Richmond Contracts/Trading/Drafting and Pre-Season Discussion Thread!

Started by Toga, May 01, 2013, 03:02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

So it seems that Leppa is going back to Brissy to coach the Lions, I assume the hunt for his replacement will begin soon.

Ringo

Thank You Tigers and Hardwick for putting the finishing touches on Leppa's coaching resume. He has served his apprenticeship and we will see if he can translate to Master.

Jroo

How would we feel if Heath Shaw moved to Richmond? He's a bit of a dickhead but a great defender. They will probably be asking for a first round pick and I'd much rather use that on Taylor Adams.

Nige

Quote from: JROO8 on September 24, 2013, 05:00:41 PM
How would we feel if Heath Shaw moved to Richmond? He's a bit of a dickhead but a great defender. They will probably be asking for a first round pick and I'd much rather use that on Taylor Adams.

I fully agree mate, Shaw's great but would prefer Adams. I'd like to keep the first rounder though.  :P

RiOtChEsS

quinny88

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on September 25, 2013, 05:53:37 PM
Rumour out Dusty for NRoo :o

Commented on this in the other thread but please.. Who comes up with this stuff  ::)

kilbluff1985

Nige

2013 Offseason News ‏@theafloffseason 5m

Port Adelaide is interested in livewire Richmond unrestricted free agent Matt White, according to The Adelaide Advertiser.

:(

Nige

I've been resigned to losing him since the start of the year since I knew he was an unrestricted free agent.

He's served the club well, especially as a sub.

At least know the blue flame on his ankle will fit in with his guernsey.  ;D

I'm now even more certain Matt Thomas will be a Richmond player.

Still praying for Sam Lonergan to be delisted.

Toga

Bit disappointing as I thought he played very well towards the end of the year but I think he's a replaceable player, with guys like Knightsy still there that could play a similar role... Frees up some salary space as well, fingers crossed Taylor Adams nominates us as his club of preference. :P

Good luck wherever you go Whitey - but we still got Dusty! ;D

Nige

I think Taylor Adams is on his way to Collingwood, especially since they look like losing Daisy.

Toga

Quote from: NigeyS on October 01, 2013, 12:54:01 PM
I think Taylor Adams is on his way to Collingwood, especially since they look like losing Daisy.

Tbh I think it comes down to where Adams wants to go... Yes Collingwood have higher picks (and potentially more $$) but if he wants to come to Richmond, the Giants will be kind of obliged to get a deal done with us.. We'll see in the next few days!

nickstiges

He'll nominate a club on Friday, hopefully it's Richmond and apparently the boys who have had inside info before over on Bigfooty think Richmond is still his pick.

Can't see us keeping pick 11 if we do snag him though.

Jroo

Quote from: nickstiges on October 01, 2013, 02:20:57 PM
He'll nominate a club on Friday, hopefully it's Richmond and apparently the boys who have had inside info before over on Bigfooty think Richmond is still his pick.

Can't see us keeping pick 11 if we do snag him though.
Are you on BigFooty too?
I would give up pick 11 in a heartbeat for Adams, but I think he'll go to the Pies too or even stay at the Giants as Buddy isn't going there anymore.