J. Westhoff. He hoffed, he puffed and he........

Started by m_zulian, April 30, 2013, 09:32:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew

Quote from: Mr.Craig on May 01, 2013, 06:39:00 PM
Quote from: m_zulian on May 01, 2013, 02:04:26 PM
I'm not jealous at all. I'm ranked 331 overall with $244K up my sleeve.

As of the conclusion of last round 7 of the top 10 teams had Westhoff. Maybe you'd be ranked a little higher if you had traded him in.

Oh that's good..!

Quote from: elephants on May 01, 2013, 03:18:40 PM
Exactly. We dropped Schofield and bought in Brown for a specific role - to follow Hoff EVERYWHERE he goes. He did this to perfection yet Port still won.

Will other teams be able to commit a player to Hoff for four quarters? Probably not. Will teams be able even tag Hoff seeing as he was pivotal to the success of Port. Also, unlikely.

Fair point BUT, the Eagles were forced to use their sub in the opening few minutes, and lets face it, lost the game themselves by not taking their chances and should have won. Port, on the other hand, didn't have a mark inside 50 in the first half. Surely a big part of all that was having Westhoff well blanketed. So I think most good teams (for sake of argument we'll deem WCE as a good team...), will find and have a way to mark Westhoff and might find it easier to do so with Trengove not able to pinch hit forward..? (maybe Port supporters would like to comment on that further)

I've got my doubts about trading Westhoff out, but I agree with this sentiment:

Quote from: Adamant on May 01, 2013, 08:33:11 PM
Hoff to Stevie J this week for me. Set and forget.

In my book, holding Hoff is a bigger risk than not having Stevie J who has the bottom 3 teams from last year coming up before the bye.

powersuperkents

Blicavs 65 Predicted BE 11
Steve Johnson 136

I would prefer those numbers to having Gawn in my side any day  8)

and btw team rankings isn't a clear indication of how good your team is until after byes

I was rank 1,668 two weeks ago, after one round I dropped 2,000 places in the rankings...

You could've just made the top 500 because you had one really good match (like I did) and then drop to the 2,000's after the following round

PowerBug

Quote from: Andrew on May 02, 2013, 12:36:48 AM

In my book, holding Hoff is a bigger risk than not having Stevie J who has the bottom 3 teams from last year coming up before the bye.
Port finished above Melbourne, and WB last year. So 3 of the bottom 5 teams. :P
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

Andrew

Quote from: PowerBug on May 05, 2013, 12:43:58 PM
Quote from: Andrew on May 02, 2013, 12:36:48 AM

Port finished above Melbourne, and WB last year. So 3 of the bottom 5 teams. :P

Yeah I know, I just couldn't be bothered being particular with that end of the ladder :P

Bluke

Looks like Blicavs has got some money in him yet, so not too phased that I missed Gawn to fix my backline.

Sinclair is getting a gernsey with Naitanui and Cox in the team as well for the time being so will see how that works out today.

All in all, the Hoff was bound to have problems against the better teams. Shame he has wiped so much value off in just two weeks though.

m_zulian

Quote from: Bluke on May 05, 2013, 01:24:57 PM
Looks like Blicavs has got some money in him yet, so not too phased that I missed Gawn to fix my backline.

Sinclair is getting a gernsey with Naitanui and Cox in the team as well for the time being so will see how that works out today.

All in all, the Hoff was bound to have problems against the better teams. Shame he has wiped so much value off in just two weeks though.

I still traded Gawn in and had no donuts in my backline. Pity my three port defenders spent more time watching grass than try to somewhere close to their DT average. All three were outscored by ZAC DAWSON! Oh, and Goddard scored more than Hartlett, Stevenson, and Heath combined. Stevenson or Heath are getting the chop next week.

powersuperkents

Quote from: m_zulian on May 05, 2013, 03:10:37 PM
Quote from: Bluke on May 05, 2013, 01:24:57 PM

I still traded Gawn in and had no donuts in my backline. Pity my three port defenders spent more time watching grass than try to somewhere close to their DT average. All three were outscored by ZAC DAWSON! Oh, and Goddard scored more than Hartlett, Stevenson, and Heath combined. Stevenson or Heath are getting the chop next week.
haha same here mate. I had Stevenson and Campbell as well as Watson and Cotchin. I don't know who to upgrade out of the rooks but it'll probably be Ollie Wines for me. He's getting to a 70 BE and it's about time O'Meara takes the reins as my new primary rookie and capital.

powersuperkents

hahahaha turns out Blicavs is probably going to end up better than Gawn anyway ;)

its me lads

powersuperkents

Quote from: its me lads on May 10, 2013, 10:44:35 PM
Blicavs is a star!
what's happened to him :) ? Two weeks ago I had doubts that he would ever reach 50 now he's had two straight 60's. He's the Stevie J or Giansiracusa of my bench (he's on a super bender!) ;)