WXV Round 7 - Wolves to test top 4 claims against Revolution

Started by ossie85, April 13, 2013, 02:58:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Making some threads for the future :)  By the time they come round, you may have to go looking for them!

To avoid controversy, teams can be accepted for the round for membership points purposes ON the hour after the last game of the round finishes (i.e. if the last game finishes at 5:45pm, teams can be accepted from 6:00pm --> Will use fanfooty clock).

Round 7
(AFL Round 7)

Sao Paulo Pumas       v       Cape Town Cobras       Estádio do Pumas
Buenos Aires Armadillos       v       Pacific Islanders       Estadio de River
Wellington Warriors       v       Mexico City Suns       The Basin Reserve
Toronto Wolves       v       New York Revolution       Rogers Centre, Toronto
Moscow Spetsnaz       v       Paris Nice Lyon Reindeers       Luzhniki Stadium, Moscow
Berlin Brewers       v       Dublin Destroyers       Olympic Stadium, Berlin
London Royals       v       Tokyo Samurai       Lords
Seoul Magpies       v       Beijing Bears       Seoul World Cup Stadium
New Delhi Tigers       v       Cairo Sands       Wipro Stadium, Nagpur

Highlights:
The Minor Premiers (Sao Paulo) and the Runners-Up (Cape Town) are looking for better titles, and somehow managed to miss each other in finals. There only meeting a 1 point thriller to the Pumas as the best midfields in the comp go head-to-head. 1st v 4th. Kennedy, Watson and Cotchin v Ablett, Sloane and Zaha but Sao Paulo has outscored them every week this year, so I'll back the Pumas.

I'm sensing an absolute smashing here, as the Buenos Aires Armadillos take on the fledgling Islanders. 60 point margin on the cards here, as the Armadillos look to get into the 4 after 2 early season losses.

The Warriors have shown some spirit, but Mexico City will be looking to boost percentage and take top spot even if the Pumas defeat the Cobras.

New York were looking unstroppable after round 4, undefeated and sitting 2nd on the table! But a poor effort against Moscow and a heart breaking loss to Cape Town has left them out of the 4, and back in the pack. Speaking of Packs, the Wolves are hungry to climb up the ladder and build a strong base for the season. This is one of the matches of the round, and I'll back the Wolves (as New York don't like it when I pick them).

Moscow has managed to win 3 games with scores in the 130s against quality opposition! Can they turn this great start into a 2nd consecutive finals appearance? The return of Nic Nat certainly helps. Despite a depleted forward line, PNL will give themselves a strong chance after a spirited effort against Mexico City. But I'll back the Russians.

Berlin let a massive chance slip last week to consolidate against a disappointing London. They will be shattered. A loss to Dublin will bring there finals hopes into question. Dublin are still a sneaky chance, but have only defeated the cellar dwellers this year, they need a victory against a middle-tier team to start gaining some respect.

London sit 3rd on the ladder, but know they were lucky last week to come away with a win. Tokyo will provide a great challenge for the Royals, as the Samurai look to break a 2 game losing streak, 2-5 would be hard to come back from. I think a London will win, but it will be tough with potentially Brent Stanton missing.

Seoul need a strong victory against Beijing to stay in contention, as they have failed when it counts so far this year after clinching the preseason title. Beijing are improving, and could fancy themselves a sneaky chance, but I don't think so.

Cairo are out of the 8 on percentage alone, and will likely see themselves in the 8 with a strong victory against New Delhi this week.

CrowsFan

roo boys!

Huge game for Toronto this week! Bring it on Sid.

Def: Johnson, Grima, Nicholson, Jamison
Mid: Pendles (C), Swallow (VC), Ziebell, McLean
Ruc: Jolly
Fwd: Ryder, Zorko, Robbo, JRoo
Int: Cunners, Jones
Emg: McGrath, MacMillan, Morris

Jukes

Moscow Spetsnaz

D: Shaw (c), Hardingham, Clarke, Frawley
M: Tuck, Treloar, Ward, Adams
R: Naitanui (vc)
F: Martin, Monfries, Walters, Darling
U: Griffen, Tuck

Emg: Seedsman, Murphy, Thomas

ossie85

Reckon Mexico City will pinch top spot no matter what the result of the Pumas-Cobras this week :)

CrowsFan

Gotta agree with you there Ossie. Doesn't matter though at this point of the season.

