AXV Rising Star & Team of the Week

Started by Toga, April 25, 2013, 10:44:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

Toga

Quote from: Memphistopheles on April 29, 2013, 11:45:33 AM
Always a good sign when you have two of your midfielders in the team of the week :D

Gaz and Zaka ftw.

Winderlich must have come close as well with his 152.

Almost as good as top scoring defender on 181, and second placed forward on 190 ;) :P

Winderlich about 10 points off the money, came pretty close though. :)

Ricochet

Toga would it be hard to keep a running total of weekly nominations? Would be interesting to see how many representatives each team has had, or maybe how many times a player has made the team of the week.
If its too hard then no biggy

Toga

Hey mate I have a lot on my plate for the next two weeks, after that I'll get onto it :)

Will do representatives per team, and individual representations I think..

Toga

Just realised, Trent McKenzie did not feature in Australia's team this week so wasn't eligible for selection here. Brendon Goddard comes in for McKenzie.

Toga

One thing that's hard to do is keeping track of all the guys that are in the running for nominations for the Rising Star - it's hard to keep everyone in mind. It'd be a great help if you guys could help me out by maybe posting if one of your guys could be in line for a nomination this week (i.e. is a rising star eligible player that posted a good score this week). Would really help.

For this week (haven't checked SB scores yet) names that spring to mind are Nick Vlastuin and Sam Mayes. Any others?

Also due to personal commitments the team of the week will probably be up tomorrow, but maybe on tuesday depending on where I'm at. :)

Toga

Well I'm gonna say Nick Vlastuin is this week's rising star with 100 points unless anyone thinks one of their players scored better?

Toga

Round 6:
Coach: Toga (Mongolia)
Captain: P.Dangerfield (Tibet)
D: H.O'Brien (Bangkok), C.Enright (Taiwan), D.Myers (Vietnam), B.Goddard (Manila)
M: P.Dangerfield (Tibet), M.Murphy (Mongolia), C.Masten (Australia), T.Adams (Bangkok)
R: D.Cox (Turkey)
F: J.Bartel (Hong Kong), S.Johnson (Mongolia), T.Cloke (Manila), N.Riewoldt (Bangladesh)
U: A.Christensen (UAE), S.Pendlebury (Kuala Lumpur)

Adamant

Quote from: Toga on May 06, 2013, 12:04:58 PM
Well I'm gonna say Nick Vlastuin is this week's rising star with 100 points unless anyone thinks one of their players scored better?

Michael Evans from the Bears?

Toga

Thanks Ad, didn't realise Evans was eligible...

Started the year on 9 games and is only 20 so yep, he trumps Vlastuin this week. :)

Adamant

Haha I got the idea of Evans from the WXV rising star. :P

Just remembered though, he scored 111 (DT) in round 4 I think. Does that mean he beats Crouch for the honour in round 4, but Vlastuin can get the nominee this week?

Toga

Right you are again. 157 in round 4, so Crouch is without a nomination as Evans takes round 4's nomination and Vlastuin gets this week. :)

Adamant

KoopKicka

I thought the rising star nominee had to play the game for their AXV side?

Toga

Problem with that, Koop, is that not many youngsters will really be getting games so for the nominations I think its just easiest to go with highest scoring RS eligible player each week.

If that's ok with everyone?