Richmond Contracts/Trading/Drafting and Pre-Season Discussion Thread!

Started by Toga, May 01, 2013, 03:02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheAnt

I see nothing wrong with the Hampson trade, not going to be a best 22 player but it's a shallow draft so you need to trade high, plus pick 28 becomes pick 31, 32 with compo picks.

Chelskiman

It's definitely a good move.  A second round pick may be pushing it, but we really did need a second ruckman to help Ivan out.  I know we had Vics, and McBean is coming through, but it will mean Vics can stay in the forward line for a lot longer, which is only a good thing imo.  Maric was very tired at the end of the season, so with another guy helping him out he should bounce back and have a similar season to what he had in his first season with us.

kilbluff1985

So how many games do you guys think Hampson will play next year roughly ?

Nige

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on October 08, 2013, 02:18:35 AM
So how many games do you guys think Hampson will play next year roughly ?
Can't pick a number, but I reckon it would be as often as we need him. As in, some weeks we may need the two rucks, whereas in others, probably not.

Nige

Great article by Robbo on the Hampson deal.

Genuinely worth a read, unless of course you're thick-headed or have the stupid and false preconceived idea that Hammer is a spud.

SydneyRox

I thought Hampson was ok, will get better with some consistent game time, one issue was Carlton fans are not the most forgiving for a bad game or two

Nige

Quote from: SydneyRox on October 08, 2013, 01:22:35 PM
I thought Hampson was ok, will get better with some consistent game time, one issue was Carlton fans are not the most forgiving for a bad game or two
I think that's the case for a lot of clubs' supporters.

quinny88

Ive warmed to the Hampson trade a bit now. You have to judge him for what he is.. and thats a ruckman. He has been played as a forward so far in his career because Kreuzer and Warnock were ahead of him but hes not a permanent forward. He's a 200 cm athletic guy. Looks awkward up forward but so do most ruckman. Look at him as purely a ruckman and its a different story. He has a great leap and wins hitouts when he gets the chance in the middle. Bit of a bonus that he can take a decent grab too.
From what ive seen of him he's definitely a confidence player. If we can get him firing he could be a very handy pick up. Shallow draft this year from all reports so its not a bad move. I trust the recruiting staff at Richmond with their recent record

Nige

^ Basically what I have been trying to tell everyone, but do you think any has listened?  :P

Nige

The Saints may come get Tom Derickx if they can't get any other ruck...  ;D

Nige

Eagles are showing interest in Robbie Nahas.  ;D

T Dog

Nige

Kellogscrunchynut

Nige