Richmond Contracts/Trading/Drafting and Pre-Season Discussion Thread!

Started by Toga, May 01, 2013, 03:02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jroo

Quote from: NigeyS on October 18, 2013, 06:35:39 PM
Who do you lads reckon we'll look at picking? Salem's been a pretty common pick in mock drafts I've seen.
Yeah I reckon Salem or Freeman or Lennon (but they'll probably be gone by then).
i also wouldn't mind Crouch.

Nige

I'm fairly certain Benny Lennon will go by then and I reckon Nathan Freeman will get picked up just a few picks before by either the Dees or Pies. So I reckon we'll be left to pick between Salem, Crouch (and obviously a few other lads), but I reckon we'll take Salem, even though I really want us to pick Crouch instead.

Jroo

Quote from: NigeyS on October 18, 2013, 06:43:20 PM
I'm fairly certain Benny Lennon will go by then and I reckon Nathan Freeman will get picked up just a few picks before by either the Dees or Pies. So I reckon we'll be left to pick between Salem, Crouch (and obviously a few other lads), but I reckon we'll take Salem, even though I really want us to pick Crouch instead.
Yeah you're probably right, it's unlikely he'll be there at our pick.
Probably out of Salem and Crouch, but I'd rather Crouch as I think we need another inside mid.

Nige

Yeah exactly, another inside mid would be really good.

I had a look at the BigFooty Tigers lads' opinions on it.

They're leaning towards Salem, Freeman or Bontz.

I still want Crouch, I hope we decide to grab him. I can't stand the idea of us passing him up.

dirkdiggler

Quote from: NigeyS on October 18, 2013, 05:55:44 PM
Nothing for White, balls.

If we lost McGuane due to free agency, I reckon they would have had to give us something.

Slightly gutted.  :P

nah don't agree with that....it's got to on player by player basis in my opinion. Otherwise you could offer chuff all to one player to ensure he moves thus securing a comp pick for the othe one.
It's free agency...Richmond had the opportunity to use it to their advantage and chose not too this season.

Nige

Quote from: dirkdiggler on October 18, 2013, 07:07:01 PM

If we lost McGuane due to free agency, I reckon they would have had to give us something.

nah don't agree with that....it's got to on player by player basis in my opinion. Otherwise you could offer chuff all to one player to ensure he moves thus securing a comp pick for the othe one.
It's free agency...Richmond had the opportunity to use it to their advantage and chose not too this season.

Fair call mate.

Yeah, I think we're happy with the way the list. The only must was a back-up/second ruck which we got in Hammer from Carlton. A few moved on already (White, Guan) and probably a few to be delisted (Nahas etc), but otherwise that's it. To the draft we go.

dirkdiggler

Quote from: NigeyS on October 18, 2013, 07:11:56 PM

Fair call mate.

Yeah, I think we're happy with the way the list. The only must was a back-up/second ruck which we got in Hammer from Carlton. A few moved on already (White, Guan) and probably a few to be delisted (Nahas etc), but otherwise that's it. To the draft we go.

yeah....to me a free agent is a free agent. No compo picks should be given in my opnion...but that opens up another can of worms.

Nothing wrong with the Tiger list...and Miss Gale is a massive recruit IMO :)

Jroo

Quote from: dirkdiggler on October 18, 2013, 07:31:13 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on October 18, 2013, 07:11:56 PM

Fair call mate.

yeah....to me a free agent is a free agent. No compo picks should be given in my opnion...but that opens up another can of worms.

Nothing wrong with the Tiger list...and Miss Gale is a massive recruit IMO :)
I agree, the compo system needs to be scrapped.
And yes, Megan is a massive get for us  8)

Kellogscrunchynut

Crouch would be ideal, but we'd be extremely lucky if we got him otherwise go Freeman.

Nige

Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on October 18, 2013, 08:06:49 PM
Crouch would be ideal, but we'd be extremely lucky if we got him otherwise go Freeman.
I reckon Crouch is a better chance of lasting to us though.

Freeman had a very good combine and he's one that both Melbourne and Collingwood (who both have picks before us) are interested in.

Kellogscrunchynut

Quote from: NigeyS on October 18, 2013, 08:11:20 PM
Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on October 18, 2013, 08:06:49 PM
I reckon Crouch is a better chance of lasting to us though.

Freeman had a very good combine and he's one that both Melbourne and Collingwood (who both have picks before us) are interested in. 
Really? I'd be thrilled if we got him(Crouch) probably the ball winning midfielder of this draft.

Toga

I hope we get Crouchy! Looking at who we've recruited in recent years it's obvious Dimma's preference for hard nosed ball winners so wouldn't be surprised if we go with Matty (providing he lads, which a lot of people think he will!).

Nige

Kristian Pisano posted this on Twitter yesterday, thought it was really insightful.

Nige

Going off that, a small forward is our main need... and maybe another small back.

But yeah, Matt Crouch is the man I want to see going at #12, if he's still there and we pass him up, I'll be pretty annoyed. He's exactly like Biscuits and Tigga.

Ricochet

Apart from Houli who are your run-off defenders? That stood out as the biggest spot to improve just based on that chart