Richmond Contracts/Trading/Drafting and Pre-Season Discussion Thread!

Started by Toga, May 01, 2013, 03:02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toga

Quote from: quinny88 on November 25, 2013, 10:18:14 PM
Defensive depth is pretty good.
If either Rance or chappy went down with injury, grimes is more than capable of holding a key defensive post.
Backup defenders that don't get regular games are griffiths, batchelor, astbury, dea. Not to bad, none would play a key role but could all play 3rd tall.

I'd feel more confident if Grimes was playing on the third tall week in week out - think he is a touch undersized to play on one of a Cloke/White or Franklin/Tippett combo tbh.

Midfield can always do with more depth but that's pretty strong to. Not so much in the 2's but guys like Conca, Ellis, Martin etc could all step into permanent roles if they were needed.

Agree here, midfield looks good but I don't think you can have enough depth - would love to see some more mature age recruits in Thomas to sure up the inside depth, and Batsanis to sure up the outside. 8)

And now the bolstering of our forward line has helped massively. Would still love one of those really dangerous type small forwards. Garlett would have been nice.
Strongest our list has been in the 25 years I've been alive. Very excited for the coming years

Looking at Lloyd's highlights package I think he is just this - looks very exciting, heaps of hangers & great looking snaps in that vid! Gordon also has a bit of X-factor about him, really liked the look of him in the SANFL grand final last year.

quinny88

Grimes will put on more weight this off season though. He will be one of the best defenders in the comp very soon. I'd be more than confident in him in a key position. Hopefully doesn't have to just yet though.
Franklin/ tippet combo is impossible for any team to stop anyway lol and cloke on his day is impossible to stop to, Jesse White.. Meh don't rate him.
I hope your right about loyd. Highlights looked great but then again you could take out a 2 minute highlight package of anyone and make them look amazing.

Ziplock

Kellogscrunchynut

Nige

Nige

Do we reckon the club might PSD pick one of Batsanis and Thomas and rookie list the other?  ???

Toga

I dunno how many senior spots have we got? Think both would be good on the senior list if possible but who knows

Nige

Quote from: Toga on November 26, 2013, 02:09:13 PM
I dunno how many senior spots have we got? Think both would be good on the senior list if possible but who knows
2 spots on the senior list, 3 on the rookie. Hence our 2 picks in the PSD.

Toga

Right. Idk probably Thomas on the senior list and maybe we could get Batsanis in the RD just so we have a choice of where to put him? But I'd be happy to play it safe and take him in the PSD and have him on the senior list.

Nige

At this point, I don't care which list they go on.

As long as Batman and The Tank become Tiges.  ;)

nickstiges

Have to say looking at some of the preseason training stuff Flossy looks pretty big, bigger than Dusty.

Nige

Well, GWS are the only taking a PSD pick.

So, if we're gonna get The Tank and Batman, they'll be rookies.\

We're gonna go in to the 2014 season with two free spots on our senior list.

Nige

Well, the drafts are done and dusted.

Todd Banfield, Anthony Miles and Matt Thomas are now Tigers.

Yet again, we've topped up by adding mature players.

Toga

Yeah was just about to post that Nige!

Very happy with Miles & Thomas, think they will be very handy midfield depth and may even be able to crack in for a few games next year.

I'm personally not sold on Banfield and would've rathered Batsanis but I guess we'll wait and see, he might prove me wrong!