J. Westhoff. He hoffed, he puffed and he........

Started by m_zulian, April 30, 2013, 09:32:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m_zulian

Quote from: powersuperkents on May 01, 2013, 12:05:42 AM
hahaha I think m_zulian is jealous that he didn't get the Hoff and is missing out on all the premium sideways/downgrade opportunities everyone who did the Westhoff strategy gets too choose from this week and next week as well. He is so jealous now that he is willing to try and get in our faces about missing a downgrade.... hahaha a downgrade, m_zulian there are downgrade opportunities every flowering week. Gawn isn't anything special and everyone who misses him can get the same package with Hannath next week. I personally will probably keep Blicavs as bench cover because $60k isn't much money. I made $170k off downgrading Goodes this week... hahahaha there is no possible way you can ridicule anyone for picking up the Hoff. The fact is you missed out or thought you had better judgement and now your jealous that everyone is cashing in their investment for Stevie J, Buddy, some people for Birchall, Hartlett, Watson, Murphy the list goes on and instead your trying to say "I made $60k and got a player who should only reach $220-270K by seasons end how good am I?"

hahahaha am I 100% correct or just 99% you w*nker ;)

I'm not jealous at all. I'm ranked 331 overall with $244K up my sleeve.

m_zulian

Quote from: Andrew on April 30, 2013, 10:15:07 PM
Quote from: m_zulian on April 30, 2013, 09:32:20 PM
This has meant you will likely miss out on trading in Gawn for Blicavs as a cash cow.
I'm glad I didn't trade in the Hoff. It doesn't bother me if the Hoff tons up this week as I get to trade in Gawn this week as a handy cash cow.
Just wondering.....who did you trade out to get the Hoff?

m_zulian, a bit of a rubbing your face in it post, and I don't remember seeing you too much in the Westhoff threads when he was killing it - but feel free to correct me :P

I wouldn't be doing Blicavs -> Gawn even if I didn't have Westhoff. R4 is a waste of a spot most years, but particularly this year, and downgrading Blicavs for $60k not worth the trade seeing as there are more productive trades to be making at this stage (I'm sure a $60k downgrade late in the season will be gold!).

I disagree the R4 spot being a wasted position. With 44 trades there should be no cash cows left on the bench when they have reached their peak in any position. These cash cows need to be downgraded to other cash cows or be upgraded to a premium

m_zulian

For the record. I never said trading in the Hoff was a bad trade. What I was trying to say was that its unlucky that his lowest score has come in the same time as the backline carnage. I feel that I have an advantage this week by not having the Hoff as I have a downgrade option in the rucks.

elephants

Quote from: The F.A.R.K. on May 01, 2013, 01:23:36 AM
Westhoff made me 100k, provided an average of 100 over the few weeks I had him and he should still average 90 for the rest of the year. He got tagged by mitch brown on the weekend and you might laugh but browns tall and quick like hoff...there aren't many tall and quick taggers in the league so he should be fine for the rest of the year

Exactly. We dropped Schofield and bought in Brown for a specific role - to follow Hoff EVERYWHERE he goes. He did this to perfection yet Port still won.

Will other teams be able to commit a player to Hoff for four quarters? Probably not. Will teams be able even tag Hoff seeing as he was pivotal to the success of Port. Also, unlikely.

Trade the Hoffman at your peril ;)

powersuperkents

I'm sorry m_zulian mate I shouldn't have reacted so aggressively. It's just the way you wrote it was interpreted by us (who had no idea what your intentions were) as an 'in your face' or 'I told you so' insult. It's good that you've replied because now I can tell what you actually meant :). That's the problem with social networking I guess, the meaning of a sentence can be interpreted a thousand different ways by a thousand different people. Like I said before it's good you replied because the duration between your first comment and last made it seem like you were ridiculing everyone who picked Westhoff and had not bothered to reply once you saw people found your statement deplorable. haha still mate you need to linguistically communicate better when posting because you can see how the way everyone saw it wasn't the way you intended to post it :)

Joe Dirt

Most people have cox or rowe in their rucks so if they really wanted gawn which i think stevie is a better option, they could just trade Hoff to Gawn. So this whole post is a waste of space.

powersuperkents

Quote from: Joe Dirt on May 01, 2013, 03:34:33 PM
Most people have cox or rowe in their rucks so if they really wanted gawn which i think stevie is a better option, they could just trade Hoff to Gawn. So this whole post is a waste of space.
I know when I think about it, he says it wasn't suppose to be an in your face post, but why else would anyone post this... It doesn't make sense unless he's some narcissistic as,swipe. I don't think he's a narcissist, I think he was trying to ridicule us and it went wrong because he noticed the lack of logic in his pretentious slur.

