Main Menu

ANZAC DAY

Started by silloc, April 22, 2013, 12:53:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

silloc

most important day of the home & away season, I need your opinions/analysis. Anything that might affect the games out come, player or coaching strat. player match-ups. possible ins-outs...

i'm freakin out... we need this win, to prove we don't flower around

Ziplock

matches like this are too hard to predict, even when there are huge discrepencies between the competiting teams ability. At this point, essendon and collingwood are even enough that it could go eitherway. I really think it'll come down to  hockings tag on (probably pendles), and cloke vs his opponent.

If one of those run  rampant, you're going to have a hard time. If they both go though...

kilbluff1985

I already made a post about this in the AFL section but this is kinda different

Depending on the weather given Collingwoods injury worries in defense I think it's justified playing Gumby, Crameri and Daniher to really stretch them but really depends on the weather

Carlisle on Cloke is prob a key match up if he only kicks 2 or 3 gives us a real chance

Hird said Hurley won't play but Fletch might

Not sure who Hocking will go to Pendles or Swan

DazBurg

last year it was Swan who killed us 42 disposals and 3 goals 1
and we still lost by a point only
but cloke is in form swannie in form
no hurley and no fletcher aswell

will be a super tight game and cannot wait to watch it  ;D

coolfugitiv0

The 'G will be singing "Good old Essendon forever!" at the end of the game.
Wait what? But seriously I think it's too close to call. Carlisle is certainly up for the task on Cloke.

My prediction: Gumby to kick the matchwinner after the siren ;)

silloc

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on April 22, 2013, 01:21:29 PM
I already made a post about this in the AFL section but this is kinda different

Depending on the weather given Collingwoods injury worries in defense I think it's justified playing Gumby, Crameri and Daniher to really stretch them but really depends on the weather

Carlisle on Cloke is prob a key match up if he only kicks 2 or 3 gives us a real chance

Hird said Hurley won't play but Fletch might

Not sure who Hocking will go to Pendles or Swan

lol sorry dude, didn't actually know there were seprate threads within the afl section. thought that bit was just all the posts from the boards.

anyway, think they might chuck a stronger body on cloke (hooker) but i would like to see carlisle on him, pricks got a bit of fire about him.

i also think NLM will come in for merret

kilbluff1985

Carlisle did a job on Walker should be as strong as Cloke I'd say

AFEV

Ryder is not exactly a monster and has blanketed Cloke in the last. Hurley has as well, although he is a bit bigger.

We are missing 3 of our top 5 most important players (IMO) so it is a massive ask.

Shows how good our KP depth is though.

Gumbleton can cover Hurley.
Hille can cover Ryder.
Pears can cover Fletcher.

Joe D can cover any one of Belly/Ryder/Hurley/Crameri.

I wonder if there is another team in the comp with such dangerous 3rd-4th string talls...

nostradamus

l just hope Hooker doesn't play on Cloke, he gets monstered by power forwards. Give young Carlisle the job and have someone coming across as the 3rd player up

silloc

i actually thought hooker was bigger than 98kg, guess it does make sense then. hope pears steps up.

maybe tag both swan and penders

T Dog

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on April 22, 2013, 05:21:57 PM
Carlisle did a job on Walker should be as strong as Cloke I'd say

c'mon...not even close.. 8)