J. Westhoff. He hoffed, he puffed and he........

Started by m_zulian, April 30, 2013, 09:32:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m_zulian

remembered that he is an inconsistent key forward and returned a spud score of 45! He was outscored this round by players such as the caliber of Kosi and Hampson. Personally I did not trade him in my team. In round 3 I traded Karnezis (scored 9) for leuenberger (74 in his first game) using DPP and I traded Daw (wasn't playing) to Rowe (59 in his first game).
Most of you that have the Hoff will be trading him to S. Johnson. This has come at the same time as the carnage in the backline with Gibbs injured, Goodes on a 2 week holiday, Pittard likely not to return. This has meant you will likely miss out on trading in Gawn for Blicavs as a cash cow.
I'm glad I didn't trade in the Hoff. It doesn't bother me if the Hoff tons up this week as I get to trade in Gawn this week as a handy cash cow.
Just wondering.....who did you trade out to get the Hoff?

its me lads

The Hoff move wasn't the best but it wasn't a failure, I learned something that I shouldn't do.

I went Zorko-->Hoff

Westhoff went on to get 120 odd then 45 while Zorko went 80 odd then 120. Would have got more points overall if I kept Zorko but I have made money.

Hopefully Westhoff either scores well or i'm not stuck with him for too long.

powersuperkents

Quote from: m_zulian on April 30, 2013, 09:32:20 PM
remembered that he is an inconsistent key forward and returned a spud score of 45! He was outscored this round by players such as the caliber of Kosi and Hampson. Personally I did not trade him in my team. In round 3 I traded Karnezis (scored 9) for leuenberger (74 in his first game) using DPP and I traded Daw (wasn't playing) to Rowe (59 in his first game).
Most of you that have the Hoff will be trading him to S. Johnson. This has come at the same time as the carnage in the backline with Gibbs injured, Goodes on a 2 week holiday, Pittard likely not to return. This has meant you will likely miss out on trading in Gawn for Blicavs as a cash cow.
I'm glad I didn't trade in the Hoff. It doesn't bother me if the Hoff tons up this week as I get to trade in Gawn this week as a handy cash cow.
Zorko but made over $60-80k and sideways to Stevie J. I now have the cash to upgrade any of my rookies next week too any premium I desire

jamfrank

I traded out Zorko. Still don't think it was that bad a move. Zorko went big last week because it was Melbourne. I don't think he'll keep it up. And by doing this trade I've gone from zorko to SJ and not had to spend much to do it. I don't think getting Gawn is a must. Melbourne has a bit of a rotating door policy and Dawes will be back soon. There'll be other ruck rooks.

powersuperkents

Quote from: jamfrank on April 30, 2013, 09:39:55 PM
I traded out Zorko. Still don't think it was that bad a move. Zorko went big last week because it was Melbourne. I don't think he'll keep it up. And by doing this trade I've gone from zorko to SJ and not had to spend much to do it. I don't think getting Gawn is a must. Melbourne has a bit of a rotating door policy and Dawes will be back soon. There'll be other ruck rooks.
haha yeah same here, basically sideways Zorko -> Stevie J, Gawn isn't even that good, 81 against GWS (the worst team in the comp) and 58 against Brissy (the 4th worst in the comp). If he's getting scores like that against bad teams imagine him against a good side. He played 4 games in 2011 and averaged 56.2. I'm happy I made the downgrade to Mayes and Evans last week because I'd prefer them both to Gawn any day. Hannath will be up for selection anyway next week :)

m_zulian

Quote from: powersuperkents on April 30, 2013, 09:46:26 PM
haha yeah same here, basically sideways Zorko -> Stevie J, Gawn isn't even that good, 81 against GWS (the worst team in the comp) and 58 against Brissy (the 4th worst in the comp). If he's getting scores like that against bad teams imagine him against a good side. He played 4 games in 2011 and averaged 56.2. I'm happy I made the downgrade to Mayes and Evans last week because I'd prefer them both to Gawn any day. Hannath will be up for selection anyway next week :)

