Main Menu

Most Underrated player in the game?

Started by KoopKicka, April 15, 2013, 09:26:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

henry

Just saw this thread, I agree Tuck shouldn't be winning. Speaking with hawks bias I think sewell is definitely underrated wins so much of the hard ball every game. Mitchell to an extent too, though if he wins a brownlow which he deserves to this may change.

Outside of the hawks I think Alan Toovey is an absolute gun, one of the best defenders in the comp and I have also been impressed with henderson recently.

SydneyRox

By definition it still has to be Ted Richards.

Cant even get his name on the poll listing underrated in a discussion about under rated players!!  :o

Since we all also agree Tuck cant win, should reset the poll and try again.

Ziplock

well... richards was AA last year, so clearly rated...

AFEV

Quote from: Ziplock on June 10, 2013, 01:47:43 PM
well... richards was AA last year, so clearly rated...
Yeah got to agree here, I have him as a top 3 defender in the competition. It's just that defenders don't really get that much recognition. McPharlin is far and away the best CHB in the competition, yet he rarely gets a mention.

SydneyRox

He won an AA and a lot of people still underestimate how much he does!

If getting AA is the opposite of under rated I guess you are right!

stew42

SydneyRox

kilbluff1985

Quote from: SydneyRox on June 10, 2013, 09:56:32 PM
Quote from: stew42 on June 10, 2013, 03:23:37 PM
*chants* LRT! LRT! LRT! LRT!

best swingman in the league !!

was maybe

but cough Carlisle cough is now the best

SydneyRox

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on June 10, 2013, 10:04:00 PM

was maybe

he played pretty well up fwd, but was smashed in defence. could play more fwd. Hurley needs to be permanent back, he was great

Spinking

Reckon Stevie Milne could get a guernsey as most under rated.

I'm not a fan of Milney, and I think he isn't rated by many because he is a pest and does some genuinely stupid things at times. Having said that 600 odd goals has him up there with the best small forwards going around, and he can definitely turn a game.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: SydneyRox on June 10, 2013, 10:08:04 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on June 10, 2013, 10:04:00 PM

was maybe

he played pretty well up fwd, but was smashed in defence. could play more fwd. Hurley needs to be permanent back, he was great

yeah but normally is just as good in defense the delivery into Carlton's forward line was pretty hard to stop

elephants

Quote from: Spinking on June 10, 2013, 10:45:58 PM

I'm not a fan of Milney, and I think he isn't rated by many because he is a pest and does some genuinely stupid things at times. Having said that 600 odd goals has him up there with the best small forwards going around, and he can definitely turn a game.

Have to agree here, he was amazing on the weekend. So creative and dangerous forward of center!

quinny88

Quote from: elephants on June 10, 2013, 10:58:56 PM

Have to agree here, he was amazing on the weekend. So creative and dangerous forward of center!

I dont think Milne is underrated. He is a 2 time All Australian and has won the St.kilda goalkicking multiple times. He is also regularly mentioned in debates about who is the best small forward ever to play. He will be a st.kilda and AFL hall of famer after he retires so he is hated yes but not underrated haha

elephants

Quote from: quinny88 on June 11, 2013, 05:37:55 PM

I dont think Milne is underrated. He is a 2 time All Australian and has won the St.kilda goalkicking multiple times. He is also regularly mentioned in debates about who is the best small forward ever to play. He will be a st.kilda and AFL hall of famer after he retires so he is hated yes but not underrated haha

You can still be underrated and lead the goal kicking :P Goal kicking simply means you kick the most goals and doesn't come down to opinion at all.

I've thought about this a fair bit and I actually am not sure he is hugely under-rated. I think he is a bit under-rated (ie, he is a better player than people give him credit for) but there are more who are better that get less attention.

quinny88

Quote from: elephants on June 11, 2013, 05:52:14 PM
Quote from: quinny88 on June 11, 2013, 05:37:55 PM

You can still be underrated and lead the goal kicking :P Goal kicking simply means you kick the most goals and doesn't come down to opinion at all.

I've thought about this a fair bit and I actually am not sure he is hugely under-rated. I think he is a bit under-rated (ie, he is a better player than people give him credit for) but there are more who are better that get less attention.

haha I know but my point was that he has trophies in the cabinet so its not as if he hasnt been recognised for anything like alot of small forwards. Every time he plays a good game he gets mentioned along with the games great small forwards so certainly not underrated. Star of the game