Main Menu

Most Underrated player in the game?

Started by KoopKicka, April 15, 2013, 09:26:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

Richie Douglas. B&F winner that gets basically no credit out of SA

Dudge

I'd say Matty Broadbent is fairly underrated. Most interstate clubs wouldn't know who he is

kilbluff1985

Nathan Jones ?

Would do really well at a good team

Master Q

PFFFFFFFFFFTTTT BROUGHTON FOR GWS HAHAHAA

*for those who missed it*

"Phil DavisThe rock of the Giants defence, and apart from Bugg on occasions still doesnt get a lot of help. Only Giant to play all 22 games. Probably in the top 3 behind Ward and Giles as the most pivotal and needed players at GWS. Has Broughton for help this year but Broughton will probably go forward to cover the absence of Patton."

To be honest, I think Carlton have quite a few underrated players - Simpson, Hendo, Betts, Yarran to name a few. I think Hawthorn have a few as well, Sewell and Suckling are the first two that come to mind.

Noz

I still think:

Nick Smith is the most under rated player in the game he is probably the best small defender in the league but doesn't get the accolades. Would also actually say the entire Swans defence.

Bill Manspeaker

i'm gonna put my St Kilda hat on and say Sean Dempster. All Australian, does a job every week. injured atm and really hurting us

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Holzman on April 16, 2013, 10:37:53 PM
Ryan Crowley for me an unbelievable tagger and if he take someone like ablett out of a game regularly than he has as much value as the superstars of the comp. The fact he plays for a WA team adds to it, with the Eastern State bias.
Taggers tend to be underrated! Picken, Crowley and say Hocking do great jobs tagging, but rarely get mentioned among the best players. I agree, Crowley may pester some of the players, but can't argue with results when he holds some of the best players well back from their best.

My Chumps

Quote from: Noz on April 22, 2013, 08:58:26 PM
I still think:

Nick Smith is the most under rated player in the game he is probably the best small defender in the league but doesn't get the accolades. Would also actually say the entire Swans defence.
Amen. Just look at the job he did on Cyril in last years Grand Final.

I think Andrew Swallow of the above list. A fantastic leader and a killer player. Stepping up and getting a bit more recognition but still a greatly underrated player... And one of my favs :P

Jay

How is Shane Tuck leading the poll. The guy has been a mega-spud so far this year

Adamant

Luke McPharlin should be on the list.

Holz

I have changed my player.

Scott Thompson (north) is by far the omst underated player in the comp. One of the premier defenders and has stopped alot of good players this year. Held buddy to 0 goals this year.

Not only does he stop the games best but he hurts them on offense. He makes superstars accountable and has been racking up the ball and not letting his opponents touch it.

If he keeps this form up and isnt in AA considerations at least than its a joke.

Andrew Swallow has been Norths best this year but Thompson is a close second.

Tuck doesnt deserve to be on the list and definately doesnt deserve to be winning. I woudl say he is overated.

BB67th

Another one I was thinking of the other day is Harry Taylor. Now he is a premiership star and everything, but I seriously think he is close to being in the top 10 influential players in the league. The way he can intercept mark and read the ball while keeping an opponent quiet in defence is amazing. Add this forward capability he seems to have now developed as well and really I think he is definitely the most important man to Geelong's structure and could win them another premiership this year.

ADEZ

Yep, I reckon Luke McPharlin or Shaun Burgoyne who is terribly underrated, can turn any game on its head

TeeJay

I would say Tuck. He flies under the radar in a midfield with Cotchin, Deledio and Martin. Foley also very underrated at Richmond.

At my mob I think both Enright and Harry T are under rated outside of Geelong.

Crowley very underrated to. He does a job on the oppositions best mid week in week out but wouldnt be named in the top 50 mids in the comp

Donnie Brasco