ossie85

Round 10
(AFL Round 10)

Toronto Wolves       v       Cape Town Cobras       Rogers Centre, Toronto
Wellington Warriors       v       Moscow Spetsnaz       The Basin Reserve
Buenos Aires Armadillos       v       Berlin Brewers       Estadio de River
Sao Paulo Pumas       v       London Royals       Estádio do Pumas
Pacific Islanders       v       Seoul Magpies       TIO Stadium
Mexico City Suns       v       New Delhi Tigers       Fireball Stadium, Mexico City
New York Revolution       v       Cairo Sands       MetLife Stadium, New Jersey, USA
Paris Nice Lyon Reindeers       v       Beijing Thunder Stade de Gerland
Dublin Destroyers       v       Tokyo Samurai       Crooke Park

Highlights:
Defining Match 1:
The unlucky team versus the lucky team! Toronto are the 4th highest scoring team of the year, but have lost 4 matches, including last week's heart break against Moscow by a point. Cape Town are the 5th highest scoring team, 13 points less than Toronto, but have only dropped the 1 match and include 4 wins by 4 points or less (they are the anti-North Melbourne!). Lose this match, and Toronto will find themselves out of the 8, win and they are still a shot at top 4. Cape Town win and consolidate a finals place and cement top 4 position.

Defining Match 2:
Buenos Aires Armadillos --> are they celebrating before they have achieved? 2 losses, and a near miss against Cairo last week, and they sit in 4th spot with Moscow only percentage behind. Berlin are sitting in 7th spot, and are the 8th highest scoring team of the year (a vast improvement from last year) and have topped 150 points 3 times (see more below). A HUGE game for Berlin, and a danger game for Buenos Aires.

Defining Match 3:
Sao Paulo are not in bad form by any stretch... but are they in dominant form? If they are any chance of taking out top spot, or even stay top 2, they really need to defeat London. London, meanwhile, have recovered from an abysmal Round 6-7, but still need wins to hold there spot in the 8. A big scalp like this will make it very hard for London to drop out.

Defining Match 4:
9th v 11th. Is this an early elimination final? For Cairo, probably! Coming back from 4-6 will likely se them need to win 5, maybe 6, of its last 7 to qualify for the finals. New York meanwhile, have won only 1 match in its last 5, and only play 1 bottom 5 team for the rest of the year. Must win for both!

Defining Match 5:
A weird one, but PNL need to win. At 1-8, and decimated by injuries, a loss here and all of a sudden the spoon is in calculation! A win likely takes them out of the bottom 4. The season is over, but respect is needed. This looks like a one of the few chances for a win for Beijing, with new coaches Master Q and Toga looking for there first WXV win as coaches.

Definig Match 6:
Dublin v Tokyo! Now I'm calling this a virtual elimination final, 10th v 12th, both at 4-5, and looking to even the ledger. Can the resurgent Destroyers - already eclipsing last season - take out the Tokyo Samurai? (Would be a different story if Tokyo hadn't lost to the Pacific!)

150+ points in 2013:
8 - Mexico City
5 - Buenos Aires, Sao Paulo
3 - Berlin, Toronto
2 - London
1 - Cairo, New York

Other matches:
Wellington have been consistent this year, but have not threatened any team worth beating. Moscow should win there 6th in a row and continue a push for a surprise top 4 finish.

Pacific! What's going on! Problems on every line. Seoul, who have been struggling all year, simply won't drop this - if they do, it is season over.

Mexico City will beat New Delhi with 10 players, but the Tigers are rejuvenated, finding themselves out of the bottom 4!

Purple 77

Nige

Cairo Sands Round 10 Team

Backs: P.Hanley, C.Newman, N.Malceski, B.Goodes
Mids: R.Douglas, D.Armitage, B.Sewell, S.Grigg
Ruck: S.Mumford
Fwds: L.Breust, L.Thomas, P.Puopolo, J.Petrenko
Int: C.Pearce, N.Dal Santo

Emg: M.Jones, J.Gibson, M.Evans

Captain: R.Douglas
Vice Captain: P.Hanley

*Subject to change

Jukes

Moscow Spetsnaz

Gunning for 6 straight wins!

D: Shaw, Murphy, Fletcher, Clarke
M: Griffen (vc), Fyfe, Ward, Treloar
R: Naitanui (c)
F: Martin, Monfries, Darling, Adams
U: Vickery, Thomas

Emg: Seedsman, Burbury, Hombsch

Maca24

Mexico City Suns:

Def: B.Goddard, C.Enright, S.Hurn, J.Adcock.
Mids: S.Sidebottom, S.Thompson, B.Ebert, L.Hodge.
Rucks: I.Maric.
Frwds: J.Bartel (C), N.Riewoldt, J.Lewis, A.Goodes.
Bench: M.Lecras, J.Waite (VC).
Emg: B.Vince, B.Moloney, B.Lake.