He is on the bubble. Blicavs is at his peak. His had better scores than rookie rucks Rowe and Sinclair in their first two games. Not many rookie ruckman would have the scores that he has had. Oh, and Melbourne play Gold Coast in rd 7.
I have both Mayes and Evans as well.

powersuperkents

Quote from: m_zulian on April 30, 2013, 09:57:32 PM
Quote from: powersuperkents on April 30, 2013, 09:46:26 PM

He is on the bubble. Blicavs is at his peak. His had better scores than rookie rucks Rowe and Sinclair in their first two games. Not many rookie ruckman would have the scores that he has had. Oh, and Melbourne play Gold Coast in rd 7.
I have both Mayes and Evans as well.
he's still not a keeper. The only reason people are jumping on him is because BLicavs has peaked. He'll score pretty much the same as Rowe and Sinclair, if he were anything special he would have scored 100+ against GWS like all the other top tier melbourne players. He'll average 50-65 range. He would be a good downgrade but I can't afford it. But I'd rather go Zorko -> Hoff (gain cash) and then Westhoff -> Stevie J (gain $300 consolation) and miss out on Gawn than not do it and have Gawn. Nothing against him but Westhoff gained me way more money than he and Blicavs ever could and allowed me to bring in an elite player. Unless Stevie J get injured (could easily downgrade to buddy) I'll look back at the end of the season and credit the Hoff move when my team goes well. No one who picked Hoff was going to keep him. It was the plan that had been discussed by every individual. Buy him cheap, watch his price rise and then downgrade or sideways him to Stevie J or Buddy and if you check all the other threads everyone is extremely satisfied with the results. Yes we did hope for better and if he played decent we could have instead pocketed $60k downgrading him to Stevie J but a sideways is good enough. Your looking at the wrong people to target mate, no one who got the Hoff regrets it unless they have Pittrad, Goodes & Gibbs and maybe they still don't. The people who regret it are those who missed out on a free hitch to Stevie J and either are now struggling to find cash or are missing out all together

Come on Westhoff scored more points and is worth $515, Gawn won't even come close and is worth $108k and probably $160k next week. I think the Hoff is a much better choice, a players worth is an asset

Westhoff average 112, worth $515k, next week probably $498k

still showers all over Gawn and if we really thought Gawn was that great we could do the downgrade next week just pocket less cash  ???

Andrew

Quote from: m_zulian on April 30, 2013, 09:32:20 PM
This has meant you will likely miss out on trading in Gawn for Blicavs as a cash cow.

m_zulian, a bit of a rubbing your face in it post, and I don't remember seeing you too much in the Westhoff threads when he was killing it - but feel free to correct me :P

I wouldn't be doing Blicavs -> Gawn even if I didn't have Westhoff. R4 is a waste of a spot most years, but particularly this year, and downgrading Blicavs for $60k not worth the trade seeing as there are more productive trades to be making at this stage (I'm sure a $60k downgrade late in the season will be gold!). Keeping Blicavs holds out hope that he posts another 40-50 and starts rising again, and his dual position eligibility could come in handy as the season progresses...

I traded out Zorko for the Hoff, and now using Rowe's dual-position I'll be ditching Westhoff for Gawn. Gibbs out for Stevie J, swapping Hartlett back to defence and Stevie J into the forward line via Neade/Dwyer. I'll use the cash next week to upgrade Neade/Dwyer to a mid premo.

Bottom line: Every situation is different, but those who in particular got both Westhoff's 140 and 120 scores, and now can trade him around the $550k mark, are in far from a poor position. We may not know until seasons' end if it was the right call or not but I doubt future DT seasons won't see similar trades being made in the name of quick cash production.

