Buddy or Stevie J

Started by chaosAD, April 23, 2013, 05:39:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chaosAD

Im outing Viney and MRobbo this week for Evans and either one of these two,
Not sure who to go, Buddy has North this week and Stevie J has the Bulldogs
both will score well, im leaning towards Johnson but someone help me decide please!

Money

I like Johnson, never been a fan of Buddy, but even if you do choose Buddy you have to make sure you have Johnson when Geelong plays Melbourne, GWS, GC ect.

bslinger

Short term johnson, loves beating up weaker sides, great record against the dogs too.  Both are keepers though, can't go wrong either way.

Toga

Stevie-J comes into my side next week, and Buddy sometime after his byes :)

elephants

Ideally, I am looking to bring in both very soon. But for me I'm getting in SJ first :)

popedelio

Do you guys remember Buddy kicking 13 on NM last season. Buddy has also been playing very strongly. But as others say both are keepers, not much can go wrong.

Toga

Quote from: popedelio on April 23, 2013, 06:17:44 PM
Do you guys remember Buddy kicking 13 on NM last season. Buddy has also been playing very strongly. But as others say both are keepers, not much can go wrong.

yeah ofc haha but will it happen again? :o :o

Windigo

Stevie J's run to the bye:

Dogs: 89 average ( 148, 78 & 143 last 3)

Tigers: 99 average (143, 92 & 153 last 3)

Bombers: 88 average ( 107, 110 & 96 last 3)

Pies: 94 average

Port: 83 average

Suns: 158 average  ::)

Giants: 148 average

Buddy's run to the bye:

Roos: 89 average (206, 86 & 98 last 3)

Crows: 78 average (118, 73 & 103 last 3)

Swans: 79 average (71, 67 & 144 last 3)

Giants: Who knows.

Suns: Who knows.

Dees: 92 average

Spanner221

I'm in the same situation, but at the moment I'm thinking that cloke may be the way to go

its me lads

Stevie J is more consistent and Windis stats show that but Buddy is a bloke that you sometimes you just need. Ideally i'd take both but if i was choosing 1 I would probably lean towards Stevie J. Not an easy decision by any means though.

me

geelong seem to be playing their whole team through the mids these days (except for bartel who's now back/forward pocket)

it's a 50/50 call, buddy could easily replicate his THIRTEEEEEN, north have no answer to him, and won't again on the weekend

elephants

I think North have improved though as a team and look to be in good early form. Scott Thompson has defintely improved this year so I do think they have an answer to him.
Some real holes in the Hawks team as well (due to injury).

powersuperkents

Toughest decision for everyone over the next 2-3 weeks :)

I honestly don't know. Buddy is the better one out of the two in consistency (not that you would call any forward consistent (Walters is probably the most consistent forward of the year in terms of the same consecutive scores). Stevie J is just so tempting, if you wanted a POD forward who is also a superstar it would be Stevie J

Pick either they are basically the same, I can separate them but Buddy will be a more vital choice as you don't want to come up against a team with him. But if I were in your position I'd pick the one who is about to rise in price

elephants

Don't think SJ will be unique for long!

me

Quote from: elephants on April 23, 2013, 07:11:48 PM
I think North have improved though as a team and look to be in good early form. Scott Thompson has defintely improved this year so I do think they have an answer to him.
Some real holes in the Hawks team as well (due to injury).

gonna diagree here :P

thompson was on him last year wasn't he? don't really see how injuries will affect buddy's performance - and let's face it NM are going to get flogged by hawthorn (can't play outside of etihad)

additionally, he hasn't been that great and not sure he's improved at all from last year (sure he was good against brisbane, but who wasn't?), cloke toweled him up r1, and hawkins was decent on him as well iirc

tbh i think buddy's contract negotiations are more of a reason not to go with him than scott thompson lol