In: Goodes. Out: Moloney.

Crameri, Vince, Moloney, Lake, Hrovat and Addison all miss.

Toga

Quote from: ossie85 on April 13, 2013, 02:54:57 PM
Paris Nice Lyon Reindeers       v       Beijing Bears       Stade de Gerland

Thunder! :P

Purple 77

Great write-up(s) oz! Always look forward to reading those every week.

I need a good week and the Armadillos need an average week for me to win  :-\ possible, but I reckon the odds are strongly in the Armadillos favour.

$1.25 to $3.50 I reckon.

The nerve wrecking part of my team is that I could just as easily score 1000 as I could 1500 :P

Nige

Freaking out a little. Big game, will need plenty of clutch. Struggled to name the right XV each week and at times (especially last time week :-X) it cost us. Really need to get it right or we can kiss finals goodbye.  :(

ossie85

Quote from: Toga on May 28, 2013, 05:16:46 PM
Quote from: ossie85 on April 13, 2013, 02:54:57 PM
Paris Nice Lyon Reindeers       v       Beijing Bears       Stade de Gerland

Thunder! :P

Fixed :) All these threads already exist, so apologies in advance!

@Purple, I should get around to doing some odds!

Toga

Haha no worries Oz :P We know what you meant!

Busy week for me so I'll just post a team just in case Q and I are busy later in the week. Subject to change!

D: H.Taylor (C), C.Hooker, B.Guerra, J.Thurlow
M: M.Rosa, O.Wines, L.Shiels, J.Caddy
R: M.Kreuzer (VC)
F: S.Gumbleton, S.Mayes, S.Kerridge, B.Kennedy
I/C: D.Kerr, K.Mitchell

EMG: D.Glass (D), D.Brogan (R), L.Tapscott (D)

Again, we are very short on midfielders and forwards. :(

Ringo

London Royals Provisional Team

Defenders:  REILLY, Brent ; MACKIE, Andrew  O'BRIEN, Harry;  REID, Ben
Mids:  MACKAY, David ;  HANNEBERY, Daniel ;STANTON, Brent ; McVEIGH, Jarrad
Ruck:  BELLCHAMBERS, Tom
Forwards: HILL, Josh;  STAKER, Brent; MAYNE, Chris;  LYNCH, Quentin
Utilities: BROADBENT, Matthew ; CACHIA, Jaryd
Emergencies: PEARCE, Danyle , MOORE, Andrew; TUOHY, Zach
Captain: STANTON, Brent
Vice: McVEIGH, Jarrad

In - Cachia, Lynch
Out - Brown, Pearce

New Cachia - Gets his chance after 2 promising performances for the Imperials.

Subject to change and final team announcements.

AFEV

I G Birchall (c)
II D Heppell
III T McKenzie
IV C Dempsey
V K Stevens
VI D Prestia (vc)
VII H Bennell
VIII A Gaff
IX M Pyke
X T Cloke
XI J Jenkins
XII A Christensen
XIII A Siposs
XIV T Liberatore
XV S Fisher

EMERGENCIES

I T Greene
II J Giles
III H Crozier

Smith is struggling so have to drop him out of the emergencies..Greene has had more than enough chances, Macrae is outperforming him and Stevens cannot be dropped after his effort last week. Libba hasn't cracked 90 in a month so he is on the edge too...One more good effort from Macrae and he might get a shot.

IN: Bennell, Birchall

OUT: Greene, Smith

Positive changes I'd say. Hopefully we can get an important win against Cairo.

CrowsFan

Still undecided how I will be lining up this week so waiting for teams to be announced as there are some injured players I'm hoping are back.

Also if Kyle Martin does indeed play this week like rumours are suggesting then he may find his way directly in to my side providing he is not the sub on Friday night. 27 disposals, 10 tackles and 6 goals in the VFL on the weekend, and apparently averaging around 150SC in the VFL!

Mitch Wallis also picked up 43 disposals in the VFL, surely must be close to a return for the Doggies?

Ringo

Quote from: CrowsFan on May 29, 2013, 02:29:05 PM
Still undecided how I will be lining up this week so waiting for teams to be announced as there are some injured players I'm hoping are back.

Also if Kyle Martin does indeed play this week like rumours are suggesting then he may find his way directly in to my side providing he is not the sub on Friday night. 27 disposals, 10 tackles and 6 goals in the VFL on the weekend, and apparently averaging around 150SC in the VFL!

Mitch Wallis also picked up 43 disposals in the VFL, surely must be close to a return for the Doggies?
We will play you whoever you put on the field CF,

CrowsFan

Quote from: Ringo on May 29, 2013, 02:50:52 PM
Quote from: CrowsFan on May 29, 2013, 02:29:05 PM

We will play you whoever you put on the field CF,
You don't really have a choice though do you :P
Quite worried that DanHan will come back and haunt me for trading him...  :-\