Richmond Contracts/Trading/Drafting and Pre-Season Discussion Thread!

Started by Toga, May 01, 2013, 03:02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Or... because there aren't any other Lennons in the AFL...  we could just call him Lennon   :P

specky92

Nige

Quote from: specky92 on November 15, 2013, 03:12:37 PM
The lemon!
Could do.  ;)

Quote from: Ricochet on November 15, 2013, 03:10:19 PM
Or... because there aren't any other Lennons in the AFL...  we could just call him Lennon   :P
But nicknames are great.  ;D

Toga

Imagine all the Tigers.... Celebrating next Thursday.... Ooh ooh ooooh. ;)

Nige

I'm getting worried about the latest rumours...

The word is that if we have a choice of Salem and Beatle (;)) - we'll take the former. I know Salem is a gun, but I like some of the other guys more.

Toga

The fact that Beatle did a week at Punt Rd while in the AIS squad makes me feel as though we're a bit attached to him ???

Nige

Quote from: Toga on November 15, 2013, 03:54:43 PM
The fact that Beatle did a week at Punt Rd while in the AIS squad makes me feel as though we're a bit attached to him ???
Yeah, it just seems like another reason to pick him.

I'm still hoping Brisbane take Nathan Freeman so that the Dees take Salem.  ;D

Toga

Would Brisbane be at all interested in Salem? If they are I think it's a certainty that he'll be gone by our pick...

I've decided I'd be happy either way with Lennon or Salem, both have a lot they could add to our 22!

Jroo

Did you guys read this? http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/pick-me-ben-lennon-can-make-things-happen-and-has-the-pies-lions-and-tigers-keen/story-fni5f22o-1226757595829
This was gold from Choco  ;D
QuoteHe spent time at Punt Rd this year as part of the AIS/AFL squad, where one message from straight-shooting development coach Mark Williams was "shave your beard off, you look like a d---head".

Nige

Quote from: Toga on November 15, 2013, 03:58:06 PM
Would Brisbane be at all interested in Salem? If they are I think it's a certainty that he'll be gone by our pick...

I've decided I'd be happy either way with Lennon or Salem, both have a lot they could add to our 22!
From what I know, Brisbane would probably take Schaz is he was there but not Aish. They're also interested/have been linked to McCarthy, Freeman and Lennon...

As far as I know, Melbourne and Collingwood are the only others after Salem, mainly because he's not expected to last beyond us.

Jroo

Quote from: Toga on November 15, 2013, 03:58:06 PM

Me too Toga, I'd be happy with either of them.

Nige

As I've said, I'm happy with Salem... but Beatle.  :-*

elephants

Quote from: NigeyS on November 15, 2013, 03:57:09 PM

Nathan Freeman is too long of a name. He's quick right? Lets call him Cathy after Cathy Freeman ;)

P.S. Love Beatle as a nickname haha

Nige

Quote from: elephants on November 15, 2013, 04:10:03 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on November 15, 2013, 03:57:09 PM

Nathan Freeman is too long of a name. He's quick right? Lets call him Cathy after Cathy Freeman ;)

P.S. Love Beatle as a nickname haha
Beatle has to catch on, it just has to...  ;D

Jroo

Quote from: JROO8 on November 15, 2013, 02:29:11 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on November 15, 2013, 02:26:42 PM
Yeah, it's being said that Salem will go at 9 or 10 to the Dees or Pies respectively, paving the way for Benny to slide on through to Punt Rd. 8)
Yeah, he'll be a good pick up for either of them. Lennon shouldn't get picked up before our first pick and I think it's unlikely we'll pass on him, unless there's a massive slider such as Scharenberg.
Maybe Scharenberg may be the slider  :o
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/star-draft-prospect-matthew-scharenberg-could-slide-down-the-order-as-it-emerges-he-is-battling-feet-injuries/story-fni5f22o-1226761380277#
If him and Lennon were available at 12 that would be a difficult choice. Scharenberg is a top 5 pick on talent, I rate him pretty highly.