Main Menu

Boston Marathon

Started by Cicjose, April 16, 2013, 12:35:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cicjose

http://www.news.com.au/world-news/reports-of-explosion-near-finish-line-of-boston-marathon/story-fndir2ev-1226621194152

PRESIDENT Obama has warned the United States 'not to jump to conclusions' after two blasts killed three and
wounded more than 120 in Boston this morning.

Two bombs exploded in the packed streets near the finish line of the Boston Marathon on Monday,
killing two people and injuring more than 130 in a terrifying scene of shattered glass,
bloodstained pavement and severed limbs at the world's oldest and most prestigious marathon.

Reports state up to five other un-exploded bombs have been found since then.

KoopKicka

while its sad, I side with Tristan Barker on this one to an extent. No mention of the Iraq bombings last night which killed 34? Just because it happened in America doesnt mean its a massive, massive tragedy. Sure I think its a horrible thing, and the group/persons/person should be brought to justice. But its been blown slightly out of proportion.

Grazz

Another horrible and cowardly act. Heart goes out to Boston and to those killed and injured as well as the families and those that witnessed it.

It is very true KK what you say but i choose to see it like this mate. The media are not a true representation of the human race, they are a callous money driven entity where as the majority of the human race see all incidents such as these wherever they occur
as a tragedy when made aware of them. We all should say when will this end when will the innocent once be safe again regardless of colour and creed. I hope all say "God bless the innocent" each time one of these incidents is shown to us regardless of where in the world it takes place. Don't let the media define who we are by what they choose or don't choose to broadcast but have in you compassion and sorrow for every victim wherever or whoever they may be and for those that don't or can't then they should have a long hard look at themselves. I think we only speak of this event here today because it is a sporting forum and it occured in a marathon not because it was an attack on America or atleast i hope this is the case. As i said in another thread i'm not an overly religious man but i know no God would forgive or condone what these cowards do and there is no place reserved in Heaven only a spot in Hell for eternity for those who perpetrate these crimes against the innocent.

Noz

In case you haven't heard.

The 2 suspects were brothers the older brother was killed on thursday night (USA time) and the younger brother was arrested late friday night (USA time)

3 other suspects were reportedly arrested.

McRooster

Quote from: KoopKicka on April 16, 2013, 12:39:26 PM
But its been blown slightly out of proportion.
Poor choice of words KK  >:(

If your house is broken into there is an overwhelming sense of violation and disgust. You want immediate vengeance and recompense against those that have invaded your space, correct?

Like it or not we have welcomed America and its people into our lounge rooms via media pressures, our military allegiances and our cultural similarities with respect to freedom and choice. When somebody invades our lounge rooms we get mad and the media and the perpetrators know that. It is in front of our tv's and computers we take most notice of what is going on in the world and if some dickhead wants to be noticed, then grab your popcorn and your remote, sit back and shake your head and watch on as most do nothing but comment as if we are all defence experts.

I mean, real extremists will never be wiped out -  how do you stop someone who stares down the barrel of a gun and only sees paradise?

The Americanisation of our trained response is to say 'shoot the flowering lot of them' and hence the perpetuance of our hatred.

My absolute heart goes out to those who have suffered loss in this tragedy.

silloc

Quote from: McRooster on April 20, 2013, 11:08:51 PM
Quote from: KoopKicka on April 16, 2013, 12:39:26 PM
But its been blown slightly out of proportion.
Poor choice of words KK  >:(

If your house is broken into there is an overwhelming sense of violation and disgust. You want immediate vengeance and recompense against those that have invaded your space, correct?

Like it or not we have welcomed America and its people into our lounge rooms via media pressures, our military allegiances and our cultural similarities with respect to freedom and choice. When somebody invades our lounge rooms we get mad and the media and the perpetrators know that. It is in front of our tv's and computers we take most notice of what is going on in the world and if some dickhead wants to be noticed, then grab your popcorn and your remote, sit back and shake your head and watch on as most do nothing but comment as if we are all defence experts.

I mean, real extremists will never be wiped out -  how do you stop someone who stares down the barrel of a gun and only sees paradise?

The Americanisation of our trained response is to say 'shoot the flowering lot of them' and hence the perpetuance of our hatred.

My absolute heart goes out to those who have suffered loss in this tragedy.

not a poor choice of words, he is right. we don't need to know every single flowerin detail and what they ate before they died. when in actual fact the road toll for that day probably had more deaths and injuries. bunch of flower heads blowin shower up, first successful attempt since 9-11. If anything its a good thing, shows how rare it is now, and how quickly they can catch them.

its called sensationalism, media are twisting/emphasising stories to get the largest emotional response for profit.

the Iraq fatalities were more important because that wasn't random senseless violence, that was against the upcoming election and the voters. last time I checked its a basic human right to vote and not get exploded