Quote from: powersuperkents on April 30, 2013, 10:05:54 PM
Nothing against him but Westhoff gained me way more money than he and Blicavs ever could and allowed me to bring in an elite player. Unless Stevie J get injured (could easily downgrade to buddy) I'll look back at the end of the season and credit the Hoff move when my team goes well. No one who picked Hoff was going to keep him. It was the plan that had been discussed by every individual.

I agree with that!

powersuperkents

hahaha I think m_zulian is jealous that he didn't get the Hoff and is missing out on all the premium sideways/downgrade opportunities everyone who did the Westhoff strategy gets too choose from this week and next week as well. He is so jealous now that he is willing to try and get in our faces about missing a downgrade.... hahaha a downgrade, m_zulian there are downgrade opportunities every flowering week. Gawn isn't anything special and everyone who misses him can get the same package with Hannath next week. I personally will probably keep Blicavs as bench cover because $60k isn't much money. I made $170k off downgrading Goodes this week... hahahaha there is no possible way you can ridicule anyone for picking up the Hoff. The fact is you missed out or thought you had better judgement and now your jealous that everyone is cashing in their investment for Stevie J, Buddy, some people for Birchall, Hartlett, Watson, Murphy the list goes on and instead your trying to say "I made $60k and got a player who should only reach $220-270K by seasons end how good am I?"

hahahaha am I 100% correct or just 99% you w*nker ;)

The F.A.R.K.

Westhoff made me 100k, provided an average of 100 over the few weeks I had him and he should still average 90 for the rest of the year. He got tagged by mitch brown on the weekend and you might laugh but browns tall and quick like hoff...there aren't many tall and quick taggers in the league so he should be fine for the rest of the year

pommyadam

i bought him in for Patton when i went
Kruezer -> Leuenberger and Patton -> Westhoff

nothing but gains there

stuck with him for another week (damn Fyfe and backline), hopefully he tons up and doesn't bleed too much cash

powersuperkents

Quote from: pommyadam on May 01, 2013, 08:32:03 AM
i bought him in for Patton when i went
Kruezer -> Leuenberger and Patton -> Westhoff

nothing but gains there

stuck with him for another week (damn Fyfe and backline), hopefully he tons up and doesn't bleed too much cash
he should against kangas

powersuperkents

Gawn is only predicted to go up $57k, that is a nominal cash cow. He is between a shower rookie and a cash cow. Hannath will probably make a bit less money than him but don't expect to make more than $150K in total... and who are you going to downgrade him too when he peaks? If it were that good a trade I would keep the Hoff or Goodes for another week and bring in Gawn but no one is missing out on much besides $60k and new back up ruck (your not going to end up downgrading him, rucks are too rare a commodity to pass up this year).

You're shower mate you should have went the Hoff and you are basing your case that it was a bad trade on the fact he scored 45?
He made some people almost $200k and now we all have a super premo and you have Gawn... Have fun with him man it'll be nice too rack up a consistent 50 each week 

jamfrank

Trading R4 is a bit of a useless trade and only one that I'd do if I had a spare trade. Even if I didn't have the Hoff I'd still not be able to downgrade blicavs. Most likely I'll downgrade him to a non-playing ruck worth $89k some time in the future.

powersuperkents

Quote from: jamfrank on May 01, 2013, 10:37:33 AM
Trading R4 is a bit of a useless trade and only one that I'd do if I had a spare trade. Even if I didn't have the Hoff I'd still not be able to downgrade blicavs. Most likely I'll downgrade him to a non-playing ruck worth $89k some time in the future.
If people traded the Hoff in last week that would be completely useless but he gained a nice $60k the week before when he scored 121 and that's the same amount m_zulian is getting for Gawn. This guy is way out of line, if you want to rip on somebody rip on the people who talked up Dangerfield or JPK and selected them but not people that made a trade which only worked to their advantage. Seriously why would he try to get in the faces of people for making a decision where the outcome was everything going their way??  ???