WXV Round 6 - Cobras/Revolution top 4 claims

Started by ossie85, April 13, 2013, 02:59:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Round 6
(AFL Round 6)

Cape Town Cobras       v       New York Revolution       Newlands Cricket Ground
Paris Nice Lyon Reindeers       v       Mexico City Suns       Stade du Ray
Dublin Destroyers       v       Pacific Islanders       Crooke Park
Tokyo Samurai       v       Sao Paulo Pumas       National Olympic Stadium, Tokyo
Beijing Bears       v       Buenos Aires Armadillos       Beijing Olympic Park
Cairo Sands       v       Wellington Warriors       Borg El Arab Stadium, Alexandria, Egypt
New Delhi Tigers       v       Toronto Wolves       Tata Stadium, New Delhi
Seoul Magpies       v       Moscow Spetsnaz       Seoul World Cup Stadium
London Royals       v       Berlin Brewers       Stamford Bridge

Highlights:
The Cinco de Mayo (Spanish for 5th of May) clash, which is inspired from French-occupied Mexico, sees PNL and Mexico City face off against each other. The Reindeers have been hit with injury, and the Suns should win this clash comfortably.

Cape Town are in the top 4 and are playing very consistently without being dominant! The scores so far this year are 141, 141, 134, 140 and 140. Cripes. Meanwhile, New York have been all over the place! Scoring 132, 144, 134, 153 and very disappointing 124 last week. Which New York will show up? Both teams are 4-1 but I'll back the Revolution.

Dire straights for both the Islanders and Destroyers, as they sit 1-4 in 15th and 16th place in the ladder. Pacific's dramatic come from behind victory against Tokyo has been on the only highlight this year, before plummetting to a 52 point loss to Berlin and an embarrasing defeat to Wellington. Dublin, meanwhile, have yet to put the results on the board despite improving a lot this year. Finals seem out of reach for both, but Dublin look the better side.

Can Tokyo end the Pumas domininance this year? Form line says no unfortunately. Sao Paulo easily.

Buenos Aires defeat Beijing.

Amazingly, despite never scoring more than 119 this year, the Warriors have 2 victories! There score in round 5 would have been enough to defeat the Sands who were extremely disappointing. A danger game for Cairo? Maybe, but they should get there 3rd win of the year.

Wolves will even the ledger to 3-3 against the Tigers, despite New Delhi registering a win last week.

In one of the more interesting games this week, Seoul (2-3, 10th) take on Moscow (3-2, 8th) at home. Both teams will be pushing for the eight, with Seoul have good victories results this year, but have been disappointing since taking out the preseason cup. Moscow have surprised many, taking down Buenos Aires and the previously undefeated New York. I think Seoul have the form here.

In five rounds this year, London have outscored Berlin twice, Berlin have outscored London twice, and they both scored 136 in round 1. Its 3rd v 6th, and finals, top 4 and pride are on the line! I think the Royals midfield has shown a lot of spirit this year, and maybe too strong for the up-and-down Brewers.

AFEV

I G Birchall (c)
II C Dempsey
III D Heppell
IV S Fisher
V T Liberatore
VI A Gaff
VII K Stevens
VIII T Greene
IX J Giles
X T Cloke (vc)
XI J Jenkins
XII A Christensen
XIII M Paparone
XIV M Pyke
XV D Prestia

EMERGENCIES

A Siposs
B Smith
T McKenzie

Will be making changes later. Plenty of them.

Nige

DEF: D.Stanley, B.Goodes, N.Malceski, C.Newman
MID: D.Armitage, N.Dal Santo, S.Grigg, R.Douglas
RUC: S.Mumford
FWD: D.Hale, L.Breust, S.Rowe, L.Thomas
UTI: M.Jones, C.Pearce

EMG: M.Rischitelli, J.Gibson, M.Evans

Captain: R.Douglas
Vice Captain: D.Armitage

*Subject to change
*New graphic to come.

There are likely to be many changes made due to poor form of some senior players, the quality of some of our reserve players, plus injury and suspension.

Boomz

Tokyo  Samurai

Def: J. Carlisle, T. Richards, R. Henderson, B. Stratton
Mids: K. Jack (C), C. Judd(VC), L. Shuey, S. Selwood
Rucks: S. Hampson
Utilities: S. Mitchell, L. Parker
Forwards: S. Motlop, L. Dahlhaus, A. Fasolo, B. McGlynn

Emergencies: L. Jetta, N. Suban, T. West

OUT: Jetta (Omitted), Rivers (Injury), Kennedy (Omitted)
IN: Motlop, Henderson, Stratton

Mids performing and a few others occasionally but not often enough so time to make a few changes. Motlop is in good form and should have been in this week for Jetta (KB >:( :P) but he gets another chance now anyway. Kennedy was only in coz of injuries but we don't need him anymore so he goes out. Rivers injured again -.- Stratton not great but consistent and not terrible. Henderson wasn't great this week but the 2 before that he went well so he gets a go. West/Hampson is a toss up. Carlisle stays in for now but doubt he'll play as he's in a moonboot & why would they risk him against GWS so probably means Suban in.

