Main Menu

Official AFL Player Ratings

Started by Clyde Frog, April 29, 2013, 11:07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noz

So your saying stat wise over the past 40 games Rioli has been better than Jobe Watson

BB67th

Definitely Mitchell and Ablett as the top 2. I have no idea how Rioli makes it to number 5. There are 30 players that have had a better last couple of season than him at least.

Clyde Frog

Sorry but for some reason it cut out the rest of my post.

"Cyril Rioli (forward)
Because of the high value of possession in the forward half of the ground and inside 50, efficient use of the ball forward of centre is highly rewarded. Cyril Rioli's kicking efficiency in the forward half of the ground in 2012 ranked ninth of the 142 players with 100 or more kicks. When Rioli kicked the ball into the forward line he found a mark 31% of the time - ranked third of the top 75 players of inside 50 kicks. Rioli ranked first in the competition for tackles laid inside the forward 50 in 2012 and sixth for total pressure applied in the forward half."

BB67th

Well it wasn't who we expected up at number 2. It's actually Joel Selwood.

Holz

Quote from: BB67th on May 09, 2013, 08:33:47 AM

makes sense didnt realise it was the last 40 games i thought it was last season. Sewlood marginally high at 2, I would put him around 3-4.

PowerBug

Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

Ziplock

Quote from: BB67th on May 09, 2013, 08:33:47 AM

I did call selwood initially...

I really think cox/ mitchell got screwed in these rankings though :P

BB67th

Yeah Cox and Mitchell have definitely been better than Cyril.

Toga

And surprise surprise who is number one?

PowerBug

wut a joke. Surely it had to be Dangerfield? :o :P
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

Toga

Tomorrow's headline in the 'Tiser, PB ::) :P

Ziplock

Quote from: PowerBug on May 09, 2013, 01:08:32 PM
wut a joke. Surely it had to be Dangerfield? :o :P

I dunno, I think taylor walker's better personally. y waznt he no1?S?S!

BB67th

Quote from: Toga on May 09, 2013, 12:48:44 PM
And surprise surprise who is number one?

You mean it's not Zac Dawson  :o :o :o

Toga

So the full list has been released and it looks like there has been some changes in the rankings... Dangerfield has moved up to #7... ???

Lost all credibility to me when I saw it has ranked Lewis Jetta in the top 40 ahead of McPharlin, Harry Taylor, Ted Richards, the list goes on... ::)

Scrads

Quote from: Ziplock on May 08, 2013, 10:44:25 AM
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-05-08/official-afl-player-ratings-no3

pendles pulls out third :P

I'm really thinking it's going to be ablett + mitchell (otherwise mitchell will have been stiffed chronically). Lovely to see, once again, that these rankings contain so much positional bias... only franklin is a non-midfielder, and rioli the only partial midfielder...

I really wish they'd come up with a system that could give more recognition to non mids.

THIS.

The top 100 has 2 'defending' defenders in Scott Thompson and Harry Taylor. The top 36 players include 32 midfielders. Its basically just the Brownlow (midfielder medal) without the medal.