Agreed though... waste of space   

I mean even the title has "In Your Face" written all over it, I call troll

stew42

Haha, I traded in Gawn the moment he was named. Got me a lovely 85 as R2 (forgot to swap Cox back... ::) )

Discombobulated

Quote from: m_zulian on April 30, 2013, 09:32:20 PM
remembered that he is an inconsistent key forward and returned a spud score of 45! He was outscored this round by players such as the caliber of Kosi and Hampson. Personally I did not trade him in my team. In round 3 I traded Karnezis (scored 9) for leuenberger (74 in his first game) using DPP and I traded Daw (wasn't playing) to Rowe (59 in his first game).
Most of you that have the Hoff will be trading him to S. Johnson. This has come at the same time as the carnage in the backline with Gibbs injured, Goodes on a 2 week holiday, Pittard likely not to return. This has meant you will likely miss out on trading in Gawn for Blicavs as a cash cow.
I'm glad I didn't trade in the Hoff. It doesn't bother me if the Hoff tons up this week as I get to trade in Gawn this week as a handy cash cow.
Just wondering.....who did you trade out to get the Hoff?

Seems the point is to gloat that you didn't trade him in?  Either way, I went Zorko to Westhoff, avoided losing cash on Zorko and copping further poor scores, grabbed some excellent scores out of Westhoff and made plenty of cash.  Could care less that he was shut down last weekend and I won't be panicking based on one performance.  Pretty much the same rule that I apply to each player; the very few give us the scores we hope for week in, week out.

Spite

I went Robinson to Hoff and kept Zorko.

I also traded in Stevie J last week.

I already have Buddy and I have Mayes in my midfield as I traded him in for viney last week.

Hoff to superpremium mid and pittard to docherty/laird/vlastuin, easy easy.

Also will trade daw in next week as he is only going to go up about ~30-35k for blicavs if I really need too but I'm happy to hold blicavs all year if he has great JS, just like luke brown in the backline (although concussed :( )

Mr.Craig

Quote from: m_zulian on May 01, 2013, 02:04:26 PM
I'm not jealous at all. I'm ranked 331 overall with $244K up my sleeve.

As of the conclusion of last round 7 of the top 10 teams had Westhoff. Maybe you'd be ranked a little higher if you had traded him in.

kano22

Quote from: Spite on May 01, 2013, 06:14:48 PM

I already have Buddy and I have Mayes in my midfield as I traded him in for viney last week.

Also will trade daw in next week as he is only going to go up about ~30-35k for blicavs if I really need too but I'm happy to hold blicavs all year if he has great JS, just like luke brown in the backline (although concussed :( )

I would imagine the eventual return of Hamish MacIntosh to the Cats lineup would impact his JS slightly.

Spite

Quote from: kano22 on May 01, 2013, 06:48:06 PM
Quote from: Spite on May 01, 2013, 06:14:48 PM

I would imagine the eventual return of Hamish MacIntosh to the Cats lineup would impact his JS slightly.

Fortunately they have said they would be happy to turn him into a defensive big man too and he wouldn't just be confined to the ruck. So let's hope they stick to their word :)

Adamant

Still can't believe I traded in the Hoff over NRoo two weeks ago. Should've taken Windi's advice. :(

Hoff to Stevie J this week for me. Set and forget.

m_zulian

Quote from: powersuperkents on May 01, 2013, 03:39:33 PM
Quote from: Joe Dirt on May 01, 2013, 03:34:33 PM
I know when I think about it, he says it wasn't suppose to be an in your face post, but why else would anyone post this... It doesn't make sense unless he's some narcissistic as,swipe. I don't think he's a narcissist, I think he was trying to ridicule us and it went wrong because he noticed the lack of logic in his pretentious slur.

Agreed though... waste of space   

I mean even the title has "In Your Face" written all over it, I call troll

The title was to grab peoples attention. I wasn't meant to ridicule the people who had Westhoff. I just thought I was in a good position this round by not having Westhoff and wanted to know what everyone thought.