Richmond Contracts/Trading/Drafting and Pre-Season Discussion Thread!

Started by Toga, May 01, 2013, 03:02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Considering we have Orren, I wouldn't be surprised if we kept him around for another year and made a play for Longer. However, if we went for Jolly, you'd think we'd move Orren on...

TheAnt

Nige

Quote from: TheAnt on September 14, 2013, 03:57:11 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on September 11, 2013, 10:06:12 PM
I know I'm missing somebody... I'd be damned if I could remember who.
Matt Rosa?
Has he been rumoured? Not him, still blank. Maybe there wasn't and my mind's just messing with me...

Might have been Karnezis actually.

Kellogscrunchynut

Weren't we linked with Karnezis last post season? looked really good in the pre season might be a good trade.

aces-high

Quote from: TeeJay on September 10, 2013, 10:41:03 PM
Quote from: JROO8 on September 10, 2013, 05:12:07 PM
Hopefully this is true
@theafloffseason: BREAKING NEWS

Dustin Martin has accepted a new deal to remain with the Richmond Football Club.

Details to follow

I can confirm this to be true. Will be announced tommorow
Not being a pot stirrer but lol :( i'm shattered with todayd news and i'm sure the news would surprise you guys?

Nige

Quote from: Jennifer PhelanPlenty of intrigue surrounds just what is going to become of Dustin Martin after the tough midfielder told the Tigers he would be considering rival offers. Talks between Martin's management and the Tigers have broken down with the Martin party wanting more than the club is willing to offer. What happens now? Well, the Tigers could try and reach a deal with a club - Melbourne and Greater Western Sydney have been reported to be interested, with the Demons holding a very tradeable draft pick No.2 - so they don't lose him for nothing. Otherwise, Martin could walk out and whack a price on his head so he can get to the club he wants to be at or nominate for the pre-season draft where the Giants have the first selection. Or, he could remain in yellow and black next year if all this amounts to nothing. Then there's Reece Conca, who remains out of contract with Fremantle interested in the West Australian midfielder. The Tigers need a ruckman and another defender wouldn't hurt, but midfield stocks will become more important if Martin and Conca leave, given Shane Tuck has already retired

Pretty fair assessment I think, thoughts?

I said it to Toga yesterday, maybe the Tiges should make a play for Jeremy Laidler?

Toga

Tbh I think Dusty's dilemma boils down to a dumb kid under the poor guidance of a d!ckhead manager in Ralph Carr (who is more involved with Show Biz).

Will be interesting to see whether he does get anything near the $$ he's asking for, and what will happen if/when he doesn't get an offer - does he wake up to the light, sack Carr & make a formal apology to the club & its supporters?

Will be interesting to see what eventuates.

Nige

2013 Offseason News ‏@theafloffseason 21m

BRISBANE are the latest club to chase Dustin Martin, with the Lions likely to offer up Billy Longer and a pick for the out-going Tiger.

2013 Offseason News ‏@theafloffseason 23h

Matt White has become the subject of interest from Collingwood who could pursue him in the trade period according to the AFL website.

Jroo

Quote from: NigeyS on September 19, 2013, 11:52:30 AM

BRISBANE are the latest club to chase Dustin Martin, with the Lions likely to offer up Billy Longer and a pick for the out-going Tiger.

Matt White has become the subject of interest from Collingwood who could pursue him in the trade period according to the AFL website.
Longer + Briabane's first pick wouldn't be so bad, we need a replacement for Maric soon, his groins are flowered!

Nige

Quote from: JROO8 on September 19, 2013, 11:56:28 AM
Quote from: NigeyS on September 19, 2013, 11:52:30 AM

Longer + Briabane's first pick wouldn't be so bad, we need a replacement for Maric soon, his groins are flowered!
Fully agree, I'd be happy to do it.

Toga

What's Brisbane's first pick? #7?

Then we could on-trade a first-rounder for Adams?

Ringo

I would not give up our first round pick with Longer. Is Martin worth 2 first round picks do not think so. (Longer was taken with pick 8 in 2011 draft,) Would be happy with 2nd Round Pick.

Jroo

Quote from: Ringo on September 19, 2013, 02:44:21 PM
I would not give up our first round pick with Longer. Is Martin worth 2 first round picks do not think so. (Longer was taken with pick 8 in 2011 draft,) Would be happy with 2nd Round Pick.
I understand Ringo, but you're up against GWS and Melbourne to sign him, who all have better draft picks. Don't forget Longer wants to go home too.

Ringo

Quote from: JROO8 on September 19, 2013, 02:46:50 PM
Quote from: Ringo on September 19, 2013, 02:44:21 PM
I understand Ringo, but you're up against GWS and Melbourne to sign him, who all have better draft picks. Don't forget Longer wants to go home too.
Maybe if we get Ports Round 11 pick for Polec that may be enough.

Kellogscrunchynut

Doubt Polec would be worth a first round pick, given that he hasn't really taken off.