Jukes

Moscow Spetsnaz

D: Shaw, Dixon (VC), Clarke, Frawley
M: Ward (C), Treloar, Tuck, Adams
R: NAITANUI
F: Martin, Monfries, Walters, Vickery
Int: Darling, Seedsman

Emg: Thomas, Hardingham, Sinclair

CrowsFan

Well boomz let's hope Motlop buckles under the pressure of facing off against his old club this week. Gunston may make an appearance for the Pumas if he trains hard this week, which would mean it could be Gunston vs Motlop. Funny if it came down to them for who wins the match!

Maca24

Mexico City Suns:

Def: B.Goddard (C), C.Enright, S.Hurn, J.Adcock.
Mids: S.Sidebottom (VC), S.Thompson, B.Ebert, B.Moloney.
Rucks: I.Maric.
Frwds: J.Bartel, N.Riewoldt, J.Lewis, S.Crameri.
Bench: L.Hodge, M.Lecras.
Emg: A.Goodes, B.Vince, B.Lake.

Boomz

Quote from: CrowsFan on April 28, 2013, 11:18:33 PM
Well boomz let's hope Motlop buckles under the pressure of facing off against his old club this week. Gunston may make an appearance for the Pumas if he trains hard this week, which would mean it could be Gunston vs Motlop. Funny if it came down to them for who wins the match!

If it even gets that close I'll take it as a win :-X :P Still think I smashed you in that trade  ;)

CrowsFan

Meh I disagree. Gunston averaged 77 last season without his subbed games. Started slowly this year, but games like today should become more regular. I truly believe he will be a 100+ averaging forward in a few seasons. Motlop has started this season well yes, but I just reckon in the future Gunston will be the stronger forward. Plus Gunston doesn't have the risk of losing forward status, Motlop does...

Nige

Seriously thinking about playing most of the Hieroglyphics regulars...

Might actually get us a win.  :o

CrowsFan

Despite being the highest scoring team in the league I'm still not happy with the performances of some of the players. Wallis and Jacobs have been dropped due to some below par performances the last 2 weeks, and need to find some form if they want to get back in to the squad. Roberton can feel a little aggrieved to be missing out, but Armstrong has impressed in the reserves the last 2 weeks and so deserves his first game in the seniors for the season. Gunston looked impressive last week and gets his return to the team after being dropped after round 1 and will be looking to perform against his previous club. Despite not excelling last week Duncan has put in some solid games for the Jaguars and will play his first game for the season.

Although we are going in heavy favourites against the Samurai I am still expecting 100% effort from all players, or there could be some more casualties next week...

Nails

QuoteBuenos Aires defeat Beijing.

Maybe we can use the reserves this week to make it interesting.

Ringo

London Royals Provisional Team for Round 6

Defenders:  REILLY, Brent; MACKIE, Andrew; O'BRIEN, Harry;  YOUNG, Tom
Mids:  STANTON, Brent;  BROADBENT, Matthew ; HANNEBERY, Daniel; McVEIGH, Jarrad
Ruck:  BELLCHAMBERS, Tom
Forwards: HILL, Josh;  LYNCH, Quentin; MAYNE, Chris;  BROWN, Johnathan
Utilities: REID, Ben ; PEARCE, Danyle
Emergencies: MACKAY, David, TUOHY, Zac ,PETTARD, Ricky 
Captain: STANTON, Brent
Vice - Captain: HANNEBERY, Daniel

My Chumps

Defence: G.Broughton, L.Spurr, C.Heath, T.Chaplin
Midfield: J.Watson (C), T.Cotchin, J.Kennedy (VC), R.O'Keefe
Fowrward:  C.Sylvia, J.Garlett, D.Thomas, T.Hawkins
Ruck: Z.Smith
Utilities: A.Cooney, C.Bird

Emerg: Cameron O'Shea, Jeremy Cameron, Edward Curnow

In: Tom Hawkins, Troy Chaplin
Out: Ed Curnow, Sam Dwyer

Quick shout out to new recruit Jeff Garlett who has been killing it of late. Averaging 100 for the season after 73 the year before. Perhaps a change in scenery is really what he needed! I'm claiming awesome predictions of improvement on my behalf :P

There are a number of underperforming players in my team that are currently causing me headaches. Dale Thomas and Greg Broughton, I'm looking at you!
Hoping for no late outs this week either after two (Hawkins + Pittard) cost me points last week. 

My Chumps