Should I lose my first premo for the 2013 season???

Started by powersuperkents, April 14, 2013, 11:52:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which Trade?

Zorko -> Mayes ($353k) (So far my favourite I lose a premium through doing it but the cash is to demanding :) ))
Zorko-> Westhoff $26k remaining but the Hoff can gain a lot of cash (still wouldn't call him a premo)
Zorko -> JJK $100+k I'm pretty sure but like Hoffy missed his first rise but could still pull in the the big $$ (don't class as a premo either)
Zorko-> Premo and which one? (preferably Stevie J or Buddy)(don't lose or gain a premium through this but is much more safe and reliable)

powersuperkents

Thank you everyone I'll be giving out cheers to people who provide helpful (not a bias rant but helpful suggestions, still comment if you have a bias rant because it may still be helpful) opinions/feedback and especially (in the case of JJK and Westhoff this may pose difficult) statistics

Thank you everyone who comments :)

Jukes

its me lads

I think from there Zorko to JJK is the best option. You don't class him as a premo yet but you never know, if he keeps pumping out big scores he'll find himself in my team for the whole year.

I'm in the same situation to you with Zorko. Need to get rid of him, the thing is I had JJK from the start so i'm looking to bring in possibly Lecras. If i went for a proper premo it would probably be Bartel.

powersuperkents

Quote from: Jukes on April 14, 2013, 11:55:37 PM
You should've jumped on JJK last week ::)
yeah I know, same can be said about Westhoff

powersuperkents

update
I can go
Mitchell -> Crouch
Zorko -> Stevie J

or
Zorko-> Mayes
Heath/Stevenson (most likely Stevenson because Heath has the better BE)-> Birchall (Really like the sound of this)

What do you all think??

powersuperkents

Alright I really like the Birchall trade... Unless anyone can convince me otherwise I'm going to do it

Seriously though look at this backline:
Birchall, Gibbs, Heppell, Goddard, Grimes, Goodes

It makes you want to cream your pants hahaha

seriously if anyone thinks they have a better backline speak now or forever hold your peace. Don't bring up my forward line though have to rotate Cox to make it look less shower (only Dusty and Rocky holding down the fort) ;)

Ajax22

No reason to cull the back rooks yet and Mitchell's perma sub. Also Crouch set to go up in price next week whilst Mayes has had one game. Just pick up Crouch and your choice of premo, personally I'm grabbing Buddy

powersuperkents

Quote from: Ajax22 on April 15, 2013, 12:17:58 AM
No reason to cull the back rooks yet and Mitchell's perma sub. Also Crouch set to go up in price next week whilst Mayes has had one game. Just pick up Crouch and your choice of premo, personally I'm grabbing Buddy
Mitchell was dropped so no worry about his BE I can down him for the next midfield rook. Birchall is to good to let get away

$1k short of Buddy as well mate. I'd have to go Stevie J but I could wait two weeks and get him when he's dropped price

Ajax22

Quote from: powersuperkents on April 15, 2013, 12:19:44 AM
Mitchell was dropped so no worry about his BE I can down him for the next midfield rook. Birchall is to good to let get away

$1k short of Buddy as well mate. I'd have to go Stevie J but I could wait two weeks and get him when he's dropped price

... Kane Mitchell yeah? He played, and scored 38 BE of 16.

Also Birchall will likely come back to the pack yet, from having him in the past he tends to look unstoppable at times in the season then come up with a few weeks of crap at some point. He's good to have but I wouldn't get too stressed about missing him early.

To be fair none of the forwards are really jumping out of the blocks at the moment but it feels like overkill in the backline with the amount of playing rooks down there. Surely one of Terlich/Port rooks can pull a decent score each week to fill the spot

powersuperkents

Quote from: Ajax22 on April 15, 2013, 12:29:58 AM

Also Birchall will likely come back to the pack yet, from having him in the past he tends to look unstoppable at times in the season then come up with a few weeks of crap at some point. He's good to have but I wouldn't get too stressed about missing him early.

To be fair none of the forwards are really jumping out of the blocks at the moment but it feels like overkill in the backline with the amount of playing rooks down there. Surely one of Terlich/Port rooks can pull a decent score each week to fill the spot
That is fair, mainly because my Birchall pick is purely based on emotion and that makes it irrational (but surely his new role makes you wonder what he is capable of). That is also a good point, the only forwards who have stood out so far have all been unexpected players who I still don't believe will maintain their scores (JJK, Westhoff (if port start winning I could seriously see him as a premo but I can never see JJK as one) whilst Stevie and Franklin etc have scored poorly and the only way is up whilst with Birchall he can only maintain or go down. The rookies is also a really good point. There are so many backline rookies and next to no forward rookies this season, this will make premium forwards a commodity as they will play week in, week out whilst backline rookies can also serve the exact same purpose. The last time I made an irrational trade was last week when I traded Fyfe to Watson hahaah the funny thing is I liked Fyfe I only traded him because I really wanted Watson and on Friday I realized how stupid I was for making the trade. Yes Watson will do better in the long run but Fyfe was a more than perfectly good player and I threw him away, lost cash and 43 points  :-\. I only got Stevenson to eventually upgrade him to a premium (Birchall or Stanley) but like you said it doesn't have to be now.

