Richmond Contracts/Trading/Drafting and Pre-Season Discussion Thread!

Started by Toga, May 01, 2013, 03:02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: Ricochet on November 16, 2013, 01:52:11 PM
Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on November 16, 2013, 01:12:10 PM
Quote from: elephants on November 16, 2013, 01:07:30 PM
Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on November 16, 2013, 12:55:54 PM
Quote from: elephants on November 16, 2013, 12:54:49 PM
Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on November 16, 2013, 12:49:24 PM
It can happen to ruckmen, but not midfielders

A midfielder with apparent stress-related running issues? I'd argue it could. Didn't one Joel Selwood have knee concerns leading up to his draft and thus slipped back a touch to 7?

And look what happened there :P

He slid, so midfielders can slide? haha

But him sliding was a complete mistake :P so teams won't likely do it again  ;)
Grundy sliding was also a mistake  ;)

As big a mistake as Selwood is yet to be seen though :P

TheAnt

A midfielder with apparent stress-related running issues? I'd argue it could. Didn't one Joel Selwood have knee concerns leading up to his draft and thus slipped back a touch to 7?

Just because some injury prone players slid and turned out to be a bargain doesn't mean they all will, there are just as good arguments for this on the other side of things.

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: TheAnt on November 16, 2013, 07:03:28 PM

Just because some injury prone players slid and turned out to be a bargain doesn't mean they all will, there are just as good arguments for this on the other side of things.

You're vastly generalising the term injury prone but sure you're welcome to think whatever and dream that he'll get to your pick

TheAnt

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on November 16, 2013, 07:08:56 PM
Quote from: TheAnt on November 16, 2013, 07:03:28 PM

You're vastly generalising the term injury prone but sure you're welcome to think whatever and dream that he'll get to your pick
In my opinion Scharenberg should be a top 3 selection, i'm not talking about him specifically.

Toga

Was bored so scrolled through some of the BigFooty Richmond discussion boards, a lot of talk on there about Zak Jones should be one to consider for our first selection... I find this interesting but surely #12 is a bit high from him? Personally would probably prefer a top 10 slider or an Acres or something..

Nige

It might be a tad high for him considering the talent, but he does fit the mold of previous picks and what we're looking for... he's very much like Vlas.

TheAnt

Quote from: Toga on November 17, 2013, 04:39:30 PM
Was bored so scrolled through some of the BigFooty Richmond discussion boards, a lot of talk on there about Zak Jones should be one to consider for our first selection... I find this interesting but surely #12 is a bit high from him? Personally would probably prefer a top 10 slider or an Acres or something..
It isn't one we should look at it's one we're already looking at very intently.

Toga

You think Zak Jones is being strongly considered by the Tiges atm ant?

It's just the first I've heard of us being interested!

Nige

Quote from: Toga on November 17, 2013, 07:02:25 PM
You think Zak Jones is being strongly considered by the Tiges atm ant?

It's just the first I've heard of us being interested!
His name has popped up, but I think we'd prefer Lennon/Salem... even Blacres ahead on him.

Kellogscrunchynut

I reckon we'll get Salem, would like Matt Crouch but it seems like he is slipping down the order each day.

TheAnt

Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on November 17, 2013, 10:57:45 PM
I reckon we'll get Salem, would like Matt Crouch but it seems like he is slipping down the order each day.
Crouch we wouldn't get unless we've changed our philosophy on drafting players with decent ball use.

Chelskiman

Well we did end up with Lennon.  We also just picked up Nathan Gordon with pick 50.

Jroo

Rapt with Lennon  :D
Happy with Gordon, just realised he's the former Sydeny player, he wasn't too bad  :D
Lloyd should be okay too as forward depth.

Chelskiman

Gordan and Lloyd are clearly there for depth.  Both are mid/forwards too, so they could be useful if they get their chance. 

Toga

Woooohoooo Lennon! :D

Stoked we got him 8) Gordon has been great for the Roosters in the SANFL so think he's a handy pick up, don't know too much about Lloyd though. So we now have a PSD pick and some rookies? ???