Main Menu

U.S. Masters

Started by RiOtChEsS, April 15, 2013, 01:26:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

colmullet

So good to see him do what he's promised for years now. Watches him live on the driving range a few times and the way he strikes the ball has always been a class ahead of anyone on the range with him. Seriously if anyone goes to watch the golf this summer sit on the practice range behind this man and just admire his swing and the way the ball sizzles off his club, it's quite something to watch.

MajorLazer

Quote from: Grazz on April 16, 2013, 09:47:41 PM
Quote from: My Chumps on April 16, 2013, 08:33:59 PM
For me, this is the greatest sporting moment I've witnessed in my life (although I haven't been around for very long!).

At the Masters, the pinaccle of world golf, Scott fights off his mental demons to win in a two hole play off against the ice cool Angel Cabrera? No way did I ever see this coming.

I got up in 2011 to see Day and Scott get so close, and again got up last year for Scott at the British, but finally I was repayed yesterday morning. The country of Australia was repayed for so many gut wrenching losses and most importantly, Adam Scott finally got his first major. It was simply awesome - definielty worth missing the first session of school  8)

Seen some great moments in Australian sport but this goes up there with Australia II winning the Americas cup. It's huge. Those Aussies that enjoy golf would fully appreciate what he's done, weve waited for 77 years for an Aussie to win this title There were a few "Oh no not again moments" Cabrera nearly chipping in, nightmares of Norman came flooding back. Truely edge of the seat stuff.
Definitely one of the greatest moments I have been around for also, 2nd behind the 2005 World Cup qualifier in Sydney against Uruguay (Being there was amazing!!!!). I thought his celebration when he thought he had it on the first playoff hole was better than his celebration after he won though.

Grazz

Quote from: colmullet on April 16, 2013, 10:58:09 PM
So good to see him do what he's promised for years now. Watches him live on the driving range a few times and the way he strikes the ball has always been a class ahead of anyone on the range with him. Seriously if anyone goes to watch the golf this summer sit on the practice range behind this man and just admire his swing and the way the ball sizzles off his club, it's quite something to watch.

From someone that plays golf all be it very badly your spot on his swing is poetry in motion.

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: MajorLazer on April 16, 2013, 11:43:40 PM
Quote from: Grazz on April 16, 2013, 09:47:41 PM
Quote from: My Chumps on April 16, 2013, 08:33:59 PM
For me, this is the greatest sporting moment I've witnessed in my life (although I haven't been around for very long!).

At the Masters, the pinaccle of world golf, Scott fights off his mental demons to win in a two hole play off against the ice cool Angel Cabrera? No way did I ever see this coming.

I got up in 2011 to see Day and Scott get so close, and again got up last year for Scott at the British, but finally I was repayed yesterday morning. The country of Australia was repayed for so many gut wrenching losses and most importantly, Adam Scott finally got his first major. It was simply awesome - definielty worth missing the first session of school  8)

Seen some great moments in Australian sport but this goes up there with Australia II winning the Americas cup. It's huge. Those Aussies that enjoy golf would fully appreciate what he's done, weve waited for 77 years for an Aussie to win this title There were a few "Oh no not again moments" Cabrera nearly chipping in, nightmares of Norman came flooding back. Truely edge of the seat stuff.
Definitely one of the greatest moments I have been around for also, 2nd behind the 2005 World Cup qualifier in Sydney against Uruguay (Being there was amazing!!!!). I thought his celebration when he thought he had it on the first playoff hole was better than his celebration after he won though.
Absolutely, i did the same, usually watch the final rounds of Majors regardless of an Aussie being present, i remember watching the heartbreak/jinx of Norman as a kid, and thought for sure we were destined for heartbreak again, even my wife let out an almighty roar when he sunk both putts, amazing moment 8)