ablett, pendles, danger, wines, molnes, omeara, mayes(goodes, evans)
cox, luey(gawn, daw)
rocky, hoff, martin, bartel, kennedy, macaffer(neade, rowe)

cash left=$23,000
team value: $11.1M

hoff>stevie j & grimes>mckeanize ($3500 cash left)
"     >  "       & grimes>valstuin ($220,000 CASH LEFT)

Screech

i guess i will go for the cash and vlas