AXV Rising Star & Team of the Week

Started by Toga, April 25, 2013, 10:44:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toga

I'll update it once-off at the end of the season Lez, just too much work to do each week... Takes a long time. :-\

Justin Bieber

Lazy :P

I just wanted to see my prize recruit be in the top few players of the year ;)

Toga

Haha sorry lez (and others).

If you wanna do it by all means go ahead :P

Justin Bieber

More to show off.. how much of a spud, your boy Jroo (the player) is.

Toga

Haha, yeah Scooter is doing well. It might add an element of surprise, you might see Scoots in the All-Asian team at the end of the year! ;)

Justin Bieber

A 4 time nomination so far. I think the only one above is Ablett. A few maybe equal though.

tbagrocks

Time to brag ;)  Lairdy! Round 35 pick 8)

Who knew, non of you which is why I left him till 35  ;D

Saw Lairdy a few times thanks to Westies getting the Sat ABC game and wanting to see Crouchy! Laird was as good as Crouch most of the time 8)

Memphistopheles

Quote from: tbagrocks on June 04, 2013, 05:56:19 PM

Saw Lairdy a few times thanks to Westies getting the Sat ABC game and wanting to see Crouchy! Laird was as good as Crouch most of the time 8)

Bragging time is it?

Ablett...#winning
Vlastuin...#winning
Dolphins...#winning

Noz

Toga

Quote from: tbagrocks on June 04, 2013, 05:56:19 PM

Tbagger, if you missed the memo, Laird didn't get the Rising Star nomination. :P

nostradamus

Does Josh Thomas qualify? ........he scored 149 this week

Noz

Rules.

*Each round, one player (who is eligible for the AFL rising star award) who achieves the highest score in the SportsBet scoring method will be awarded a nomination for the rising star award.
*The winner of the award at season's end will be the nominee with the highest season average.

Nothing says that a player can not be nominated twice in one season,

Give Tom Mitchell another nomination

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Noz on June 11, 2013, 01:34:30 PM
Rules.

*Each round, one player (who is eligible for the AFL rising star award) who achieves the highest score in the SportsBet scoring method will be awarded a nomination for the rising star award.
*The winner of the award at season's end will be the nominee with the highest season average.

Wines would be like 3-4 time nominee.

Toga

Quote from: nostradamus on June 11, 2013, 11:18:21 AM
Does Josh Thomas qualify? ........he scored 149 this week

No he doesn't he was 21 by the 1st of January making him ineligible. :-\

Quote from: Noz on June 11, 2013, 01:34:30 PM
Rules.

Nah we'll limit it to one nomination per player just like the AFL.

Team and nominee will be up soon.

Toga

Congratulations to Tibet's Ben Kennedy on earning a nomination for the 2013 AXV Rising Star Award, after his 118 point effort on the weekend.

And for this week's team of the week:

Round 11:
Coach: Memphistopheles (Taiwan)
Captain: J.Waite (Australia)
D: B.Gibbs (KL), D.Heppell (PNG), J.Carlisle (Bangkok), T.McKenzie (Australia)
M: R.O'Keefe (Mongolia), T.Mitchell (Turkey), J.Selwood (Bangladesh), K.Jack (Sri Lanka)
R: M.Kreuzer (Taiwan)
F: J.Waite (Australia), T.Cloke (Manila), J.Cameron (Tibet), J.Podsiadly (Sri Lanka)
U: D.Hannebery (Kathmandu), D.Swan (Manila)

Bad luck to Mongolia's Jonathon Giles who would have made the team had he have been named.