Nails

Suns still have to play Pumas twice and Armadillos once

3 potential losses there. Although looking like 50/50 games at the moment so a reasonable chance to drop 2 and could get unlucky and drop all 3.

Any other team could also upset them along the way.

CrowsFan

Why are they playing me twice nails? I thought we played each team once and then it was finals.

Nails

Ignore me. Moment of stupidity

My point still stands though have 2 games against us total.

I was thinking
Quote from: ossie85 on May 05, 2013, 09:13:00 PM

Reckon Mexico City will pinch top spot no matter what the result of the Pumas-Cobras this week :)

Was Suns/Pumas not Pumas/Cobras

And you played them in round 17 so got confused.

Suns still a good chance for 2 losses and Pumas could easily sneak in for first there.

Nige

Cairo Sands Round 7 Team Sheet

DEF: D.Stanley, B.Goodes, N.Malceski, C.Newman
MID: D.Armitage, N.Dal Santo, S.Grigg, R.Douglas
RUC: S.Mumford
FWD: D.Hale, L.Breust, S.Rowe, L.Thomas
UTI: M.Jones, C.Pearce

EMG: M.Rischitelli, J.Gibson, M.Evans

Captain: R.Douglas
Vice Captain: D.Armitage

*Subject to change

Won't promise a graphic this week, but I'll do my best to get one done if time permits.

My Chumps

Defence: G.Broughton, L.Spurr, T.Chaplin, L.Dunn
Midfield: J.Watson, T.Cotchin (C), J.Kennedy (VC), R.O'Keefe
Forward:  C.Sylvia, J.Garlett, D.Thomas, T.Hawkins
Ruck: Z.Smith
Utilities: A.Cooney, E.Curnow

Emerg: Jeremy Cameron, Craig Bird, Jacob Brennan

In: Ed Curnow, Lynden Dunn
Out: Craig Bird, Campbell Heath

Gave Daisy and Broughton a shout for improvement last week and they provided, so this week I'm calling out Tom Hawkins. Averaging 76 this season after 95 last year, pick up your game son! :(

Here's hoping Garlett and Cooney also continue there form and I'm sure Watson + Cotch will bounce back this week. Was lucky to get the win against NYR and it's only getting harder against the Puma's this round... need to play to full strength if we're to get the W!

Ringo

LONDON ROYALS PROVISIONAL ROUND 7 TEAM

Defenders:  REILLY, Brent; MACKIE, Andrew; O'BRIEN, Harry;  GILHAM, Stephen
Mids:  MACKAY, David;  BROADBENT, Matthew ; HANNEBERY, Daniel; McVEIGH, Jarrad
Ruck:  BELLCHAMBERS, Tom
Forwards: HILL, Josh;  LYNCH, Quentin; MAYNE, Chris;  BROWN, Johnathan
Utilities: REID, Ben ; PEARCE, Danyle
Emergencies: YOUNG, Tom, TUOHY, Zac ,PETTARD, Ricky 
Captain: HANNEBERY, Daniel
Vice McVEIGH, Jarrad

CrowsFan

Quote from: My Chumps on May 06, 2013, 04:52:34 PM
Gave Daisy and Broughton a shout for improvement last week and they provided, so this week I'm calling out Tom Hawkins. Averaging 76 this season after 95 last year, pick up your game son! :(
Should have traded him to me when you had the chance...

Justin Bieber

Paris Nice Lyon Reindeers

Backs: J. Harbrow (VC), D. Myers, L. McPharlin, H. Grundy.
Mids: M. Priddis (C), N. Jones, C. Wingard, K. Simpson.
Ruck: J. Griffin.
Fwds: J. Westhoff, T. Lynch, L. Jones, T. Goldsack.
Bench: D. Shiel, C. Smith.
Emerg: M. Lobbe, C. Howard, T. Dennis-Lane.

Hoping to get back on track with a win against Moscow 8).

Smith been in good form in the reserves so early signs have him in the side this week at the expensive of Lobbe.

Maca24

Mexico City Suns:

Def: B.Goddard, C.Enright, S.Hurn, J.Adcock.
Mids: S.Sidebottom (VC), S.Thompson (C), B.Ebert, B.Moloney.
Rucks: I.Maric.
Frwds: J.Bartel, N.Riewoldt, J.Lewis, M.Lecras.
Bench: L.Hodge, B.Vince.
Emg: A.Goodes, M.Firrito, M.Blivacs.

In: Bernie Vince.
Out: Stew Crameri.