Richmond Contracts/Trading/Drafting and Pre-Season Discussion Thread!

Started by Toga, May 01, 2013, 03:02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Yeah, same about Banfield.

Anthony Miles was a bit of a surprise, a pleasant one though.

Ricochet

Banfield can actually seriously play, he just has a shocking tank.

Toga

Ok I know it's a highlights package but I don't mind the look of him, looks pretty dangerous which I guess wouldn't hurt adding to our team.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2013-11-27/2013-rookie-draft-pick-11-todd-banfield

Nige

I guess being a rookie, he's not really taking up list space as such... If he doesn't do what we got him for, we can get rid of him.  :P

kilbluff1985

Toga

Nige

Unfortunate victim of the expansion teams' list reductions.

Considering we didn't get Taylor Adams or Dom Tyson, I'm quite happy.

Kellogscrunchynut

All three seem like good depth players, but I get the feeling that the list management staff were really not confident in this years draft group.

Nige

Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on November 27, 2013, 12:43:01 PM
All three seem like good depth players, but I get the feeling that the list management staff were really not confident in this years draft group.
It was said that this year's draft pool wasn't spectacular.

We've taken the same approach for two years now, so I won't be surprised to see it happen again next year.

Kellogscrunchynut

Ricochet

They say, we say: Club-by-club verdicts on the 2013-14 Pre-Season and Rookie Drafts

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-11-27/they-say-we-say-rookie-draft-verdicts

We say
For the second straight year, the Tigers have largely gone for mature-age talent. Shaun Hampson, Nathan Gordon and Sam Lloyd have already been added, along with young gun Ben Lennon, and the additions of rookies Todd Banfield (pick No.11), Anthony Miles (No.27) and Matt Thomas (No.42) - all from AFL clubs - will give them greater depth after the relative success of Ricky Petterd, Troy Chaplin, Aaron Edwards and Chris Knights (before his knee injury) last year. Petterd has been promoted and Orren Stephenson is back for another rookie season, with the extra injection of experience to complement the progression of the Tigers recent draftees. - Jennifer Phelan

Windigo

Kellogscrunchynut

Should have been given much more of a chance at GWS, hopefully he can make something of himself over here.

Vinny

How many games do you all expect draftee Sam Lloyd to play in 2014? Will he ever become best 22 matieral?

TheAnt