Richmond Contracts/Trading/Drafting and Pre-Season Discussion Thread!

Started by Toga, May 01, 2013, 03:02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vinny

Although the Tiges is not where I would like to see him, I would be happy to see him play anywhere next season if it means he gets to play AFL.

Windigo

Quote from: NigeyS on October 02, 2013, 02:41:23 PM
We could have a second Chappy at the club, we're reportedly interested in Paul Chapman now.  :o

I wouldn't mind that. He can camp in the FWD line & Martin can play mid all the time.  :)

Jroo

Chappy would be good but I can't see him playing every game. He could be used s the sub and given a few rests throughout the year to make sure he's ready for September  :P

Nige

Yeah, someone said on Twitter we should recruit him and then just play him as our X Factor in September.  ;D

Vinny

Quote from: NigeyS on October 02, 2013, 03:45:32 PM
Yeah, someone said on Twitter we should recruit him and then just play him as our X Factor in September.  ;D
Hahaha  ;D

JBs-Hawks

If he wanted to do that then hed just take the Cats 10 game contract :P

Nige

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 02, 2013, 07:20:48 PM

If he wanted to do that then hed just take the Cats 10 game contract :P

Good call.  :P

I'd really like him to sign with us though tbh.

Nige

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2013-10-03/four-more-tiger-resignings

Richmond has confirmed the re-signing of four players - forward Aaron Edwards, defender Jake Batchelor, and tall, key-position pair Ben Griffiths and Todd Elton.

The four have all signed one-year deals with the Club.

quinny88

Stuff Hampson, the bloke is a robot. Get some kgs on Mcbean and get him out there, I saw a lot of him in the vfl this year and I'm calling it early, he will be in the top 5 forwards in the comp within 3-4 years. Haven't seen a big guy so clean below his knees since buddy. Oh and he can take a contested grab which buddy can't, he's gonna be an absolute star (refer to this message in a couple of years when everyone is talking about him)

As for chappy, yeah.. Why not ;) I was shocked Geelong didn't offer him another full season. He was there best player by a mile in that semi final and Geelong would have beat Hawthorn if he played. He is still a jet. May as well pick him up and plonk him in the forward line. There is a position up for grabs there that guys like Edwards and mcguanne fight over so it won't be keeping a youngster out.

We have done well to retain our list. Matty White is a bummer but I think we shot ourselves in the foot with that one playing him as the sub every week.

Nige

Personally, I'm ecstatic that Az and Griffo re-signed, not as big on Batch but he's good. Elton on the other hand, get off our list with Sam Lonergan already...

specky92

Am I the only one a bit surprised that Edwards only got the one year, I thought he was brilliant after he came in, looks a real team player,

EZA100

Quote from: NigeyS on October 04, 2013, 12:04:19 AM
Personally, I'm ecstatic that Az and Griffo re-signed, not as big on Batch but he's good. Elton on the other hand, get off our list with Sam Lonergan already...
Agreed I can't believe that Lonergan is still on a, Happy that Edwards signed and hopefully Griffiths can get his body straight now.

Jroo

Quote from: quinny88 on October 03, 2013, 11:23:11 PM
Stuff Hampson, the bloke is a robot. Get some kgs on Mcbean and get him out there, I saw a lot of him in the vfl this year and I'm calling it early, he will be in the top 5 forwards in the comp within 3-4 years. Haven't seen a big guy so clean below his knees since buddy. Oh and he can take a contested grab which buddy can't, he's gonna be an absolute star (refer to this message in a couple of years when everyone is talking about him)

As for chappy, yeah.. Why not ;) I was shocked Geelong didn't offer him another full season. He was there best player by a mile in that semi final and Geelong would have beat Hawthorn if he played. He is still a jet. May as well pick him up and plonk him in the forward line. There is a position up for grabs there that guys like Edwards and mcguanne fight over so it won't be keeping a youngster out.

We have done well to retain our list. Matty White is a bummer but I think we shot ourselves in the foot with that one playing him as the sub every week.
Yeah McBean will be a gun,he's been dominating the VFL.
Chappy would be a good get, I'm sure he could teach our younger player a lot, such as McDonough who plays a bit like Chappy.

Kellogscrunchynut

aces-high

Chappy seen at punt road a couple of days ago according to SEN so it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he comes our way. Good get imo, much rather him in the forwardline then jakey king come finals time. Brings big game experience and will lead to prove a point against geelong that he was let go pre maturely