Richmond Contracts/Trading/Drafting and Pre-Season Discussion Thread!

Started by Toga, May 01, 2013, 03:02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toga

The boys are back on the track for 2014!

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2014-01-06/tigers-hit-the-track-in-2014

I think I heard Ellis won the time trial yesterday which is good news - he's ready to go huge this year IMO.

quinny88

Yeah few people predicting a drop off from Ellis but he's my smokey to win the b&f. I reckon he's in for a huge year

Nige

McJesus is looking good, so is Arnot.  8)

The third of my boys - Beatle has been impressing too. I can't wait!  ;D

Jroo

Ellis has been training the house down this preseason, which is great to hear. I remember he was training with Cotch and Vlas earlier in the preseaso, so hopefully he can learn a thing or two.
I also heard that Chocco was in charge of Ben Griffiths this year, so hopefully he can get the best out of him, as there's no doub the has talent.

quinny88

Beatle looks really sharp, and he has put on some size. Can see him playing round 1.

Mcbean still looks so bloody lanky haha. I can't wait for him though, he's gonna be a superstar.

That's good to hear about griffiths, he could be anything. So glad we hung onto chocco

Jroo

Quote from: quinny88 on January 07, 2014, 01:17:23 PM
Beatle looks really sharp, and he has put on some size. Can see him playing round 1.

Mcbean still looks so bloody lanky haha. I can't wait for him though, he's gonna be a superstar.

That's good to hear about griffiths, he could be anything. So glad we hung onto chocco
Haha don't worry, McBean will be worth the wait  ;)
Hopefully Chocco sticks around a little longer. He's been great for the youngsters so far.

Toga

Interesting you reckon Beatle will play round 1! Not saying I'm surprised, just haven't heard much  about how he's been training, would be great to get some early games into him! :)

Nige

I'm really excited about Choco working with Griffo.

I've been a big fan since day one and reckon he's got it in him to be a quality player. He'll find his place, whether it be down back or in attack, I'm sure of it.  :D

quinny88

Quote from: Toga on January 07, 2014, 01:30:27 PM
Interesting you reckon Beatle will play round 1! Not saying I'm surprised, just haven't heard much  about how he's been training, would be great to get some early games into him! :)

He just looks like part of the group. I keep hearing about how he's already one of the better kicks at the club, I had a couple of mates go and watch them train pre Christmas and they said he looks like a senior player. Just think he might be good chance although it's a tough side to break into at this point which is nice

Toga

Other thing was looking at the club's photos on FB, Jack looks much leaner than he has in recent seasons... Different role this season? ???

Also what the hell is Helbig's tat?! :o

quinny88

Quote from: Toga on January 07, 2014, 02:16:55 PM
Other thing was looking at the club's photos on FB, Jack looks much leaner than he has in recent seasons... Different role this season? ???

Hardwick has said that Riewoldt will play a more traditional center half forward role this season. They want his creativity and good disposal used to delver inside 50. I think him getting leaner is just the way the game is now days. Gotta be able to run all day

Jroo

Quote from: Toga on January 07, 2014, 02:16:55 PM

Yeah, Jroo is looking real sharp. Looks to have slimmed down a bit.

As Quinny said, Dimma has said that his role will change.
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2013-10-09/riewoldt-to-change-roles-in-2014-hardwick

TheAnt

Kellogscrunchynut