Richmond Contracts/Trading/Drafting and Pre-Season Discussion Thread!

Started by Toga, May 01, 2013, 03:02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toga

Quote from: NigeyS on March 09, 2014, 10:29:39 PM
Quote from: quinny88 on March 09, 2014, 10:25:39 PM
What does it take for an injury to be classified as a LTI? Maric is going to miss up to 2 months of footy
Fairly sure 8 weeks (the equivalent to 2 months) is an LTI iirc.

It was listed as 6-8 weeks from the time of surgery which was last week now so take into account the two weeks before the season starts he might be back within a month or so of games, the club will want him back as soon as he is ready so won't want to risk having him sit on the LTI when he's available.

Stoked for McDonough, I rate the kid really highly! Can't wait to see what he can do 8)

LF

Patrick Keane ‏@AFL_PKeane  32m
AFL has approved the upgrade of Orren Stephenson & Matt Thomas to the Richmond senior list as the club's nominated rookies, under TPP rules.
Expand

Nige

So there it is, Orren and Tank.

Miles probably a bit stiff to miss out, but I'm sure he'll get his chance.

Bully

Not over the moon by Stephenson's elevation but the logic is sound. Miles time will come though, I'd even have him over an above Thomas who's yet to convince me he can improve upon his 5 kick, 10 hand pass games. A late bloomer perhaps, I just hope it's not another Lonergan scenario.

Nige

Personally, I'm a lot more convinced by Tank than I was by Lonergan, I think Tank actually has something to offer.

I think he'll be a better investment. Similar to how Houli, Grigg and Maric (perhaps not as long though).

Jroo

Haha, this is awesome by Matt Thomas.  :P

Quote"I dare say, there would be more (Richmond) supporters at training than what we got at Port games".

Check out the video here.

elephants

Rusty00

Quote from: JROO8 on March 12, 2014, 01:03:02 PM
Haha, this is awesome by Matt Thomas.  :P

Quote"I dare say, there would be more (Richmond) supporters at training than what we got at Port games".

Check out the video here.
Not that he would know seeing that he barely played in any of those Port games :P

Toga

Haha classic ;D

He spoke really well actually, hoping he can bring something to the table for us!

Toga

Anyone know where Nathan Gordon is at atm? I was really looking forwards to seeing him play but haven't heard much on him over the offseason.

Nige

Quote from: Toga on March 12, 2014, 08:24:05 PM
Anyone know where Nathan Gordon is at atm? I was really looking forwards to seeing him play but haven't heard much on him over the offseason.
Yeah, not much on him hey.

Didn't even get games in pre-season, found that a bid odd.

I guess others are just outperforming him in training and stuff.

Toga

Yeah sounds like it :( Pretty sure he played in the practise match on Friday though?

I liked the look of him for the Roosters last year so was hoping he might be able to show something early.

nickstiges

He was green vested in the Bombers match at Punt Road, played ok, but pretty surprising that he wasn't played more. Genuinely thought he could have played in Round 1, but I guess that's not the case anymore.