Richmond Contracts/Trading/Drafting and Pre-Season Discussion Thread!

Started by Toga, May 01, 2013, 03:02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toga

Quote from: Ricochet on October 23, 2013, 10:53:07 AM
Apart from Houli who are your run-off defenders? That stood out as the biggest spot to improve just based on that chart

Houli, Deledio, Petterd, Newman and Ellis are the guys that provide our run off of half back.

Ricochet

Quote from: Toga on October 23, 2013, 10:55:58 AM
Quote from: Ricochet on October 23, 2013, 10:53:07 AM
Apart from Houli who are your run-off defenders? That stood out as the biggest spot to improve just based on that chart

Houli, Deledio, Petterd, Newman and Ellis are the guys that provide our run off of half back.
So Ellis should keep def status? Would be good to see Lids back in our backlines as well  ;)

Toga

I dunno man, really hard to say...

In terms of where he played, he started on the wing a lot (doesn't have the cog symbol next to his name much on FF archives), but he did win a lot of possessions & marks on the half back flanks, seemed to be our go-to man when bringing the ball back in to play down back. So if VS look at where % of possessions are won, he's a sneaky chance to keep def status IMO, although I'm not getting my hopes up. Would love for him to get it though!

And yeah would be sweet to have Lids down back again - as for whether he'll get DPP I'm not sure, but in a lot of the games I watched he was in our back half... Will be interesting to see!

Vinny

Yeah Nige, I got one like that for the Blues from 2012, it's pretty handy 8)

Ricochet

Quote from: Toga on October 23, 2013, 11:20:33 AM

In terms of where he played, he started on the wing a lot (doesn't have the cog symbol next to his name much on FF archives), but he did win a lot of possessions & marks on the half back flanks, seemed to be our go-to man when bringing the ball back in to play down back. So if VS look at where % of possessions are won, he's a sneaky chance to keep def status IMO, although I'm not getting my hopes up. Would love for him to get it though!

And yeah would be sweet to have Lids down back again - as for whether he'll get DPP I'm not sure, but in a lot of the games I watched he was in our back half... Will be interesting to see!
Ah ok cool thanks mate!

Nige

Yeah, I guess that's the thing with VS... nothing is certain. Just when you think they'll award somebody (x) eligibility or let them keep it or whatever - they'll do the opposite.

Kellogscrunchynut

I reckon delist Helbig and maybe Lonergan then pick up Crouch.

Toga

I don't mind Helbig, but he hasn't been able to achieve much at Punt Road yet... Lonergan's gotta go though.

Speaking of delistings though, who goes?

Nahas, Lonergan, Derickx, McGuane? Any of our rookies?

Nige

Quote from: Toga on October 23, 2013, 11:49:03 AM
I don't mind Helbig, but he hasn't been able to achieve much at Punt Road yet... Lonergan's gotta go though.

Still not sold on Helbig (sick name though)... but please make Sam Lonergan leave our football club either one way or another.

Yeah Toges, I think that'll be it... potentially Gideon Simon (that int. rookie) and maybe Verrier? Pretty Ricky will get elevated.

Jroo

Quote from: Toga on October 23, 2013, 11:49:03 AM

Yeah, Helbig won't be going anywhere.
Nahas, White and McGun are gone so I wouldn't expect many more changes. Maybe just Derickx out.
In: Hampson, Pick 12, Pick 50, Pick 68
Out: Nahas, White, McGun, Derickx

Jroo

Quote from: Toga on October 23, 2013, 11:20:33 AM

Ellis a slight chance, but from what I've seen he's played mostly on the wing so I reckon it's unlikely.
Lids was sent down back in the second half of the year to beat the tag, but I don't think he played enough time down there to get DPP. I hope they both get DPP but I think it's unlikely that one of them will.

nickstiges

Going back to our 1st rd pick, I reckon we'd go alright if we could get one of Freeman/Salem/Bontempelli, although based off a few mock drafts I've seen around Bontempelli might not last to #12.

Nige

Bontempelli will probably go anywhere from 6-8. I can't see him getting past the top 10 or cracking the top 5.

Jroo

@theafloffseason: Richmond may be involved with another trade, as Brisbane looks to poach David Astbury who still remains uncontracted for 2014.
:o I'd like to keep David, he's needed as depth for us. Considering how injury prone Grimes is, we need him to stay.

Nige

Yeah, I heard this a while back.

There was talks that they're happy for Dave to sit on the trade table as bait since they haven't offered him a new contract. I'd like to see what they'd offer us. I doubt they'd give us anything more than a third rounder or a fringe player. Wouldn't mind them throwing Karny at us though.  :P

Also, Dave inherited Richo's #12 and hasn't live up to it. About time he moved on and Biscuits or Tigga moved into it.  ;)