Richmond Contracts/Trading/Drafting and Pre-Season Discussion Thread!

Started by Toga, May 01, 2013, 03:02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kellogscrunchynut

Nige

The Giants don't need him, but they'll happily take him anyway.

AFEV

Would he want to move to NSW?
Would GWS even want to use that cap space on him..?

Nige

Ziplock

Quote from: Sid on August 16, 2013, 10:58:55 PM

I dunno if we would, he's not exactly the type of player we need.

Toga

Quote from: Sid on August 16, 2013, 10:58:55 PM

Think he used to live with his dad in Western Sydney actually iirc... :-[

But yeah don't think GWS need him... I'm still pretty hopeful he's keen to stay on, it seems like he's been moved by what the club has done for him over the past 18 months.

specky92

From what I gathered,

Hardwick says: We're confident in getting his signature in the near future (but he's not exactly gonna come out and say we're a mile off)

Chanel 7 says: Dustin rejected what was called a 'final offer' and are a long way off signing him,

I think he'll stay, I can't imagine him playing for any other team

Toga

Channel 7 (& the rest of the media) ain't gonna say he's close to signing either... That won't sell papers! :P

Nige

Probably just playing hardball. Maybe he's waiting to see how well we go in finals or something.  :P

Chelskiman

Not sure how our budget is looking, but surely we should be giving him what he wants, or at least as close as possible.  The kid is worth it, still being 22 and all, and we're going to need him if we want to push into a regular top four position, and even have a crack at the premiership in about 2-3 years time.

Nige

In awesome news, Matt McDonough is making his debut!  8) 8) 8)

nickstiges

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/richmond-midfielder-dustin-martin-fails-to-attract-significant-interest-from-rival-clubs/story-fni5f9jb-1226698910288

More good news with no real threats to lure Dusty away yet.
St Kilda, North & GWS were the 3 rumoured clubs.

Nige

Every seems to have their own take of what's going on with the Dustin Martin contract ordeal. Standard.

specky92

North and GWS don't even need him, St Kilda desperately need him though, can't imagine him playing for saints though he's too much of a bad boy

Hawka