Really really good mate, you've given me a lot to think about. I'll be giving you three cheers for the input  ;D
What is your current backline and forwardline mate? :)

Ajax22

Quote from: powersuperkents on April 15, 2013, 12:41:32 AM

That is fair, mainly because my Birchall pick is purely based on emotion and that makes it irrational (but surely his new role makes you wonder what he is capable of). That is also a good point, the only forwards who have stood out so far have all been unexpected players who I still don't believe will maintain their scores (JJK, Westhoff (if port start winning I could seriously see him as a premo but I can never see JJK as one) whilst Stevie and Franklin etc have scored poorly and the only way is up whilst with Birchall he can only maintain or go down. The rookies is also a really good point. There are so many backline rookies and next to no forward rookies this season, this will make premium forwards a commodity as they will play week in, week out whilst backline rookies can also serve the exact same purpose. The last time I made an irrational trade was last week when I traded Fyfe to Watson hahaah the funny thing is I liked Fyfe I only traded him because I really wanted Watson and on Friday I realized how stupid I was for making the trade. Yes Watson will do better in the long run but Fyfe was a more than perfectly good player and I threw him away, lost cash and 43 points  :-\. I only got Stevenson to eventually upgrade him to a premium (Birchall or Stanley) but like you said it doesn't have to be now.

Really really good mate, you've given me a lot to think about. I'll be giving you three cheers for the input  ;D

Yeah just think a bit more on it through the week. Watson will be fine from now on, you would think last week was just a very good job by Crowley.

Got Gibbs, Hep, God + Rooks backline. Fwd has Rocky, Dusty, Robbo, Zorko (Buddy), Cox and JJK

I still don't rate Westhoff yet. Port have played the bottom 2 teams + the crows and they always lift for the showdowns. Westhoff even has a good record in the Showdowns so I'm refusing to read too much into it yet. Personally I've had enough of those dodgy forward picks and I'm just gonna look to stabilise it for a while with Buddy. Stevie J and Chappy should both do well for the season as well if your short of cash.

powersuperkents

Quote from: Ajax22 on April 15, 2013, 01:11:31 AM
Quote from: powersuperkents on April 15, 2013, 12:41:32 AM

Yeah just think a bit more on it through the week. Watson will be fine from now on, you would think last week was just a very good job by Crowley.

Got Gibbs, Hep, God + Rooks backline. Fwd has Rocky, Dusty, Robbo, Zorko (Buddy), Cox and JJK

I still don't rate Westhoff yet. Port have played the bottom 2 teams + the crows and they always lift for the showdowns. Westhoff even has a good record in the Showdowns so I'm refusing to read too much into it yet. Personally I've had enough of those dodgy forward picks and I'm just gonna look to stabilise it for a while with Buddy. Stevie J and Chappy should both do well for the season as well if your short of cash.
haha good I always like a man with integrity :). I am fully with you on the Westhoff status. I don't think he is a premo and the ship has pretty much sailed anyway. It's good to see your honest (the fact you don't have Birchall as well make you 100% credible (sorry I just have to ask people beforehand because a lot of people try and steer people away from players they already have that are performing well). I'm tossing it up between Birchall and Stevie J this week. Out of the two which do you think is the better trade. I already have 4 premos in the back and if I get Birchall I'll have only two premo forwards. I can have Birchall with ROcky & Martin or 4 premium backs and Rocky, Martin & Stevie J plus Stevie J has always been my first upgrade target. What do you think? Out of Birchall and Stevie J who will score/average more? :)

Adamant

Stevie J will average more than Birchall easy mate, and I think because you already have the 4 premo backs and a weaker forward line, he is better suited to your team.

However, I absolutely love Birch and have had him in my side the last two years (traded him in midway through 2011 and started with him last year). His consistency is just amazing and he's a shoe in for the top 6 defenders.

I had him locked at D3 for most of the pre-season, but got talked into Heppell as "he is younger and more room for improvement". I know Hepp has been a good pick, but I prefer Birch to him. I was never really keen on Heppell though, so started Duffield for a unique and underpriced defender. ::)

I still have faith that Duff can average 85+ and be a top 10 defender, but his start hasn't been that convincing. Seriously considering sideways trading him to Birch... should've done it last week. :(

But yeah, to answer your question - go Stevie J.

powersuperkents

Quote from: Adamant on April 15, 2013, 01:28:52 AM
Stevie J will average more than Birchall easy mate, and I think because you already have the 4 premo backs and a weaker forward line, he is better suited to your team.

However, I absolutely love Birch and have had him in my side the last two years (traded him in midway through 2011 and started with him last year). His consistency is just amazing and he's a shoe in for the top 6 defenders.

I had him locked at D3 for most of the pre-season, but got talked into Heppell as "he is younger and more room for improvement". I know Hepp has been a good pick, but I prefer Birch to him. I was never really keen on Heppell though, so started Duffield for a unique and underpriced defender. ::)

I still have faith that Duff can average 85+ and be a top 10 defender, but his start hasn't been that convincing. Seriously considering sideways trading him to Birch... should've done it last week. :(

But yeah, to answer your question - go Stevie J.
Exact same thing happened to me :) Stevie J would be more vital to my team and probably more vital to the Geelong team this year. A proven gun and always averages 10+ higher than Birchall every season. I had Birchall last year and loved him but Stevie J is the one player I've never had yet always wanted but never got the chance. I think I should take the chance. Stevenson has a lot more cash to make. Crouch will make some big bucks and Stevie J will be the king of my forwards, unlike Birchall who will eventually drop in price (then I can get him), won't king my backs (still believe Goddard and Gibbs with average higher by seasons end) and will keep me motivated to improve my backs without destroying my forwards which I would do if I brought in Mayes. Stevie J was like Birchall originally in my side but I dumped him because of his suspension. I think Stevie J will be a quality pick and is the right way to go Financially and Logically. :)

Thanks Adamant and Ajax I've given you both cheers and you've really helped me in finding the best decision so far ;D

powersuperkents

Stevie J is also unique at 3.71% ownership!!! But that will probably change with all the people dumping Zorko