Richmond Contracts/Trading/Drafting and Pre-Season Discussion Thread!

Started by Toga, May 01, 2013, 03:02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickstiges

Pretty stoked that Lennon fell to us, was cheering when Collingwood said Freeman and again when WCE went with Sheed as expected.

Richmond ‏@Richmond_FC 15h
"@BrettDeledio03: My boy @LennonBen at @Richmond_FC . That rapt. #undermywing #gotiges" looks like Ben's already made an impression!

Lids' love child already.

Nige

Yeah, seen that.

Lids and Beetle are gonna be peas in a pod by the looks of it.

Master and apprentice?  :o

kilbluff1985

Jroo

kilbluff1985

yeah i guess i just mean is if his form warrants it will he get games easy enough

specky92

Looking at Richmond's history with first rounders, I'd say he'd get games but might be vested a fair bit like Ellis

Kellogscrunchynut

This time last year I thought Vlastuin would only play 10 or so games so you never know.

Nige

I'm actually gonna say yes, but it will only be about 10 and probably no more. He'd play that third tall/half forward role I'd say and then there is a chance of him being sub too.

Jroo

Quote from: NigeyS on November 22, 2013, 02:21:43 PM
I'm actually gonna say yes, but it will only be about 10 and probably no more. He'd play that third tall/half forward role I'd say and then there is a chance of him being sub too.
Yep, Azza, McBean, Hampson will also be looking to play as the third tall. Could be used as the sub or HFF or HBF

Nige

Quote from: JROO8 on November 22, 2013, 02:23:08 PM
Yep, Azza, McBean, Hampson will also be looking to play as the third tall. Could be used as the sub or HFF or HBF
The thing about Hammer is that I think we'll see him play more ruck than as a third tall. Carlton tried that, it didn't really work and it's a proven fact that he functions better doing the tap work.

Azza is only on a one year contract and is already 29 (will be 30 in March). So, this could be his last season... if not, second last.

Really only leaves McJesus to keep Lennon from getting regular games as the third tall.

Kellogscrunchynut

I thought he was more of a chance to play as a forward rotating through the midfield rather than a target up front.

Jroo

Quote from: NigeyS on November 22, 2013, 02:28:54 PM
Quote from: JROO8 on November 22, 2013, 02:23:08 PM
The thing about Hammer is that I think we'll see him play more ruck than as a third tall. Carlton tried that, it didn't really work and it's a proven fact that he functions better doing the tap work.

Azza is only on a one year contract and is already 29 (will be 30 in March). So, this could be his last season... if not, second last.

Really only leaves McJesus to keep Lennon from getting regular games as the third tall.
Well Maric and Hampson can't play in the ruck at the same time, so I meant one of them will have to play up forward.

Nige

Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on November 22, 2013, 02:29:29 PM
I thought he was more of a chance to play as a forward rotating through the midfield rather than a target up front.
Bit of both probably.

Very good kick for goal though, so who knows?

Quote from: JROO8 on November 22, 2013, 02:35:11 PM
Well Maric and Hampson can't play in the ruck at the same time, so I meant one of them will have to play up forward.
Yeah, I know haha. Might be interesting though considering the interchange cap.

nickstiges

Think he'd play more HFF with some run through the midfield. Would be behind Knights, same height but heavier than Lennon, I think he's heavily underrated and played pretty well before that horrible knee cap injury (not sure if he'll be ready for Rd1 though).
In terms of games next year, I agree about 10 would seem likely.

What are thoughts on Gordon & Lloyd getting games?
Don't know much about either, could they push The Push Up King out of the line up?

Kellogscrunchynut

They will start in the VFL and help the new stand alone side, both have the potential to strengthen our depth and will press for games.