Oh for Evans sake (i give cheer)

Started by its me lads, April 23, 2013, 11:56:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which Option?

Option 1
Option 2

its me lads

Option 1 is the double downgrade. Viney-->Evans + Jacobs-->Mayes (dpp) leaving 415k so the following week I can do 2 upgrades which would be Watson + Hartlett in or Stevie J/Buddy and Hartlett in, most likely. Players could change but you get the idea.

Option 2. is a downgrade and an upgrade. Viney-->Evans + Jacobs-->Stevie J/Buddy leaving 66k and then an upgrade and a downgrade next week which could be Watson + Docherty in for Moloney and Stevenson or a defensive upgrade using dpp. Once again players coming in/out could vary.

Main Points: Option 1 Acquiring both Evans and Mayes, possibly costing points.
Option 2  Only getting Evans, missing out on Mayes but bringing in points.

If you want to see my team here it is.

http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,78530.0.html

Open up guys, keen to hear what everyone has to say and everyone will get a cheer. Open to suggestions.

dillez

I think it'll depend on how much money your making elsewhere, if you think your making enough then bring in a keeper, think that what I am gonna do, hello Franklin  8)

Scrads

If you are ranked outside the top 5000 then do the upgrade this week to try and get a minor jump in points, but if you are top 5k then stack the cash to help you achieve domination later :)

Money

I like option 2, I'm not a fan of having that much in the bank at a time, and either way you will still only be upgrading 2 players

Mr.Craig

There'll be other rookies that come along, it's not critical to get both Mayes and Evans. Pick one to replace Viney and upgrade with your other trade.

TMurphBROWNLOW

yep definitely option 2, you wanna stay in the running and you'll just lose too many points by double downgrading one week and only upgrading the next.

pick up evans over mayes, and buddy over stevie J. hawthorn plays north... 13 goals... good memories :)

its me lads

Quote from: dillez on April 24, 2013, 12:04:25 AM
I think it'll depend on how much money your making elsewhere, if you think your making enough then bring in a keeper, think that what I am gonna do, hello Franklin  8)

I am making a fair bit elsewhere.

Quote from: Scrads on April 24, 2013, 12:07:43 AM
If you are ranked outside the top 5000 then do the upgrade this week to try and get a minor jump in points, but if you are top 5k then stack the cash to help you achieve domination later :)

i'm ranked 4607 haha, this is tough.

Quote from: Money on April 24, 2013, 12:09:17 AM
I like option 2, I'm not a fan of having that much in the bank at a time, and either way you will still only be upgrading 2 players
True

Quote from: Mr.Craig on April 24, 2013, 12:12:20 AM
There'll be other rookies that come along, it's not critical to get both Mayes and Evans. Pick one to replace Viney and upgrade with your other trade.

Thats very true, I feel myself getting carried away like I HAVE to get both, very valid point. If i get just 1 it'll be Evans.

Quote from: TMurphBROWNLOW on April 24, 2013, 12:13:51 AM
yep definitely option 2, you wanna stay in the running and you'll just lose too many points by double downgrading one week and only upgrading the next.

pick up evans over mayes, and buddy over stevie J. hawthorn plays north... 13 goals... good memories :)

Man, I was leaning towards Stevie J..  ???  That is the thing about Buddy, it's those ridiculous games that you want him to be in your team for.

keep the advice coming guys, really appreciate the thoughts

Cheers all round.

Scrads

I don't think buddy has a chance in he'll of replicating last years performance v the roos though. If the coaching panel does not put enough homework into stopping buddy after what he did to them last year then they deserve the sack. Surely that is #1 on their mind especially if going through tapes.

powersuperkents

Option 2 easily :) The point of downgrading is so you can upgrade and eventually complete your team. Me and all the other people double downgrading are only doing so because we don't have the spare cash available or peaked rookies to afford an upgrade

Option 2 takes you one step closer to completing your dreamteam

Option 1 pockets you cash but pretty much leaves you in the same position

Premium>Rook 24 hours a day, 7 days a week :)

Andrew

Quote from: Scrads on April 24, 2013, 12:41:04 AM
I don't think buddy has a chance in he'll of replicating last years performance v the roos though. If the coaching panel does not put enough homework into stopping buddy after what he did to them last year then they deserve the sack. Surely that is #1 on their mind especially if going through tapes.

You don't think the North coaching panel put time into Lance Franklin last time around? Unfortunately the question of how to stop him isn't easily answered... Yes, unlikely he'll score 200 again but I'm thinking 150 is a good chance.

Quote from: Mr.Craig on April 24, 2013, 12:12:20 AM

What other forward rookies are coming up? Paparone, Setanta O'hAlpin and Tom Lee? Slim pickings, it makes Mayes a lock, at least. And I can't think of many other midfielders who will be worthwhile either... Hopefully Morabito can make a return late in the season, but even if he does he'll be a lock for the vest. Kane Mitchell for a late season return, perhaps? I think we'll be scraping the barrel for good cash cows from here on in, unfortunately.

its me lads

Quote from: Scrads on April 24, 2013, 12:41:04 AM
That is very true but you would think he will still do well. Now leaning towards sj again.

Quote from: powersuperkents on April 24, 2013, 12:56:55 AM
Option 2 easily :) The point of downgrading is so you can upgrade and eventually complete your team. Me and all the other people double downgrading are only doing so because we don't have the spare cash available or peaked rookies to afford an upgrade

Option 2 takes you one step closer to completing your dreamteam

Option 1 pockets you cash but pretty much leaves you in the same position

Premium>Rook 24 hours a day, 7 days a week :)

Yeah true thanks for the advice, I see what yo mean there and it's a very persuading point

Sweetness

I'm in the same boat as you mate. Leaning towards the double downgrade (to get rid of Viney and Kommer)

However what I feel like people are missing is the abundance of rookies on the bubble next week.
ie Kerridge, Docherty, Paparone, Gawn, Daw

I don't think Stevie J or Buddy will go up much this week so you may be able to hold off on that trade...

Ricochet

How about this week
Viney to Evans
Stevenson to Docherty

Next week
Jacobs to Buddy/SJ
Moloney to Jelwood/Murphy

OR

Next week
Jacobs to Robinson/Zorko
Pittard to Hanley/Grimes

powersuperkents

Quote from: Ricochet on April 24, 2013, 09:35:45 AM
How about this week
Viney to Evans
Stevenson to Docherty

Next week
Jacobs to Buddy/SJ

OR

Next week
Jacobs to Robinson/Zorko
Pittard to Hanley/Grimes
Is Docherty on the bubble? Because if he is I'll make that trade instead of Caf/Neade -> Mayes

Ricochet

Quote from: powersuperkents on April 24, 2013, 10:44:11 AM
Quote from: Ricochet on April 24, 2013, 09:35:45 AM
How about this week
Viney to Evans
Stevenson to Docherty

Next week
Jacobs to Buddy/SJ

OR

Next week
Jacobs to Robinson/Zorko
Pittard to Hanley/Grimes
Is Docherty on the bubble? Because if he is I'll make that trade instead of Caf/Neade -> Mayes
nah only played the 1